Internet Explorer 8

LeazesMag

when I first started using this, it worked very well. But now, in the last few days, it has started not retaining my cookies [ I have them set to manual override ie I either select them or block them if I think they are spam etc]. I have been doing this for years.

But now...for instance, even though my cookie for this site is "saved" and is still in my list of cookies if I go to look at internet options, I get a pop up asking if I want to save it again.

Any ideas ?

I have unticked the box which says delete temp files, cookies etc on logging off [which I also used to have ticked and it retained the cookies I wanted to retain].

This is a bit of a pain in the arse tbh

Would the new cookie not be an updated version each time you visit so it wants to override the old one - hence asking for permission each time? Some of the activity is stored on the forum database such as which posts you've read and when, but the last time you clicked "view new posts" will be stored in the cookie and will have to be overwritten each time.

You should check your antivirus software and make sure that it isn't doing some sort of cookie clear out every now and then. You might have to add IE8 as an exception or summit!

Edited by Ruler of Planet Houston

I use firefox, ONLY because of the developer plugins but I would gladly stick with chrome if I could. FF is the only thing in the whole wide world that actually crashes on my mac. IE should be destroyed, safari is probably second to chrome, netscape, opera, flock etc... are pretty bollocks.

Snap, Chrome is the most upto date when it comes to CSS3, like you I mainly use Firefox because of the Web Developer stuff as otherwise it has a habit of crashing my PC and leaking memory sommat rotten.

it's the "manage sites" which isn't working properly. It is emptying the box when I log off [at least this is what it seems to be doing]

There a setting within AutoComplete for usernames and passwords.

On IE8 its;

> IE > Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete > Settings > User names and passwords on forms

it's the "manage sites" which isn't working properly. It is emptying the box when I log off [at least this is what it seems to be doing]

There a setting within AutoComplete for usernames and passwords.

On IE8 its;

> IE > Tools > Internet Options > Content tab > AutoComplete > Settings > User names and passwords on forms

ta mate. I looked right through it all yesterday, and made a few changes. It didn't delete my sites this morning, but I've ticked that box you suggest as well now.

I use firefox, ONLY because of the developer plugins but I would gladly stick with chrome if I could. FF is the only thing in the whole wide world that actually crashes on my mac. IE should be destroyed, safari is probably second to chrome, netscape, opera, flock etc... are pretty bollocks.

Snap, Chrome is the most upto date when it comes to CSS3, like you I mainly use Firefox because of the Web Developer stuff as otherwise it has a habit of crashing my PC and leaking memory sommat rotten.

ta PP. If I have any more probs I'll put chrome back on.

In another thread you asked about switching your router off each night. Are you doing this? As you may be receiving a new IP each time it goes off.

no I'm leaving it plugged in 24 hours, same as PC

It might be worth noting down your IP address is www.whatsmyip.org and see if it changes the next time they are removed.

Maybe router is rebooting/crashing/disconnecting every few days.

it's done it again, more or less the same time as yesterday.

My IP is the same.

Disabling AVG9 is done by disabling the shield, apparently. So I will do this tomorrow before 1700-1800 and see what happens.

This didn't happen when I was using orange broadband though.

Edit.

I still have the Speedtouch Connection [broadband for orange] installed on the PC...... :( even though I;m not using it anymore

Edited by LeazesMag

Leazes man stop using IE and start using Chrome. It'll import all your bookmarks etc and is just a much better browser.

Its what Freddy Shepherd uses.

fuck off.

Where does it bookmark :( I've downloaded it. It doesn't save passwords to this site, for instance. First windows media player version 11 is shit, now internet explorer.

I'm going out.

Should just use Chrome or Opera.

how good is opera and what does it look like ?

Wasn't too struck on firefox but I suppose it worked properly