crowds

Dr Gloom

Totally agree re: Sunday games like. I think the early KOs are even worse. Btw, I don't think it was a terrible crowd by any means and Stoke aren't exactly a big draw plus there are all the other factors mentioned. In the past though we seem to have bucked the trends getting people in almost no matter what and the fact that's no longer the case seems to me a sad indictment on the way a lot of fans view the current owner. The membership fee for the singing area is a fucking piss-take too btw, although I'm not sure it's actually costing the club in terms of tickets sold as surely people would just go elsewhere in the ground if they still wanted to go. It won't have helped the atmosphere though.

People will have just watched it on the tele, especially with the free Sky thing. Our attendance for Arsenal was probably brought down by about 2k or so with it being on ESPN, it was just under 39k iirc.

How many did Stoke bring up this weekend?

I dont think that 41,000 on a sunday when its on the box isnt too bad. Crowds in general are on the decrease. I know personally Im sick of fucking sunday games, I hate them. No-one wants to be there and the atmosphere is shit. Plus Stokes pitful away following added to the gate size. Away support is disppearing in general. ticket prices, people being skint and shit KO times means away support is on the wane. Apart from the scum, Man U, Man city, bindippers, Spurs and Arsenal, I be very surprised if our away end at St james is full.

Hear, hear. I was in such a bad mood yesterday before the match even started :lol:

I hate Sunday games like. Spent the whole of yesterday waiting for it to be time to go to the match then came out afterwards knowing that in a few hours it'd be time to go to bed before work the next day. Rubbish.