Carroll

After Carroll got done for assault the first time and then decked Taylor I was all for him being sacked, hated the thick twat, but that subsided with him doing well last season and us being promoted. Just goes to show we should have got him out and the same goes for Barton. Carroll's not good enough to warrant sticking with through all this bother, dragging the club through the fucking dirt.

I think there's a case that, before morality is even considered, these types of players are not worth the bother. Can't see Wenger of Ferguson putting up with this shit.

We're probably not in the position now to get shut as long as there remains the slightest chance he could remain available to keep us up.

That said, in the past when we have been in the position to get rid of players (and we absolutely should have done) we still never did. We've tolerated some shit from players over the last decade (we've actually fostered the conditions for it in many cases imo) and we've been rewarded accordingly.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, morality doesn't come into it as far as the club is concerned. They only investigated sacking Barton because they wanted him off the wage bill. Carroll's still in the sellable asset category atm. I wonder what clauses were inserted into his 5 year contract about future bother though.

Don't be ridiculous man that would involve foresight!

She's grotesque like.

She looks like a talentless wannabe trying to cling on to any shred of fame and it's a shame Carroll is clearly stupid enough - and sufficiently lacking in any taste - to be knocking about with it.

I'm sure she's got a lovely personality. :icon_lol:

Although alternatively, and a bit more seriously she may have very much the opposite and Caroll was genuinely acting in self defence as he claims, which going off the tales Craig and CT tell is quite possible.

Given his previous however people and more importantly the law are going to think otherwise - as has been demonstrated in this thread.

My gut instinct says he walloped her unjustifiably as well btw but let's see what comes out..

I don't think anyone is saying different so no point in getting holier than thou about it really. :)

There are a few understandably jumping to the obvious but what you suggest wasn't my intention, was just agreeing with what had been said already really.

Thing is, morality doesn't come into it as far as the club is concerned. They only investigated sacking Barton because they wanted him off the wage bill. Carroll's still in the sellable asset category atm. I wonder what clauses were inserted into his 5 year contract about future bother though.

Don't be ridiculous man that would involve foresight!

Whey come on. Any club with half an ounce of common sense and football brain would get that in their contract given the lads previous.

Oh......

i don't get why he has to live with nolan. that's just weird

Probably on account of the fact he's effectively given the court 'no fixed abode' as his address.

I'm presuming that instead of specifically requesting him to live with Nolan, the court has instructed the club that his bail conditions are that he has to reside with someone who can keep an eye on him - club captain seems to be their choice.

Hughton has no concerns that England Under 21 international Carroll will be fully focused on the game at West Ham this weekend, despite the off-field controversy.

"With Andy, he has concentrated very much on his football," he added.

"He is a strong-minded individual and I am quite sure he will be in the right frame of mind to play football, quite sure."

Link to SSN

The mind isn't strong enough to stay out of trouble though...

Andy Carroll's car torched at Kevin Nolan's home

TOON striker Andy Carroll’s car was torched while parked on the drive of team-mate Kevin Nolan's house.

Carroll is living with the Magpies skipper as a condition of his bail after being charged with the alleged assault of a teenager.

Nolan also had his garage door daubed with graffiti when his property in Northumberland was targeted last night.

Police were called after the United pair spotted Carroll’s chrome-plated Range Rover - which he recently bought to celebrate being awarded a new five-year contract - in flames on the drive.

Firefighters arrived at the house at around 7pm.

And when police got there, they found graffiti relating to the Gateshead-born striker scrawled on Nolan’s garage door.

Today, the obscenities had been covered-up with a sheet, while security staff stood guard outside house to prevent any other intruders gaining access.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A car was set on fire at 7.08pm on Wednesday, October 20.

"Police received a report from the fire and rescue service of a fire outside an address.

"Officers attended and a Range Rover was found to be on fire. The fire was extinguished by the fire and rescue service and no one was injured.

"The garage door of the property was also vandalised. Inquiries into the incident are ongoing and police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 0345 043043 ext 69191 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111."

Carroll is living with Nolan after appearing in court accused of assaulting an ex-girlfriend. He was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning after police were called to a house in Ponteland where an 18-year-old had suffered head injuries.

The England under-21 forward appeared before Hexham Magistrates’ Court, where he told the bench he was currently living at Jesmond Dene House hotel, in Newcastle.

His case was adjourned until January 10, 2011 with a condition of his bail that he lives with Nolan at the skipper’s home.

It came after Carroll, an Academy product, signed a new five-year contract. After securing the deal, he splashed out on the Range Rover, which has gadgets inside it, including a games console in the back.

The former Joseph Swan School pupil made his first- team debut in November 2006 at the age of 17 and his Premier League debut three months later.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-27518147/

DYER WARNING FOR CARROLL

Posted 21/10/10 10:41

Kieron Dyer has warned Andy Carroll not to make the same mistakes he did as he attempts to establish himself at Newcastle.

The 21-year-old striker appeared before magistrates this week charged with assault.

Dyer, who hopes to line up against his former club for West Ham on Saturday, knows all about life under the spotlight on Tyneside after an eventful eight years at the club.

The 31-year-old midfielder told the Journal: "We had a young exciting team, a fantastic team when you think about it. But there was a lot going on off the pitch as well.

"They called us the Brat Pack, and I suppose we were at the time. There was myself, Craig Bellamy, Jermaine Jenas, Titus Bramble, Carl Cort - we were young lads who had a lot of money, single, living away from home.

"We were enjoying life off the pitch and we got up to all sorts. But that is the problem you have in a city like Newcastle.

"We were doing well on the pitch and we were intent on enjoying ourselves off it, but we got into too many scrapes. We attracted the wrong sort of attention and there are things I did which I just can't believe when I look back.

"That is what happens when you turn young men into millionaires in a city where they receive so much adulation just for being footballers. There are so many dangers when that happens, so many pitfalls - I fell into a lot of them.

"I look at Andy Carroll and you can see the same problems. I hope he gets himself sorted out because he could become an excellent player."

Andy Carroll's car torched at Kevin Nolan's home

TOON striker Andy Carroll’s car was torched while parked on the drive of team-mate Kevin Nolan's house.

Carroll is living with the Magpies skipper as a condition of his bail after being charged with the alleged assault of a teenager.

Nolan also had his garage door daubed with graffiti when his property in Northumberland was targeted last night.

Police were called after the United pair spotted Carroll’s chrome-plated Range Rover - which he recently bought to celebrate being awarded a new five-year contract - in flames on the drive.

Firefighters arrived at the house at around 7pm.

And when police got there, they found graffiti relating to the Gateshead-born striker scrawled on Nolan’s garage door.

Today, the obscenities had been covered-up with a sheet, while security staff stood guard outside house to prevent any other intruders gaining access.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A car was set on fire at 7.08pm on Wednesday, October 20.

"Police received a report from the fire and rescue service of a fire outside an address.

"Officers attended and a Range Rover was found to be on fire. The fire was extinguished by the fire and rescue service and no one was injured.

"The garage door of the property was also vandalised. Inquiries into the incident are ongoing and police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them on 0345 043043 ext 69191 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111."

Carroll is living with Nolan after appearing in court accused of assaulting an ex-girlfriend. He was arrested in the early hours of Sunday morning after police were called to a house in Ponteland where an 18-year-old had suffered head injuries.

The England under-21 forward appeared before Hexham Magistrates’ Court, where he told the bench he was currently living at Jesmond Dene House hotel, in Newcastle.

His case was adjourned until January 10, 2011 with a condition of his bail that he lives with Nolan at the skipper’s home.

It came after Carroll, an Academy product, signed a new five-year contract. After securing the deal, he splashed out on the Range Rover, which has gadgets inside it, including a games console in the back.

The former Joseph Swan School pupil made his first- team debut in November 2006 at the age of 17 and his Premier League debut three months later.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-...72703-27518147/

:razz:

Duh....duh.....duh.....du-du-du-du-du--du....anyone can fall in love.....etc

DYER WARNING FOR CARROLL

Kieron Dyer has warned Andy Carroll not to make the same mistakes he did as he attempts to establish himself at Newcastle.

The 21-year-old striker appeared before magistrates this week charged with assault.

Dyer, who hopes to line up against his former club for West Ham on Saturday, knows all about life under the spotlight on Tyneside after an eventful eight years at the club.

The 31-year-old midfielder told the Journal: "We had a young exciting team, a fantastic team when you think about it. But there was a lot going on off the pitch as well.

"They called us the Brat Pack, and I suppose we were at the time. There was myself, Craig Bellamy, Jermaine Jenas, Titus Bramble, Carl Cort - we were young lads who had a lot of money, single, living away from home.

"We were enjoying life off the pitch and we got up to all sorts. But that is the problem you have in a city like Newcastle.

"We were doing well on the pitch and we were intent on enjoying ourselves off it, but we got into too many scrapes. We attracted the wrong sort of attention and there are things I did which I just can't believe when I look back.

"That is what happens when you turn young men into millionaires in a city where they receive so much adulation just for being footballers. There are so many dangers when that happens, so many pitfalls - I fell into a lot of them.

"I look at Andy Carroll and you can see the same problems. I hope he gets himself sorted out because he could become an excellent player."

Possibly the most sensible thing that's ever come out of his mouth. And a classic example of wisdom coming through experience.

DYER WARNING FOR CARROLL

Possibly the most sensible thing that's ever come out of his mouth. And a classic example of wisdom coming through experience.

He's parents have waited 31 years for this moment!!