Newcastle United 1-2 Stoke City

Wavey Davey

The match itself was easily the lowpoint of the season so far, we were a bit lacklustre in the 1st half but still way better than Stoke who were simply awful, BUT! What happened after the break was disgraceful to be honest, we all know what Stoke are like and what their strongpoints are, you give them freekicks and throw-ins at your peril, bad, bad defeat and I'm afraid getting beat at home to Blackpool and Stoke at home so early on is very worrying, the B'pool game we all put down to 'one of those days', there can be no such excuse for yesterday.

On a positive note, Tiote looks head and shoulders better than Smith, mistake bringing him off if you ask me.

P.S. I don't know if any of you spotted my mortal drunk twin, think he was around here last night. :lol:

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in 94 when Shearer was coming back from injury and only made the bench for Blackburn against us then came on when we were one up - there was a visible affect on the team as if they collectively shit themselves and sure enough he equalised.

I cant help thinking that sadly the same thing happened yesterday when Rory fucking Delap came on.

We all know the limitations of the current team but equally we know they should have the beating of Stoke at home. Just as where Hughton's been given the plaudits elsewhere, he has to take the full criticism for this one. Stoke were shit and predictable but we still somehow managed to play into their hands. As has been said, one striker at home against a bottom club is an absurdity really when you're going to have a lot of ball in advanced positions and is basically just a lesson in how to waste possession, get yourself knackered and give your opponents confidence. The substitutions were further evidence of tactical frailties and Nolan's continued inclusion is an even more basic worry.

I remember in 94 when Shearer was coming back from injury and only made the bench for Blackburn against us then came on when we were one up - there was a visible affect on the team as if they collectively shit themselves and sure enough he equalised.

I cant help thinking that sadly the same thing happened yesterday when Rory fucking Delap came on.

Tbh from the first second of the second half it was inevitable they were goin to score - and all they had to do was drop on to our midfielders which left the likes of williamson, colo and perch running up blind alleys with no-one to pass to and ultimately surrendering possession. Delap merely provided the ammunition but even before he came on they had hit the woodwork and generally pissed allover us.

Tactically pathetic and six points lost by employing a negative defensive formation - I think it could be seen as an attacking formation but using nolan as second striker was always the away game ploy so we in theory we would not be overrun in midfield - sadly though his lack of mobility means it is virtually ten vs eleven - there was one point in the second half where he was runnin for a ball ten yards away and had a two yard start on the Stoke player but was still beaten to the ball by a yard - ridiculous really

Sorry to sound like a complete SKY fan, but it's funny you should mention that because that's exactly what I thought when he came on. The reason being it showed Delap warming up running up and down the touchline from what seemed like exactly the same angle as it did with Shearer for Blackburn 16 years ago. It always puts me in mind of that Shearer sub when I see something like that, it was just so ominous.

And you're right like, you just knew Shearer was going to score that day (he was unplayable at the time/returning to his boyhood club/good Blackburn team etc/our lead was pretty tentative) and the players bricked it. Yesterday was Rory fucking Delap and Stoke though. Jesus wept.

Geordies not arsed about this result, they are more worried about the great north run and ant and dec lol. Newcastle not a footballing city, you can tell by the players they produce. Do fucking gerodies play football in school? If so why can't they produce no stars? Newcastle the citys a sham without Ant and Dec and Cheyrl Cole.

Geordies not arsed about this result, they are more worried about the great north run and ant and dec lol. Newcastle not a footballing city, you can tell by the players they produce. Do fucking gerodies play football in school? If so why can't they produce no stars? Newcastle the citys a sham without Ant and Dec and Cheyrl Cole.

The stuttering fuck is this cunt on about? :lol:

Glue probably.

5barrygrant-7860.jpg

NEWCASTLE MATE. JUST WONDERING WHY THE CITY CANT PRODUCE NO FOOTBALL STARS. ARE THE KIDS ON SKOL SUPER?

DON'T GO ON ABOUT CARRICK THE ONLY GEORDIE PLAYER THAT PEOPLE KNOW. HES A LOAD OF SHIT. YOUR TEAM IS THAT POO ITS NEED SCOUSERS TO RESCUE THEM. FIRST TWO NAMES ON NEWCASTLES TEAM SHEET ARE SCOUSERS

NEWCASTLE MATE. JUST WONDERING WHY THE CITY CANT PRODUCE NO FOOTBALL STARS. ARE THE KIDS ON SKOL SUPER?

DON'T GO ON ABOUT CARRICK THE ONLY GEORDIE PLAYER THAT PEOPLE KNOW. HES A LOAD OF SHIT. YOUR TEAM IS THAT POO ITS NEED SCOUSERS TO RESCUE THEM. FIRST TWO NAMES ON NEWCASTLES TEAM SHEET ARE SCOUSERS

Oh, it's the Man U fan!

Thought you weren't coming back?

Has a lorry load of laptops met the usual fate in Liverpool in the last couple of weeks or something?

Cannot get moved for the cunts.

Oh, it's the Man U fan!

A lad called kophead from the LFC forum told me to come in here and hail some abuse. He said that this forum full of drunks, hailing abuse at scousers for no reason.

Edited by barry_grant

Has a lorry load of laptops met the usual fate in Liverpool in the last couple of weeks or something?

Oh, it's the Man U fan!

A lad called kophead from the LFC forum told me to come in here and hail some abuse. He said that this forum full of drunks, hailing abuse at scousers for no reason.

Alex has already had you up for this Kophead so we know who it is. Don't embarrass yourself any more eh you've been a complete disaster of a wum on here.

Oh, it's the Man U fan!

Are you trying to send up the copper off 'Allo 'Allo btw?

Krul had a mare like. Hard game for him though as he didn't get much help off the people in front of him. At the same time though he was rooted to his line a lot and didn't help his defenders out. That said, when he did come to claim a cross he was miles away and missed it completely leading to the first goal. Harper wouldn't have done any better though imo and I think he's got more ability than Harper too.

Stoke a team who rely on ariel bombardment and have a one trick pony in Delap yet as a football club what do we do? We leave a gap of three advertising boards 10 yards from the corner flag, he must have been laughing his tits off when he saw that.

When we play Stoke we should be redesigning the ground to make it more difficult for him. Those boards should never have been missing and all boards should have been moved forward as far as was legally allowed. Especially as we've narrowed our pitch this season.

Very good point.

Surprised no-one at the club thought of this.

Krul had a mare like. Hard game for him though as he didn't get much help off the people in front of him. At the same time though he was rooted to his line a lot and didn't help his defenders out. That said, when he did come to claim a cross he was miles away and missed it completely leading to the first goal. Harper wouldn't have done any better though imo and I think he's got more ability than Harper too.

His kicking was awful and he looked panic stricken when under pressure - he needs to sort it out quickly

His kicking was awful and he looked panic stricken when under pressure - he needs to sort it out quickly

you ever tried a goalkick on your wrong foot? hes a left footer and it was constantly being played back to his right