The official "Souness out" thread

Jimbo

For Hitzfeld I say again that he most likely won't take a job until after the World Cup. I still think that Newcastle would stand a decent chance as long as the ManUre job isn't up for grabs.

My sensible scenario would be the following (if only I were in charge). Hitzfeld's long term assistant Michael Henke just got sacked at his first job where he was in charge of a team. Offer Hitzfeld to take over at the end of the season and so long stay in a general director role. Let his assistant take over the training alongside and the likes of Shearer and Roeder...

Anyway, I think there are more sensible options. After the end of the World Cup qualifications managers like Morten Olsen are probably available, who I think could do a good job as well... and many more decent managers if you look beyond the river bank of the Tyne...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guus Hiddink should be approached as well. I read an interview with him some time ago where he said that he wanted to manage in England at some stage.

63553[/snapback]

He'd be my number one choice.

Guus Hiddink should be approached as well. I read an interview with him some time ago where he said that he wanted to manage in England at some stage.

63553[/snapback]

He'd be my number one choice.

63554[/snapback]

Yep, I probably take him ahead of Hitzfeld as well, he is more forward thinking, though Hitzfeld is probably better getting the best out of his players of a short period of time.

What is Hiddink's contract situation with the aussies? Is it a part-time role?

63561[/snapback]

Part time, he's still PSV coach.

What is Hiddink's contract situation with the aussies? Is it a part-time role?

63561[/snapback]

Initially it was up to the qualifiers with a retainer if they qualified.

Since qualifying it is still part-time/shared him with PSV but he has been given funds to hire more coaches/advisers/staff who will be full-time for the Australian team.

Supposedly getting Australia through the qualifiers earnt him a A$1m bonus plus additional funds for staff of around A$5-6m.

And if he can get the team to the round of 16 he's been promised Tasmania!

Edited by sammynb

Owen, Emre, Dyer, Taylor, Bramble, Ameobi, Moore, Babayaro, Carr and possibly Parker are all injured (he's doubtful for Saturday according to .com). What a joke.

63624[/snapback]

Rumour is that he's done his hamstring similar to Owen...

:unsure:

Owen, Emre, Dyer, Taylor, Bramble, Ameobi, Moore, Babayaro, Carr and possibly Parker are all injured (he's doubtful for Saturday according to .com). What a joke.

63624[/snapback]

63627[/snapback]

Thought Owen was struggling with a groin injury, not hamstring.

Or do you mean he's malingering like Owen?

63624[/snapback]

63627[/snapback]

FFS, I hope that's not true. We're cursed...

63624[/snapback]

well that sort of fucks the Toons adverts for tickets then... the quote on the ad is

"come see Owen, Shearer, Emre and Parker on Saturday when the Toon take on Aston Villa"

so that should be reworded to ...

"come see an ageing old bloke whos a shadow of his former self".

Life just gets better by the minute. :unsure:

One of the things that gets me most about the whole situation is the way Shearer seems to rapidly be losing his rightful status as a club legend. A couple of years ago we were saying what a shame it would be if he didn't end his career here with a trophy - today I'm afraid we would all be happy for him to retire now so that people will at least remember him in a positive way, never mind winning a trophy...

If only he had stuck to his decision last season :unsure:

One of the things that gets me most about the whole situation is the way Shearer seems to rapidly be losing his rightful status as a club legend. A couple of years ago we were saying what a shame it would be if he didn't end his career here with a trophy - today I'm afraid we would all be happy for him to retire now so that people will at least remember him in a positive way, never mind winning a trophy...

If only he had stuck to his decision last season  :unsure:

63632[/snapback]

exactly, as someone said yesterday, I dont want him to become manager cos if he fails then thats what he'll be remembered for. As far as Im concerned bow out gracefully and keep that status he so rightly earned.

And if he can get the team to the round of 16 he's been promised Tasmania!

And if they get to the quarter-finals, he gets to give it back again...

63623[/snapback]

Did you know Meenzer it is still illegal in Tasmania to have anal sex (doesn't matter if you're hetro or homo) so maybe letting Aussie Gus have it could be a good thing.

Fuck if he can get Australia to the final then he gets my vote for King.

63624[/snapback]

63627[/snapback]

63628[/snapback]

I meant groin....

Fingers crossed its a pile of shit but knowing our luck, it won't be...

Do all these injuries matter anyway? We have nothing to play for, even with a full strength team we play shite.

63649[/snapback]

True, and I'm not using them to make excuses for Souness either. They're just so incredibly frustrating though and they help no-one.

63624[/snapback]

63627[/snapback]

63628[/snapback]

I meant groin....

Fingers crossed its a pile of shit but knowing our luck, it won't be...

63647[/snapback]

He's had trouble with his groin before this season, hasn't he? He was struggling with a groin injury during the last international break. I wouldn't be surprised if it's true. When will it stop?

I reckon he'll be here til the end of the season with Shearer taking over, unless Shepherd can talk Shearer into taking over before then.

63259[/snapback]

Agree.

Were we really, REALLY a club with designs on moving up from 5th position in the league before Souness walked through the door .....

I want GS out, infact i never wanted him 'in'  He's an average manager at best , nothing special with practically no man management skills. always thought it and i'll never change my mind.

But do we really want Shearer to take over yet? I adore Shearer, he's a legend, infact, my absolute hero and because of this i dont want him to take over such a massive job with no real experience....i cant bear to think of the consequences if it all went wrong  :unsure:  So though my heart would love to see BigAl at the helm my head says no, not yet.

63264[/snapback]

not having a replacement to replace the wrong man, is no reason for keeping the wrong man

Fat Fred has to take his British manager obsession and stick it up his big hairy arse. He needs to forget getting his fingers burned off Gullit and show some balls. Go for the best candidate, not the most available British one.

63299[/snapback]

first hand info like :unsure: