Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough one because they look decent in possession and put some decent stuff together but it never materializes into anything. They keep rattling on about their results against the bigger teams but Arsenal should have beat them, a weak Man United should have beat them and fuck knows how they had the luck to beat Man City.

Keep Bent under control and we should have enough to beat them.

2 wins in their last 32 away games, 1 jammy win in the last 8 league matches, with form like that you've got to wonder how they are being so cocky.

We rode out luck against Arsenal at times but could have been 2-0 up by half time. How we didn't beat United is beyond me, we couldn't have got anymore unlucky if we tried. And against City we played them off the park for at least 45 minutes and more than deserved the last minute winner, although we got super, super lucky with Tevez's miss. ;)

I'm expecting a positive result against Villa tomorrow too...

And as the saying goes, form goes out of the window in derby games, so those stats mean nothing really do they? :lol:

You seem a sensible and reasonable sort (despite your obvious flaw) but some of your mates on Ready to Go astound. Some good posters on there when i take a sneak peak but also some complete and utter tools without any sense of self awareness or irony. That we get some knackas on Newcastle boards I wouldn't argue for a second. I play football with mackems, go for a pint with some and would call the odd one a mate. I'm not being an arse here (at least not intentionally!).

Sunday is a tough game and one we could easily lose - we could also easily win it as well. For me we have the better individual players, Sunderland the better defence. Where some of the mackem's shoutier (new word alert) confidence about humping us comes from I'm not sure. Sunderland's away form is awful and they are almost comically reliant on Darren Bent to score goals. If Sunderland were playing Wolves the pre match instructions from McCarthy to Karl Henry wouldn't require huge amounts of cynicism to imagine.

Thru my biased eyes the MOTD highlights seemed to suggest the mackems used up two games worth of good fortune yesterday - here is hoping from the bottom of my twisted black and white heart. :lol:

2-1 to the North East's biggest club (and don't mackem's know that better than us - it eats the dafter ones constantly)

Guest Tuco Ramirez
It's a tough one because they look decent in possession and put some decent stuff together but it never materializes into anything. They keep rattling on about their results against the bigger teams but Arsenal should have beat them, a weak Man United should have beat them and fuck knows how they had the luck to beat Man City.

2 wins in their last 32 away games, 1 jammy win in the last 8 league matches, with form like that you've got to wonder how they are being so cocky.

We rode out luck against Arsenal at times but could have been 2-0 up by half time. How we didn't beat United is beyond me, we couldn't have got anymore unlucky if we tried. And against City we played them off the park for at least 45 minutes and more than deserved the last minute winner, although we got super, super lucky with Tevez's miss. ;)

And as the saying goes, form goes out of the window in derby games, so those stats mean nothing really do they? :lol:

The last mackem I heard say they're a bigger club than us was on North East Tonight when we signed Bracewell "hea's wunt frum uv beegur cloob tiv are smarrla cloob", I think most of them acknowledge we're the bigger club, and we are by far, but at the same time all of them to a man think they're head and shoulders better than us on the pitch. I think they're better than us I'll be honest, but we'll still win 2-0 cos we're the toon and they're the mackems.

You seem a sensible and reasonable sort (despite your obvious flaw) but some of your mates on Ready to Go astound. Some good posters on there when i take a sneak peak but also some complete and utter tools without any sense of self awareness or irony. That we get some knackas on Newcastle boards I wouldn't argue for a second. I play football with mackems, go for a pint with some and would call the odd one a mate. I'm not being an arse here (at least not intentionally!).

Sunday is a tough game and one we could easily lose - we could also easily win it as well. For me we have the better individual players, Sunderland the better defence. Where some of the mackem's shoutier (new word alert) confidence about humping us comes from I'm not sure. Sunderland's away form is awful and they are almost comically reliant on Darren Bent to score goals. If Sunderland were playing Wolves the pre match instructions from McCarthy to Karl Henry wouldn't require huge amounts of cynicism to imagine.

Thru my biased eyes the MOTD highlights seemed to suggest the mackems used up two games worth of good fortune yesterday - here is hoping from the bottom of my twisted black and white heart. :lol:

2-1 to the North East's biggest club (and don't mackem's know that better than us - it eats the dafter ones constantly)

Guest Tuco Ramirez

The last mackem I heard say they're a bigger club than us was on North East Tonight when we signed Bracewell "hea's wunt frum uv beegur cloob tiv are smarrla cloob", I think most of them acknowledge we're the bigger club, and we are by far, but at the same time all of them to a man think they're head and shoulders better than us on the pitch. I think they're better than us I'll be honest, but we'll still win 2-0 cos we're the toon and they're the mackems.

I simply can not wait, shame it's not a 4pmer though, proper derby, the proper derby of this country.

PS thought the old firm game atmosphere was wank today.

I think they're better than us I'll be honest, but we'll still win 2-0 cos we're the toon and they're the mackems.

;):lol:

Doesn't matter how much they spend or the quality of the players on the pitch they are never EVER better than us!

:lol:

I think they're better than us I'll be honest, but we'll still win 2-0 cos we're the toon and they're the mackems.

Bring it on !!!! I know yers cant spell boycoute properly ...so heres one ...spell DELUDED TWATS !!!!

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Bring it on !!!! I know yers cant spell boycoute properly ...so heres one ...spell DELUDED TWATS !!!!

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

Come back when it costs more than a 10a to get in your ground you inbred funt. You know as well as I do your players could well shit themselves at SJP. Cattermole nailed on sent off.

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

Come back when it costs more than a 10a to get in your ground you inbred funt. You know as well as I do your players could well shit themselves at SJP. Cattermole nailed on sent off.

You just had to give him the satisfaction of a bite, didn't you? :lol:

Guest Tuco Ramirez

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

You just had to give him the satisfaction of a bite, didn't you? :lol:

I would've given the same welcome if he was looking for one or not.

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

... but you can't spell howay? or you?

Fuck off troglodyte, go and have a wash.

HAWAY THE LADS !!!!!!!!!

Deluded Twats. There.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
And then of course next Sunday, the lumpen-proles from down the road travel from the regional shit-hole to the regional capital. The slack-jawed dullards have been getting mighty giddy about their elevated status over the last few seasons on the back of Hedge Fund yank Ellis Short and his gobshite puppet Niall “if he’s not dying his hair I’ll show my big white spotty Geordie arse in Fenwick’s window“) Quinn. Any of you who come into contact with the Village of the Damned fatties know they are looking to not only beat us at SJP but actually take 6 points from us this season. They are in confident, if not bullish mood and travel north (well some of them, most of their players live in Newcastle-Gateshead as they couldn’t bear to live in Albania-on-Wear amongst the great unwashed) fully expectant to give us a pasting. For the first time in living memory we are the underdogs in a local derby. We have to deal with our reduced status under Ashley but playing second fiddle to the Mackem mediocrities shouldn’t be something to be allowed to last for long. We are underdogs because of the money invested in players down the road and due to the catastrophic mismanagement of the club from Hall-Shepherd now to Ashley. Off the park, Quinn must look north to SJP, clock our attendances and the loyalty that exists to our just and righteous cause and wonder why the Wearside public won’t give him and Short the kind of support they gave Reid and Murray ten years ago. It is a genuinely bewildering position. It was ever thus.

There will be a special Barrack Road welcome awaiting Steve Bruce. The marshmallow man and fat headed prick has taken the Mackem shilling and sold his soul to the Red & White devil. There has always been something of the creep about Bruce - the tedious, if now previous, proclamations of Geordie-ness and the unbearable scenty-bottle twang that shames his background on the Wallsend/Walker border spell out loud and clear exactly what this bad phoney has become. The job-hopper will be at the Village of the Damned as long as it suits his motives for career development but at the first whiff of something he imagines is better, he’ll be off whilst the average (very average) low-browed Mackem will scream for his Mag head (some head) on the back of two losses. It is an uneasy relationship between club and manager - a careerist at the home of his first tribe’s fiercest foes barely tolerated by a support with a famously small-time view of the world. Altogether now .. “Stevie Bruce has got a very large head, has got a very large head” (repeat to fade).

For Bruce read Bramble. To be fair to Bramble he’s so fucking thick he probably doesn’t know who his team is playing from one week to the next and the lump cannot be relied upon to recognise his surroundings next week. A special welcome awaits that knacka too.

I’m sure most Mags would agree with me when I implore the manager, staff and players to give absolutely everything on the pitch next Sunday. To leave nothing in the dressing room. We are the underdogs now, Sunderland are framing themselves as the NE’s top club with some justification, their fat fans believe they are better than us, follow a better club and that the balance of power, so long on the Tyne, has swung to the Wear. They believe this coming derby affords them the opportunity to emphasise that superiority and they dream of little more than rubbing our faces in it, after years of humiliation rained down on them by their famous neighbours up the road in the big city. Our European adventures have given us the perspective on this provincial dispute and our cosmopolitan, European city has this game in proportion but one thing is certain, we want to win and SJP, our only, our historic home will roar that desire from every nook and cranny, man and woman, young and old this coming Sunday.

Come on United!

Keep On, Keepin’ On …

Whoever wrote this comes across as being worried. I'm not worried, I go in to this game positive we'll get a result. Yes it's a derby atmopshere but it's usually a derby atmosphere dominated by us. Look at that 2-0 game in 2008, Sunderland's support was quieter than Wigan's. The fact is Sunderland won't play in front of an atmosphere away from home like the one they'll get next Sunday, it completely changes the dimensions of the game we'll be baying for blood, and the only time I will get nervous or worry is in the unlikely event we go a goal down. If our crowd is nervous it will effect the team, go in with quiet confidence and I'm sure we'll get something.

The difference on the pitch is minimal - the greatest difference in teams in is the prices paid. Their strikeforce came to nearly £30m - with Bent's clauses he seems to have obviously filled, plus they have spent a lot in the last 5 years.

We have done it on a budget but I don't think there's much difference to be honest. They can only win when they have remarkable luck, i.e Tevez missing a sitter, Aston Villa somehow not converting their chances or getting a penalty. They seem quite happy to cling on to draws otherwise. Drawing with a shite Man Utd and coming out of it like they are Real Madrid.

They seem confident of putting three or four past us, but who have they put three or four past? Bent has 5 goals (3 penaltys) and is basically their team - to summarise - Nolan has 4 (one penalty) i.e more goals in open play. They can draw with big teams but can't beat West Brom or Birmingham or a ten man Blackburn.

This result is for the taking and I expect Sunderland to be shitting themselves.

Even after the De Jong controversy I wouldn't mind seeing Tiote crush Bent's soul if he avoided a card ;)

Sunderland scorers : Bent (7) and Gyan. (1)

Newcastle scorers : Carroll (5), Ameobi (4), Nolan (4), Taylor (2), Barton, Ben Arfa, Collocini, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands and Ranger all have one each.

(the following includes the league cup)

The difference on the pitch is minimal - the greatest difference in teams in is the prices paid. Their strikeforce came to nearly £30m - with Bent's clauses he seems to have obviously filled, plus they have spent a lot in the last 5 years.

We have done it on a budget but I don't think there's much difference to be honest. They can only win when they have remarkable luck, i.e Tevez missing a sitter, Aston Villa somehow not converting their chances or getting a penalty. They seem quite happy to cling on to draws otherwise. Drawing with a shite Man Utd and coming out of it like they are Real Madrid.

They seem confident of putting three or four past us, but who have they put three or four past? Bent has 5 goals (3 penaltys) and is basically their team - to summarise - Nolan has 4 (one penalty) i.e more goals in open play. They can draw with big teams but can't beat West Brom or Birmingham or a ten man Blackburn.

This result is for the taking and I expect Sunderland to be shitting themselves.

Even after the De Jong controversy I wouldn't mind seeing Tiote crush Bent's soul if he avoided a card ;)

Sunderland scorers : Bent (7) and Gyan. (1)

Newcastle scorers : Carroll (5), Ameobi (4), Nolan (4), Taylor (2), Barton, Ben Arfa, Collocini, Gutierrez, Lovenkrands and Ranger all have one each.

(the following includes the league cup)

Dear me Thomas.....

They really (on RTG for the most part. I've been peeking) are confident about doing us aren't they? I mean REALLY doing us in.

They could win of course but an absolute HAMMERING? When was the last time they hammered anyone?

So much overconfidence. I really hope we pop that bubble big style.

Couldn't care less what they're saying elsewhere. Noticable that very few have posted on here to big up their chances which suggests to me they aren't as confident as they were last time around.

In esscence our players need to treat it as just another game. I can see it ending up as a 1-1 draw if I'm honest.

Couldn't care less what they're saying elsewhere. Noticable that very few have posted on here to big up their chances which suggests to me they aren't as confident as they were last time around.

In esscence our players need to treat it as just another game. I can see it ending up as a 1-1 draw if I'm honest.

Has any fan ever been confident for a derby (especially an away derby)? I think deep down you're always thinking of the worst. Most of the lads I know and most of the SMB will take a draw on Sunday. Ignoring the fact it's a derby, it's an away game, draw your away games and win your home games. I'll take a draw now if you offered it, but that's not to say we couldn't still snatch it.

Despite not scoring a ton of goals this season, we're creating a lot of really clean cut chances. The penalties that Bent has scored this season came from him being brought down in front of goal, he would have scored them anyway if he wasn't wiped out. The Man City game being the best example of that, about to shoot and rugby tackled by Richards.

If we take the game to you in the first 20 minutes I'll be feeling a lot more confident. We need to silence your lot and build up the nerves around St. James'. An anxious crowd in a derby isn't great. With Steed, Elmo, Welbeck and Bent we have more than enough to cause you problems going forward.

If they can't create something in an hour or so then there's always our £13m striker to hoy on. ;)

(I'd be worried if they couldn't create anything against your defence in that time though!)

If we take the game to you in the first 20 minutes I'll be feeling a lot more confident. We need to silence your lot and build up the nerves around St. James'. An anxious crowd in a derby isn't great. With Steed, Elmo, Welbeck and Bent we have more than enough to cause you problems going forward.

Oddly enough, and almost frustratingly so, having the game taken to us in the early stages seems to elicit the best response from our players. We're a long way different in attitude to the 2008 side that was prone to turning off and giving up in matches.

Has any fan ever been confident for a derby (especially an away derby)? I think deep down you're always thinking of the worst. Most of the lads I know and most of the SMB will take a draw on Sunday. Ignoring the fact it's a derby, it's an away game, draw your away games and win your home games. I'll take a draw now if you offered it, but that's not to say we couldn't still snatch it.

They way you lot were going on last time around, aye you were....