Newcastle United 1-2 Stoke City

Wavey Davey

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke have been horrible, but thankfully not dirty. Hope that continues in the second half though you would have to think that Pulis would make some changes. Routledge for mine has been weak, maybe get Jonas out there early in the second half if he doesn't improve. We should have created more chances for all the ball we've had. I think having two strikers out there against thus Stoke side would be smart IMO. Lots of balls into the box with Carroll our only real target we're making it easy for them to mark him (with the exception of Huth for the penalty).

Ultimately I'd like to see us creating more chances from open play.

Canny game from Enrique.

considering Ben arfas tendency to wander inside jose is struggling not having someone overlapping him ala jonas, id put jonas on the left, take routledge off and move ben arfa doing his wandering from the right

I'm liking the way Ben Arfa moves from the left across the centre and over to the right, he looks comfortable in all channels. Could easily accommodate him with Jonas and Routledge. Routledge would have to improve on his current form though! He needs lots of space to run into, so in a game like this where they're playing for their own counter attack be doesn't get the space he desires. Them being one down may help him out there.

Fuller looks like he's fucked his arm, serves him right for turning Jose so easily

thats what happens when you mess with our left back

hes not continuing, gudjonsen coming on

hopefully we can keep him quieter, not as much of an aerial threat there now