How do I recover a corrupt .mdb file

Happy Face

Got a shared doc we're trying to open and get the error:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. "

Tried decompiling....get the same error.

Tried "compact & repair"....get the same error.

Microsoft help says....

To resolve this problem, do not allow Null values, or establish a default value on the fields with a bit data type. To do so, follow these steps:

NOTE: To perform this procedure, you must have the appropriate permissions to modify database objects (db_ddladmin or db_owner).

1. Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and then locate the server where the database is located.

2. Expand the Databases folder, double-click the database name, and then click Tables.

3. In the right pane of SQL Server Manager, right-click the table where the field with a bit data type is located, and then click Design Table.

4. Under Default Value, type either 0 (zero) or 1.

NOTE: To disallow Null values, clear the appropriate Allow Nulls check box.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318882

But i wouldn't know if i've got SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Is it standard?

:(

Edited by Happy Face

• 3 weeks later...
Got a shared doc we're trying to open and get the error:

"The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. "

Tried decompiling....get the same error.

Tried "compact & repair"....get the same error.

Microsoft help says....

To resolve this problem, do not allow Null values, or establish a default value on the fields with a bit data type. To do so, follow these steps:

NOTE: To perform this procedure, you must have the appropriate permissions to modify database objects (db_ddladmin or db_owner).

1. Start SQL Server Enterprise Manager, and then locate the server where the database is located.

2. Expand the Databases folder, double-click the database name, and then click Tables.

3. In the right pane of SQL Server Manager, right-click the table where the field with a bit data type is located, and then click Design Table.

4. Under Default Value, type either 0 (zero) or 1.

NOTE: To disallow Null values, clear the appropriate Allow Nulls check box.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318882

But i wouldn't know if i've got SQL Server Enterprise Manager. Is it standard?

;)

Dont know if this is still a problem but SQL Server is not a home user software package. Its used by IT professionals on a server environment.

If your sitting at home and using MS Access or something, then your best bet is restoring from a backup on your computer. (if you have one)