Boardwalk Empire

Happy Face

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Mellon inform Randolph about Rothstein and the distillery? Obviously Nucky was behind it but I thought that Mellon was against prohibition and was interested in making a profit from the distillery?

Caught up.

Christ, Harrow is a bad mother fucker.

Want to know what's going to happen with Van Alden as he was kind of just discarded towards the end and he's a good character.

Surely if Mellon has Rothstein arrested he (and Nucky) could run the distillery without competition from New York?

I'd be interested to see if they play upon Murder Inc in the next season

I'd be interested to see if they play upon Murder Inc in the next season

Too soon I imagine. All that stuff (Five Families, the Commission) originated in the 30s. Prohibition itself didn't end till 1932, and if I recall correctly season 3 of this show was set between 22 and 23.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

So where is Harrow going to end up?

As part of Nucky's crew or will he just fade off?

I was amazed that Gillian looked like she might survive the overdose.

She was way to lucid in her last scene to look like she may die.

Thoughts?

van Alden seems to have run his course but it will be interesting to see how far they develop Esther Randolf's character.

Why did Mellon inform Randolph about Rothstein and the distillery? Obviously Nucky was behind it but I thought that Mellon was against prohibition and was interested in making a profit from the distillery?

Because that was Nucky's revenge plan against Rothstein for hanging him out to dry in his time of need against Masseria/Rosetti.

It was obviously hatched when Doyle phoned the timber yard, remember the call, we saw the start but not how it progressed from there.

I was amazed that Gillian looked like she might survive the overdose.

She was way to lucid in her last scene to look like she may die.

Thoughts?

Can't imagine they'll let Harrow fade away, he's too useful a plot device as he has no historical character as his base.

I don't think there's enough in the syringe for an overdose, the guy she killed didn't die of an overdose, she held him under til he drowned. Also, Gyp was interrupted, maybe he didn't empty the syringe?

Hope Van Alden doesn't drift away,

I've enjoyed his descent into criminality. Would have been nice for him to have turned up with Capone for the ambush at the end

Because that was Nucky's revenge plan against Rothstein for hanging him out to dry in his time of need against Masseria/Rosetti.

It was obviously hatched when Doyle phoned the timber yard, remember the call, we saw the start but not how it progressed from there.

I understand why Nucky did it but I don't understand why Mellon went along with it.

Surely he can see that without Rothstein, they'd be the biggest bootleggers in the country by some margin? Mind you, with Means making a brief appearance, Nucky may have a secret over Mellon?