The official "Souness out" thread

Jimbo

Sorry but it had to be done !

In all seriousness, my initial knee jerk reaction to lastnight is that Souness has got to go, but if he were to be sacked who would we appoint ? who's the best candidate ? or would it simply be a case that the job is given to Shearer ???

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So long as Shepherd is at the helm, I think it'll be Shearer...

Seriously think Le Guen & Hitzfeld are out of our reach.

But he HAS to go!

I'd love to see Stuart Pearce here but that's not gonna happen

I've always been in the give him till the end of the season camp, but I think we're starting to reach new lows. If we got rid of him now I'm not sure who you'd bring in to replace him, but surely there must be someone available that could get this rag tag outfit playing as a team.

But he HAS to go!

63250[/snapback]

He wouldn't even try for them though.

I've always been in the give him till the end of the season camp, but I think we're starting to reach new lows. If we got rid of him now I'm not sure who you'd bring in to replace him, but surely there must be someone available that could get this rag tag outfit playing as a team.

63252[/snapback]

I'm starting to feel that way but maintain that a replacement of Shearer/Bruce/O'Leary would be worse.

I'm encouraged that Hitzfeld has re-appeared on the radar with his Hearts/Man U comments but its still a forlon hope imo.

But he HAS to go!

63250[/snapback]

63253[/snapback]

You would probably have to explain to him who Le Guen and Hitzfeld are !

I want GS out, infact i never wanted him 'in' He's an average manager at best , nothing special with practically no man management skills. always thought it and i'll never change my mind.

But do we really want Shearer to take over yet? I adore Shearer, he's a legend, infact, my absolute hero and because of this i dont want him to take over such a massive job with no real experience....i cant bear to think of the consequences if it all went wrong ;) So though my heart would love to see BigAl at the helm my head says no, not yet.

I want GS out, infact i never wanted him 'in'  He's an average manager at best , nothing special with practically no man management skills. always thought it and i'll never change my mind.

But do we really want Shearer to take over yet? I adore Shearer, he's a legend, infact, my absolute hero and because of this i dont want him to take over such a massive job with no real experience....i cant bear to think of the consequences if it all went wrong  ;)  So though my heart would love to see BigAl at the helm my head says no, not yet.

63264[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. He's my hero too, and I'm already starting to not like him after his performances this season. If he fails as a manager (which he will, seeing that we're Newcastle) then he'll no doubt lose his legend status, and I'd hate for that to happen.

We need an experienced manager who can actually coach and employ some decent tactics. In my opinion Shearer is not the answer.

63268[/snapback]

Sadly I fear that Shepherd thinks he IS the answer....

We need an experienced manager who can actually coach and employ some decent tactics. In my opinion Shearer is not the answer.

63268[/snapback]

But FS knows that we all want a Geordie manager, and we all want Shearer, remember? ;)

63272[/snapback]

I think he really does believe this like. I can just imagine the look of smugness on his enormous moonface at the press conference and the "Geordies understand Newcastle United" comments. :angry:

I want GS out, infact i never wanted him 'in'  He's an average manager at best , nothing special with practically no man management skills. always thought it and i'll never change my mind.

But do we really want Shearer to take over yet? I adore Shearer, he's a legend, infact, my absolute hero and because of this i dont want him to take over such a massive job with no real experience....i cant bear to think of the consequences if it all went wrong  ;)  So though my heart would love to see BigAl at the helm my head says no, not yet.

63264[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. He's my hero too, and I'm already starting to not like him after his performances this season. If he fails as a manager (which he will, seeing that we're Newcastle) then he'll no doubt lose his legend status, and I'd hate for that to happen.

63267[/snapback]

Exactly :angry:

He's too 'close' too involved at the moment. He needs time out, time away from NUFC when he hangs up his boots. I'd much prefer him to take a coaching role somewhere and work his way up....

Then he can return to us in a few years time much more prepared for the task.... then hopefully it will work out, at least he'd be better prepared with the skills and experience to take the job on.

I mean in any other career, would a top management role be given to a complete novice? NO of course not.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong :angry:

Taken from nufc.com

"Where does that leave the current manager and his band of merry men? Well the half-time boos turned into cat-calls and cries of "we want Souness out" by the final whistle.

The Chairman was left in no doubt about current feeling when around 40 fans surrounded his Range Rover as it got stuck in traffic leaving the ground, chanting "Souness out".

Saturday is likely to see two sets of irate fans turning on their managers, should they still be there by then, of course...."

Lets hope he got the message !

But he HAS to go!

63250[/snapback]

63253[/snapback]

You would probably have to explain to him who Le Guen and Hitzfeld are !

63263[/snapback]

After explaining where France and Germany are ;)

63268[/snapback]

But FS knows that we all want a Geordie manager, and we all want Shearer, remember? ;)

63272[/snapback]

I think he really does believe this like. I can just imagine the look of smugness on his enormous moonface at the press conference and the "Geordies understand Newcastle United" comments. :angry:

63275[/snapback]

He does believe it, he buys into the whole 'Geordie Nation' bollocks.

63264[/snapback]

63267[/snapback]

Exactly :angry:

He's too 'close' too involved at the moment. He needs time out, time away from NUFC when he hangs up his boots. I'd much prefer him to take a coaching role somewhere and work his way up....

Then he can return to us in a few years time much more prepared for the task.... then hopefully it will work out, at least he'd be better prepared with the skills and experience to take the job on.

I mean in any other career, would a top management role be given to a complete novice? NO of course not.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong :angry:

63278[/snapback]

I don't see Shearer as the type to start at a lowly club though. I think if he wants to be a manager, he'll want to be straight in the big-time.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  ;)

63278[/snapback]

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, Dalglish did alright in similarish circumstances.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  ;)

63278[/snapback]

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, Dalglish did alright in similarish circumstances.

63283[/snapback]

But didn't Dalglish simply maintain the high success of the Paisley/Fagan era, and then quit as the inertia of that success ran out ?

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

yeah and you could say stuart pearce is too.......but think how many more clubs have been tempted to do this and got it wrong?

Not that i care about other clubs, all i care about is whats right for us and BigAl right now. Im starting to feel sick at the very thought of it.

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

But didn't Dalglish simply maintain the high success of the Paisley/Fagan era, and then quit as the inertia of that success ran out ?

63284[/snapback]

I was about to mention that. I don't know my Liverpool history that well, but didn't Dalglish take over a team on the up, whereas we're very much on the way down.

Again to be devils advocate Daglish had one of the games most successful managers alongside him as a mentor.

I actually dont believe Shepherd subscribes to this Geordie nation crap. I think he says it because he thinks thats what we want to hear. Shearer in charge would be a mistake imo.

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63284[/snapback]

I was about to mention that. I don't know my Liverpool history that well, but didn't Dalglish take over a team on the up, whereas we're very much on the way down.

63286[/snapback]

Don't know about 'on the up' but they were the best team in the country and while he inherited a fantastic side, he made some questionable signings (David Speedie springs to mind).