Boardwalk Empire

Happy Face

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Got up to episode 5 of season 2 last night.

The scalping :lol:

How Homeland beat this for the best drama Golden Glode is beyond me. Like when they gave it to 24 over the West Wing. Madness.

How Homeland beat this for the best drama Golden Glode is beyond me. Like when they gave it to 24 over the West Wing. Madness.

Homeland is more zeitgeist atm.

Homeland is more zeitgeist atm.

When else could it be?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

made up, all my favourite program's back this week with peep show to come

All your favourite programs, a well earned point and beers, you've had a good evening mate :good:

That scene at the gas station was mind blowing TV.

I got a gun. He got a gun. He got a gun. Everybody got guns!

Every scene with Rosetti in is tension personified, a brilliant character that's already added so much to the show.

Also I love a bit Chalky White too.

• 1 month later...

That episode of Boardwalk Empire was pretty decent!

In a way though it's a bit shit they've used real life mobsters for characters though like Luciano, Capone and Rothstein as you know how/when they died and how it won't come up in this season, leaving the generic named characters like the irish lad and pitt last season for the chop

It was amazing if you ask me. An absolute masterclass in direction, and perfectly acted. The last 10 minutes or so of this episode will live long in the memory.

These are some thoughts I posted on another site about it:

The whole Owen thing at the end had me almost clapping it was so good. I love the use of juxtaposed light when Margaret had her conversations with Nucky and Owen respectively. It was kind of building up to someone happening to her and Owen in terms of their relationship, I think Margaret knew something like this would happen if they didn't leave sooner rather than later and it's exactly why she wanted to leave. Fascinated to see what happens with her and Nucky now he realises she was having an affair. Not to mention her pregnancy.

Wonder what Rothstein will do now Lansky and Luciano have more or less betrayed him. Also what Capone plans for Van Aalden.

Also pondering whether Rosetti's guy is going to turn on him after that. Hopefully he will.

See Rosetti is one of the generic characters, where as luciano's story is pretty famous he was deported and died in naples of a heart attack in his mid 60's and wasn't deported until he was around 50, same with rothstein he was 50 or something when he was killed, and capone was around same age as well and had a stroke, they could just ignore all that like but i don't see it happening. It's been renewed for a 4th season already so i think it'll be setup for a war against Rossetti and that crowd next season with capone etc involved.

'Juxtaposed light'. Ant hiding in the film buff closet. :lol: