The official "Souness out" thread

Jimbo

I want GS out, infact i never wanted him 'in'  He's an average manager at best , nothing special with practically no man management skills. always thought it and i'll never change my mind.

But do we really want Shearer to take over yet? I adore Shearer, he's a legend, infact, my absolute hero and because of this i dont want him to take over such a massive job with no real experience....i cant bear to think of the consequences if it all went wrong  :angry:  So though my heart would love to see BigAl at the helm my head says no, not yet.

63264[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. He's my hero too, and I'm already starting to not like him after his performances this season. If he fails as a manager (which he will, seeing that we're Newcastle) then he'll no doubt lose his legend status, and I'd hate for that to happen.

63267[/snapback]

Exactly :angry:

He's too 'close' too involved at the moment. He needs time out, time away from NUFC when he hangs up his boots. I'd much prefer him to take a coaching role somewhere and work his way up....

Then he can return to us in a few years time much more prepared for the task.... then hopefully it will work out, at least he'd be better prepared with the skills and experience to take the job on.

I mean in any other career, would a top management role be given to a complete novice? NO of course not.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong ;)

63278[/snapback]

I don't see Shearer as the type to start at a lowly club though. I think if he wants to be a manager, he'll want to be straight in the big-time.

63282[/snapback]

Possibly, but i dont necessarily mean conference or a league 2 club....perhaps a championship side or even scottish? Though i wouldnt mind the sight of seeing BigAl in the Torquay united dug out every week ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean in any other career, would a top management role be given to a complete novice? NO of course not.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  ;)

63278[/snapback]

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, Dalglish did alright in similarish circumstances.

63283[/snapback]

I guess it could be argued that Keegan did as well...

What we don't need is for him to go today and us have no one lined up to replace him.

He's shite and all of our fears of just over a year ago a coming true but without a plan for his replacement fat boy could quite easily end up making the same mistake again.

I'm not saying stick with him until the end of the season because I don't think I could stand him here for that long but I when he goes I want to see the new manager here almost immediately.

If it has to be Shearer (who I think would be the wrong choice at this stage but still an improvement on where we are now) it must be with the provision that he has to bring in some quality coaches not just some of his mates.

We all know what will happen though.

Fat Fred has to take his British manager obsession and stick it up his big hairy arse. He needs to forget getting his fingers burned off Gullit and show some balls. Go for the best candidate, not the most available British one.

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  :angry:

63278[/snapback]

Playing Devil's advocate for a second, Dalglish did alright in similarish circumstances.

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  :(

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

63300[/snapback]

That was my point :unsure:

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  :unsure:

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

But didn't Dalglish simply maintain the high success of the Paisley/Fagan era, and then quit as the inertia of that success ran out ?

63284[/snapback]

I think Fagan had had a "fallow" season which prompted him to step down but in general they were still the top boys.

Its also true he still had Paisley/Fagan/Evans to "assist".

from football365.com

Toon fans demand Souness removal

An estimated 6,000 Newcastle fans stayed in their seats at Wigan after watching their team's embarrassing exit from the Carling Cup to demand the removal of manager Graeme Souness.

The Toon's fitful season reached its nadir at the JJB Stadium as a weakened Wigan beat a Newcastle side who were flattered to only lose by a single goal, a penalty by David Connolly.

'Graeme Souness's future as Newcastle manager appears increasingly precarious after his £50m team of lavishly paid internationals were knocked out of the Carling Cup by a Wigan side made up of fringe players and reserves,' reports The Guardian.

But the most telling reaction was that of the travelling Toon supporters, the majority of which refused to leave at the final whistle before making clear their discontent. 'Souness out' was one of the few chants F365 can print without the use of asterisks.

'After 36 years of fruitless searching for silverware, Newcastle United's supporters have become used to feeling angry and depressed about letdowns. Few, though, have caused as much anger as this one,' noted The Independent.

'Newcastle looked devoid of ideas and, more alarmingly for their supporters and manager, passion,' the newspaper added after Wigan comprehensively outplayed their supposedly more illustrious opponents.

"It was a 1-0 hammering," commented Wigan's manager Paul Jewell.

"We were the best team from start to finish and played exceptionally well. I think we had 19 attempts on goal, that's the only disappointing thing that we didn't win the game by four or five goals. It should have been over at half-time but it's great to get a victory against a so-called top Newcastle side."

'So-called' indeed.

The abject, listless manner of Toon's defeat was made all the more unforgivable by the general belief that the Carling Cup represented the club's best chance this season of landing a piece of silverware for the first time in almost forty years.

A disillusioned Souness offered no excuses afterwards.

"This is the most angry I've been as Newcastle manager," Souness said afterwards. "Six or seven thousand people have travelled from Tyneside tonight to watch a game of football in which they thought we had a great chance of going through. We didn't do it for them.

"The one thing players should be able to guarantee is they will give 100 per cent every time they go out there, but in the first half we didn’t give that. The best team won, the best team should have won by half-time. Every single person who travelled from Tyneside tonight we have let down. I understand the fans’ reaction and can’t complain."

Souness will be sacked after we get beat on Saturday. Does anyone know the odds on this as it's definitely worth a flutter.

From the start i said i would give him until xmas, well it's almost here and were still in the shit so do the decent thing and resign as it's obvious the players don't want you and the fans don't either so fuck off and take your shadow (saunders) and the other cling on's with you.

Best thing to come out of Souness's reign as manager - heated seats in the dugout although they seem to have made the innjuries worse. Saying that i have a feeling quite a few players will start making miraclous recoveries once he fucks off.

Ladbrokes 9/2

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I dont want him or us to go through what im sure will go predictably, horribly wrong  :(

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

63300[/snapback]

63305[/snapback]

I know :(

To be fair, the reason so many stayed behind is because Wigan's piss poor Meccano 'stadium' doesn't cope very well when more than 3 people want to exit it. Plus, we wanted to applaud the last man off who was the only one worthy to wear the shirt last night. Take a bow Seamus.

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

63300[/snapback]

63305[/snapback]

63319[/snapback]

But surely Keegan did in fact start his managerial career outside the Premiership? :(

So long as Shepherd is at the helm, I think it'll be Shearer...

Seriously think Le Guen & Hitzfeld are out of our reach.

But he HAS to go!

I'd love to see Stuart Pearce here but that's not gonna happen

63250[/snapback]

Hitzfeld would be the obvious choice, but he's not a geordie so the fat one won't go for him.

I blame Terry Mac.

Stuart Pearce is doing a good job for Citeh...aren't they his first club?

(caretaker spell at Forest for like 6 months aside)

63338[/snapback]

Stuart Pearce wasn't a legend at City before he took over though, whereas Shearer obviously is here. That's my one worry. It would be like Bryan Robson taking over at Man United and failing miserably.

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

63300[/snapback]

63305[/snapback]

63319[/snapback]

But surely Keegan did in fact start his managerial career outside the Premiership? :(

63336[/snapback]

So did Daglish :(

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like ;)

63300[/snapback]

63305[/snapback]

63319[/snapback]

63336[/snapback]

63346[/snapback]

So did Jose Mourinho !

63278[/snapback]

63283[/snapback]

63296[/snapback]

Keegan did ok like :(

63300[/snapback]

63305[/snapback]

63319[/snapback]

63336[/snapback]

63346[/snapback]

So did Jose Mourinho !

63358[/snapback]

Didn't realise his first job was at Chelsea though? ;)

Appointing Shearer as Souness' succesor could be a catastrophe. He's a gamble. If he turns to be a good manager than it's alreet, but if he fails, than Championship footbal could be a real threat. Most of the fans would never turn against him, because of his god status. I mean there are some blind morons who still support Souness, like that Obi bloke on N-O, who slags off everyone who wants Souness out, and there would be thousands of Obis in Shearer case.

... this isnt even a case where you can say 'give him a chance, players have been injured'!

I think he has a few games in hand before he gets the sack - for some reason I dont think he will be sacked, something tells me he will get a full season with Newcastle. For the reason that he has brought players in and is getting his summer transfer list ready - if that means anything though!

Anyway, he hasnt really shown tactical awarness that would be a sign of things to come. He cant make substitutions and turn games around and he doesnt know how to use Parker to his strenghts.

Replacement? Perhaps our old boss CR? He might not win you the PL, but he will surely deliver a top 6 finish.

... this isnt even a case where you can say 'give him a chance, players have been injured'!

I think he has a few games in hand before he gets the sack - for some reason I dont think he will be sacked, something tells me he will get a full season with Newcastle. For the reason that he has brought players in and is getting his summer transfer list ready - if that means anything though!

Anyway, he hasnt really shown tactical awarness that would be a sign of things to come. He cant make substitutions and turn games around and he doesnt know how to use Parker to his strenghts.

Replacement? Perhaps our old boss CR? He might not win you the PL, but he will surely deliver a top 6 finish.

63382[/snapback]

While you're around Yogic, do you think this document is legit or fake?

http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Chels..._19-11-2005.pdf

Thats fake. Its on the Chelsea forums aswell. Its a definate fake.

63385[/snapback]

In that case, have you any idea who wrote it cos we could do with him as manager.

63402[/snapback]

Obi? :unsure:

63382[/snapback]

I hopr your wrong are we'll be relegated, the players don't want to know him