Carroll

Has signed a 5 year deal.

Good news.

Edit: Just read the other thread but this has fuck all to do with him being omitted from the England squad so fuck you's :(

Edited by Tom

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, glad to hear this, he really seemed to make progress last season, and hopefully can step up to prem level. Hope there's a 'no pay if you're locked up' clause tho.

• 2 weeks later...
England under-21 footballer Andy Carroll was charged with assault and will appear in court today, police said.

The Newcastle United striker was due to appear before Tynedale Magistrates Court, Northumberland, this morning.

Carroll, 21, wears the club's famous number nine shirt and won plaudits for his early season form.

A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: "Andrew Thomas Carroll, 21, previously of Prestwick, Newcastle, has been charged with assault.

"He is due to appear before Tynedale Magistrates this morning."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime...lt-2109692.html

Me and Scottish Mag were talking about us going down and just to make me even more depressed he pointed out that if you go down twice you're really in the shit because the likes of Enrique, Colocinni, S. Taylor, etc. who hung around last time will be away. You can probably add Nolan, Carroll, Tiote and quite a few others to that list too.

Great, eh?

Much has also been said about the importance of staying up this season as it almost guarantees a further two years due to the poor teams likely to come up. That said, who knows what investment would be put into the likes of QPR.

When struggling at the new year there are two options. Try to buy your way out of trouble, something I expect we will see Liverpool do. Or consolodate and prepare your finances for relegation. Something I'd expect us to do.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
On the plus side though the new advert on top of the Gallowgate looks class.

Looked better when it just said DIRE, would've been appropriate on Saturday too.

No one would admit to it on here if they did ever raise their hands to a lass I bet 1 in 10 of you have, but I can't get my head round a powerful bloke hitting a woman. It's just impossible to get your head round. Everyone has rows, and there's plenty women out there who can do my head right in, but what a fuckin coward, hitting a lass, 6ft4 14st, hitting a lass. Fuckin coward. The thing is if it's true and it was his lass, like I'm led to believe, he's gonna have that wife beater stigma his whole career now like Gazza.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

On the plus side though the new advert on top of the Gallowgate looks class.

Looked better when it just said DIRE, would've been appropriate on Saturday too.

No one would admit to it on here if they did ever raise their hands to a lass I bet 1 in 10 of you have, but I can't get my head round a powerful bloke hitting a woman. It's just impossible to get your head round. Everyone has rows, and there's plenty women out there who can do my head right in, but what a fuckin coward, hitting a lass, 6ft4 14st, hitting a lass. Fuckin coward. The thing is if it's true and it was his lass, like I'm led to believe, he's gonna have that wife beater stigma his whole career now like Gazza.

So he should as well. Hope we can get rid of him.

No one would admit to it on here if they did ever raise their hands to a lass I bet 1 in 10 of you have

I was charged with assault of my ex-wife and spent a night in the cells for the trouble.

Most people automatically assume I lamped here and it sounds fucking terrible but in reality what happened was we were having the mother of all arguments, she was the one that got physical and started lashing out at me and all I did was pin her to the ground to stop her doing it any more. Trouble was because of her screaming her head off, the neighbours called the old bill who came round and deemed I'd used excessive force - these days that's an automatic night at Her Majesty's pleasure.

It's something I try not to think about, happened nearly 4 years ago and I'm utterly ashamed off yet for my troubles I have a life-long police caution and I'll apparently have difficulty ever going for a job that would involve working with kids (i.e. where I'd need a CRB check).

So yeah Stevie, I'll raise my hand to acknowledge - but I bet others (that have done far worse), won't.

Once made the mistake of having a really bad argument with our lass whilst she was in the kitchen using a very sharpe kitchen knife!

She through the fucker at me and it went staright between my legs at about knee height! :lol:

Lucky escape.

Being the father of three daughters I have no time whatsoever for any violence by a man against a woman.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
No one would admit to it on here if they did ever raise their hands to a lass I bet 1 in 10 of you have

I was charged with assault of my ex-wife and spent a night in the cells for the trouble.

Most people automatically assume I lamped here and it sounds fucking terrible but in reality what happened was we were having the mother of all arguments, she was the one that got physical and started lashing out at me and all I did was pin her to the ground to stop her doing it any more. Trouble was because of her screaming her head off, the neighbours called the old bill who came round and deemed I'd used excessive force - these days that's an automatic night at Her Majesty's pleasure.

It's something I try not to think about, happened nearly 4 years ago and I'm utterly ashamed off yet for my troubles I have a life-long police caution and I'll apparently have difficulty ever going for a job that would involve working with kids (i.e. where I'd need a CRB check).

So yeah Stevie, I'll raise my hand to acknowledge - but I bet others (that have done far worse), won't.

That's not assault though that's self defence and totally understandable. Sounds like you're well away from it. The nearest I came to it was punching a desk and gritting my teeth at a manager I had from the past because she printed off an email from me to another girl claiming I had called her dodgy cow who looked like a mule. The stupid cow didn't read it properly and it was the lass who had said that about her not me, and as she looked down the page she could see I was defending her. Heed the baal Wigan cow she was.