Carroll

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done well to end up with just a fine, although perhaps its because the CCTV footage proved it was not as bad as was first made out.

I fear though that unless it can be proved that this lass attacked him first and all he did was restrain her, it will not go well for him. Woman + previous + doubt = Not good for AC

I fear though that unless it can be proved that this lass attacked him first and all he did was restrain her, it will not go well for him. Woman + previous + doubt = Not good for AC

Wouldn't be the first time a footballer had been unfailry accused.....and having his car torched suggests there's a bit of a radgie vendetta.

Wouldn't be the first time a footballer had been unfailry accused.....and having his car torched suggests there's a bit of a radgie vendetta.

I agree, I'm hoping that shows she's mental and that supports his defence. Depends if they can prove its her/related to her.

acccx.jpg

Reserve that for if we beat them / he scores against them. If the daft twat is sent off after 5 mins we're going to look absolute chumps for circulating that one...

Just what I was thinking. Abit daft making that now, anything could happen.

He's done well to end up with just a fine, although perhaps its because the CCTV footage proved it was not as bad as was first made out.

I agree. If he's convicted of the second assault, there's every chance he'll be sent down imo.

68890_1317764922893_1793853961_630671_981733_n.jpg

Anyone else notice the state of his knuckles tonight?

Must've been a left uppercut he dished out.

I heard he was waving to someone and their face slipped onto his fist.

Mackem at work said he didn't think he played that well. He's not bitter or owt (gutted obviously) and he's a canny lad and knowledgable too and I just said 'alright?' to him this morning and he started talking about the game and said he had no complaints etc. so fair enough on that score but I thought Carroll was class the same as you.

When does the England squad get announced?

He must be in with a chance this time around.

The game is next Wednesday isn't it? So pretty soon I guess. If he puts in another good shift against Blackburn in a couple of days then I don't think many would be surprised to see him in the squad at least, what with all the injuries at the moment.

Carroll, he is somebody with a genuine chance of emulating Alan Shearer, but history tells you that guys who continually find themselves on the front pages never turn into anything.

At 21, the Newcastle centre-forward is already an unbelievable handful and a nightmare proposition for any defender. But off the pitch, he needs to calm down and somebody needs to get a grip of him as it would be a huge shame if he allowed his talent to go to waste.

Few footballers at Carroll’s age believe themselves to be anything but invincible and, on the pitch, you would want to him keep every bit of the fire and passion that he has shown for Newcastle this season.

It is a different story off the pitch, though. Some players can handle off-field problems for a while without it affecting their game, but nobody is single-minded enough to blank it out forever.

Finding yourself making headlines for all the wrong reasons will take its toll eventually, but if Carroll can put the negative press behind him, there is no denying that Newcastle and England have a massively exciting talent on their hands.

Against Arsenal, when he scored his sixth league goal of the season, he ran tirelessly for his team and was a consistent threat.

Shearer worked with Carroll during his spell in charge of Newcastle and he has since compared him to Duncan Ferguson. I can see where Alan is coming from, but I believe that Carroll is a better player than Duncan.

In his prime, Duncan had all the attributes that Carroll possesses and he was seriously difficult to play against, so the similarities are obvious.

But Carroll has a better left foot and he is still only 21. All that he lacks are the elements that come with time and experience - such as improving how he backs into defenders - but that raw talent is there and it is why he can be a superstar if he stays on the straight and narrow.

If he learns to do the right things off the pitch, then he can be like Shearer at Newcastle. Alan’s feats in the Newcastle number nine shirt have made him a legend at St James’ Park, so emulating him is an incredibly difficult task for anybody.

But Carroll has a chance and that is why it is so important that he makes the most of his ability and potential.

England and Fabio Capello have been crying out for a player like Carroll and there is every chance he will called up for the friendly against France next week. Let’s just hope that he makes the most of what he has.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...-of-intent.html

Edited by Happy Face