Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labels: Aaaaaal'bat Luque Wrapped it Up, Lenny Lawrence Fancies Liam o'Brien Over the Wall, Liam o'Brien, Mackems, Stadium of Copyright Infringement, The Derby, They Get a Wash in the River, Third World

:D

Hard to believe the mackems don't find this cringeworthy in the slightest. :D

Nowhere near as funny as his post match anaylsis with Gary Rowell after our 4-1 win at El Stadio del Shite. I'd have put a link but the nufc.com link to it has been removed by SAFC. Two mackems, punch drunk after a battering and in complete meltdown with a microphone to blabber into. Funny as fuck.

Hard to believe the mackems don't find this cringeworthy in the slightest. :D

Nowhere near as funny as his post match anaylsis with Gary Rowell after our 4-1 win at El Stadio del Shite. I'd have put a link but the nufc.com link to it has been removed by SAFC. Two mackems, punch drunk after a battering and in complete meltdown with a microphone to blabber into. Funny as fuck.

There was an mp3 on the web of the whole match commentary that you're referring to. It was hilarious.

Couldn't care less what they're saying elsewhere. Noticable that very few have posted on here to big up their chances which suggests to me they aren't as confident as they were last time around.

In esscence our players need to treat it as just another game. I can see it ending up as a 1-1 draw if I'm honest.

Has any fan ever been confident for a derby (especially an away derby)? I think deep down you're always thinking of the worst. Most of the lads I know and most of the SMB will take a draw on Sunday. Ignoring the fact it's a derby, it's an away game, draw your away games and win your home games. I'll take a draw now if you offered it, but that's not to say we couldn't still snatch it.

Despite not scoring a ton of goals this season, we're creating a lot of really clean cut chances. The penalties that Bent has scored this season came from him being brought down in front of goal, he would have scored them anyway if he wasn't wiped out. The Man City game being the best example of that, about to shoot and rugby tackled by Richards.

If we take the game to you in the first 20 minutes I'll be feeling a lot more confident. We need to silence your lot and build up the nerves around St. James'. An anxious crowd in a derby isn't great. With Steed, Elmo, Welbeck and Bent we have more than enough to cause you problems going forward.

If they can't create something in an hour or so then there's always our £13m striker to hoy on. :D

(I'd be worried if they couldn't create anything against your defence in that time though!)

I agree its hard to ever be totally confident in a derby match, and you can't enjoy it at all until it ends and you've got a result, unless its a rare occasion that you'e say 3 goals up and can relax. The most confident i've been was under Keegan, he was invincible in derbies as he understood more than any manager what they mean and he took away alot of the worry of those games!

For this one, it depends totally which Newcastle turn up, but i'm expecting a much better home effort than recently, a fired up Carroll on top form and Shola up along with him, and for some reason Shola does well in derby matches. I'm going for a tight win to us, maybe including a penalty as we haven't had many this season and its horrible to watch one in a derby match till it goes in!

Couldn't care less what they're saying elsewhere. Noticable that very few have posted on here to big up their chances which suggests to me they aren't as confident as they were last time around.

In esscence our players need to treat it as just another game. I can see it ending up as a 1-1 draw if I'm honest.

Has any fan ever been confident for a derby (especially an away derby)? I think deep down you're always thinking of the worst. Most of the lads I know and most of the SMB will take a draw on Sunday. Ignoring the fact it's a derby, it's an away game, draw your away games and win your home games. I'll take a draw now if you offered it, but that's not to say we couldn't still snatch it.

Despite not scoring a ton of goals this season, we're creating a lot of really clean cut chances. The penalties that Bent has scored this season came from him being brought down in front of goal, he would have scored them anyway if he wasn't wiped out. The Man City game being the best example of that, about to shoot and rugby tackled by Richards.

If we take the game to you in the first 20 minutes I'll be feeling a lot more confident. We need to silence your lot and build up the nerves around St. James'. An anxious crowd in a derby isn't great. With Steed, Elmo, Welbeck and Bent we have more than enough to cause you problems going forward.

If they can't create something in an hour or so then there's always our £13m striker to hoy on. :D

(I'd be worried if they couldn't create anything against your defence in that time though!)

I agree its hard to ever be totally confident in a derby match, and you can't enjoy it at all until it ends and you've got a result, unless its a rare occasion that you'e say 3 goals up and can relax. The most confident i've been was under Keegan, he was invincible in derbies as he understood more than any manager what they mean and he took away alot of the worry of those games!

For this one, it depends totally which Newcastle turn up, but i'm expecting a much better home effort than recently, a fired up Carroll on top form and Shola up along with him, and for some reason Shola does well in derby matches. I'm going for a tight win to us, maybe including a penalty as we haven't had many this season and its horrible to watch one in a derby match till it goes in!

Especially with Shola casually sauntering up to take them(even though he has a superb record).

Some of the Scumberland followers craic so far this week defies belief like, you'd have thought they'd have improved somewhat over the past year or so but sadly they've actually taken 5 steps back.

Even with an improved side their view of football is still infinitely third world at best.

I didn't realise we'd scored twice as many goals as them in the league this season :D

Mackem at work was telling me 0-3 this morning. I asked him when the last time that they scored three in a game was, he couldn't tell me

edit: just checked and it was April :rimshot:

Another edit: They haven't done it away from home this year.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark