Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Put it this way James I think we have a 10 times better chance of beating Sunderland than I did of beating Villa. I think there'll be a really, really mad score in this game, just a feeling, 6-1, 4-3, 1-2, I just have a feeling it's going to be a mad old day. OB should've made it 4pm it would've been even better.

Yet I can see it being a 0-0 or a goal either way. ;)

3 days and counting, then we'll see. :razz:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hardly, I said you've got good players but alluded to the fact that your team hasn't got a lot of goals in it. I think it'll be a draw on Sunday. Either side could win it though, and lets face it you lot winning at our place is hardly uncommon. Think I've seen it 3 times myself.

Didn't really mean you personally like, just seems the general consensus in this thread. Strange surge of confidence from you lot. ;)

Don't see why we shouldnt be confident, we're at home and you've failed to beat Liverpool,Wigan,West Ham (you were at home too, theyre fuckin shit mate :razz: ) and Blackburn. Yes youve had some decent results too. But fuck all to be scared of to be honest.

Edited by PaddockLad

Well hardly, I said you've got good players but alluded to the fact that your team hasn't got a lot of goals in it. I think it'll be a draw on Sunday. Either side could win it though, and lets face it you lot winning at our place is hardly uncommon. Think I've seen it 3 times myself.

Didn't really mean you personally like, just seems the general consensus in this thread. Strange surge of confidence from you lot. ;)

Don't see why we shouldnt be confident, we're at home and you've failed to beat Liverpool,Wigan,West Ham (you were at home too, theyre fuckin shit mate :razz: ) and Blackburn. Yes youve had some decent results too. But fuck all to be scared of to be honest.

I'll be gutted if we don't win. The thing about Sunderland too is they don't really create many chances, we do, well we certainly have done away. I can't even look at the game from a Sunderland perspective, when I do I imagine myself eating potnoodles and drinking cans of ace sitting in my we beat the scum 2-1 t shirt, next door are shouting and it sounds like a woman's being hit, there's a bairn crying, and a blokes shouting at her for not paying the rent, back in the sitting room watching videos of the good old days of Sewpa Kev scoring against Chelsea when they were 4-0 up at half time. Even then if I was a mackem I'd still be nervous, I don't know where their arrogance about this game comes from. In the grand scheme of things they've beaten us four times in thirty year home and away, why the fuck should we not expect to win? As I said earlier, they're Sunderland, we're the toon.

I'll be gutted if we don't win. The thing about Sunderland too is they don't really create many chances, we do, well we certainly have done away. I can't even look at the game from a Sunderland perspective, when I do I imagine myself eating potnoodles and drinking cans of ace sitting in my we beat the scum 2-1 t shirt, next door are shouting and it sounds like a woman's being hit, there's a bairn crying, and a blokes shouting at her for not paying the rent, back in the sitting room watching videos of the good old days of Sewpa Kev scoring against Chelsea when they were 4-0 up at half time. Even then if I was a mackem I'd still be nervous, I don't know where their arrogance about this game comes from. In the grand scheme of things they've beaten us four times in thirty year home and away, why the fuck should we not expect to win? As I said earlier, they're Sunderland, we're the toon.

Carrol doing the rounds?

They are shit away and we are shit at home. Actually, neither team have much to shout about tbf. They rely on Bent and own goals and have kept a few clean sheets. I'm going for 1-1 with us scoring both ;)

Bramble v Carroll is going to be quality, hopefully the dopey one trips up on his cock, or makes some catastrophic error early doors that wastes his confidence. The likes of Jordan Henderson might crumble, if I was fat head I wouldn't start him and Cattermole together, I think there's a good chance Barton v Cattermole could result in reds as well.

Not sure why you lot seem so confident. You're making it seem that we're shit, far from it, and we'll be the best opposition you've played at home this year if you ignore last night in the cup. Should be a cracking game, can't wait.

Aston Villa are a far better team than Sunderland and to be honest I would probably say Stoke are better too.

Carrol doing the rounds?

slap.jpg

Not sure why you lot seem so confident. You're making it seem that we're shit, far from it, and we'll be the best opposition you've played at home this year if you ignore last night in the cup. Should be a cracking game, can't wait.

Aston Villa are a far better team than Sunderland and to be honest I would probably say Stoke are better too.

Stoke? Really?

And you hit Villa at the best time possible. We beat them at the weekend too like. ;)

Not sure where all this 'we dont create chances' bollocks from. If our midfield could finish we would have turned over United and Arsenal. We're creating a lot of chances just not putting them away, Completely different to not creating anything. Create enough chances and you'll eventually score one, hopefully we chip in with that odd midfield goal at the weekend.

Thing is Tom, only Stevie is really giving it the big one in this thread but thats because thats what Stevie does, most people are fairly circumspect about the whole thing. I think we all know deep down that this is a massive derby and we all really want to win it.

Even if only a minority in this thread are bullish, they are right. Sunderland are not quite Everton or Villa and we have beaten both of the frequently 6th/7th placed teams home and away showing us all that on our day, we can play good football. If we are going to survive in this league we have to pick up points from these games. Sunderland up untill last season were equivalent to fulham and blackburn, both teams coming up at home in the next few weeks and ones we will be looking to take points from. If Sunderland believe they have improved on that this season, to push them up from their 13th place, then their away record needs to improve, which has been shit for ages.

However, since they have only been beaten once this season and have 3 away draws out of 4 then a score draw looks the most likely result.

We'll see. Am flying up on saturday, the strike forecast is modertate with poor visibility. Fucking hell.

Edited by ChezGiven

Both teams' respective creative strengths/flanks have the potential to cancel each other out. Enrique is the most physically imposing fullback that Mohamady will face, certainly up to this stage of the campaign. The said winger earned alot of plaudits against Man City, but his opposition was a played out-of-position centrehalve in Lescott. In addition Mohamady touch on the ball seems heavy, they'd have one heck of a player if his close control rivalled his pace & ability to drop his shoulder [riding a challenge] into his man. Mohamady isn't going to physically overwhelm Enrique by dropping his shoulder & blowing past him, and heavy touches on the ball will be swallowed up Enrique.

You could could offer a similar argument re: Onuoha, with regards to any negating effect on Jonas' potential contribution and the said player is a top defensive prospect imo. And both widewen [Jonas & Mohamady] do track back, and offer a semblance of physical presence to compliment their workrate/defensive application.

Our biggest concern defensively is Henderson's passing range, his eye for a killer ball. And Bent is due for a goal from open play, and contrary to Ashleysskidmarks esteemed opinion the said player is far from being 'shit'. Collo and Williamson's collective weakness [as a central pairing] is still the piercing/direct ball through the middle. As such this derby could be the making of the young lad, in local folklore that is - before any sort of significance pertaining to his mooted in-demand status among the current top 4 is taken into consideration.

I'd be starting Campbell [ahead of Williamson] because: *he's still the best athlete of the three available centrehalves, and us such would dampen the aforementioned weakness that Collocini/Williamson both offer as a pairing. *and over a decade's worth of experience in heated derby games. We don't need 'stargazers' in the heart of the defense in this one, or somebody who might soak up the occasion too much & subsequently get rattled.

Henderson, despite his forward going endeavor, is still naive defensively and his workrate [or lack of] in the transition passing game is Sunderland's archille's heel in the engine room. Despite him showing so far that he is a very efficient & very good deep playing link-up man this is one game i'd expect [or hope for that is] Tiote to put in a more balanced performance between the boxes, with more forward runs. There's room behind Cattermole & Henderson to be exploited, it's there for the taking. Ben Arfa would've torn them shreds. It will be tight, this is Sunderlands best performed back four to visit in many seasons. With that said Tiote [any potential go-foward from him] and Nolan's propensity to be a fox-in-hole type of poacher are the keys to a one goal win.

Edited by Year Zero

Anyone agree a draw will be a decent result given our home form?

I do. .......... of course I want a win but I'd settle for a draw based on our home record so far this season.

Both teams' respective creative strengths/flanks have the potential to cancel each other out. Enrique is the most physically imposing fullback that Mohamady will face, certainly up to this stage of the campaign. The said winger earned alot of plaudits against Man City, but his opposition was a played out-of-position centrehalve in Lescott. In addition Mohamady touch on the ball seems heavy, they's have one heck mof a player if his close control rivalled his pace & ability to drop his shoulder [riding a challenge] into his man. Mohamady isn't going to physically overwhelm Enrique by dropping his shoulder & blowing past him, and heavy touches on the ball will be swallowed up Enrique.

You could could offer a similar argument re: Onuoha, with regards to any negating effect on Jonas' potential contribution and the said player is top defensive prospect imo. And both widewen [Jonas & Mohamady] do track back, and offer a semblance of physical presence to compliment their workrate/defensive application.

Our biggest concern defensively is Henderson's passing range, his eye for a killer ball. And Bent is due for a goal from open play, and contrary to Ashleysskidmarks esteemed opinion the said player is far from being 'shit'. Collo and Williamson's collective weakness [as a central pairing] is the piercing/direct ball through the middle. As such this derby could be the making of the young lad, in local folklore that is - before any sort of significance pertaining to his mooted in-demand status among the current top 4 is take into consideration.

I'd be starting Campbell [ahead of Williamson] because: *he's still the best athlete of the three available centrehalves, and us such would dampen the aforementioned weakness that Collocini/Williamson both offer as a pairing. *and over a decade's worth of experience in heated derby games. We don't need 'stargazers' in the heart of the defense in this one, or somebody who might soak up the occasion too much & subsequently get rattled.

Henderson, despite his forward going endeavour, is still naive defensively and his workrate [or lack of] in the transition passing game is Sunderland's archille's heel in the engine room. Despite him showing so far that he is very efficient & very good deep playing link-up man this is one game i'd expect [or hope for that is] Tiote to put in a more balanced performance between the boxes, with more forward runs. There's room behind Cattermole & Henderson to be exploited, it's there for the taking. Ben Arfa would've torn them shreds. It will be tight, this is Sunderlands best performed back four to visit in many seasons. With that said Tiote [any potential go-foward from him] and Nolan's propensity to be a fox-in-hole type of poacher are the keys to a one goal win.

Good analysis of both teams. I think its going to be a good tight game....not long now!

Come on the mackems ;)

You really are a bellend :razz: WEARSIDE is confident because man for man we have a better 1st eleven/ squad !!!! SIMPLES ....bit like you ....BTW we arnt arrogant, just a little more hopefull than usual ish .....fucking hell weve had to listen to you sad kernts for the last 17 year and you call us arrogant......Fuck Off :icon_lol: LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunderland do have a much better side than when we beat you last. Saying that, I think Newcastle have more metal in their side now too. Past results mean nothing on sunday, its all about whats happening now.

We have shit away form and you have shit home form. Draw is the likely result but I do think both teams could also win.

Anyone agree a draw will be a decent result given our home form?

Given the fact they've won one away game in two and a quarter seasons (other than games against Hull) no. Chez that's not being bullish or brash it's stating facts, I'm not going to the game on Sunday in hope, but expectation.

You really are a bellend :razz: WEARSIDE is confident because man for man we have a better 1st eleven/ squad !!!! SIMPLES ....bit like you ....BTW we arnt arrogant, just a little more hopefull than usual ish .....fucking hell weve had to listen to you sad kernts for the last 17 year and you call us arrogant......Fuck Off :icon_lol: LMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stand by for your Cup Final. Prick.

The only thing sunderland fans have in common with Newcastle fans is they are all obsessed with Newcastle United. If you were 2nd bottom of the league and we were bottom you would be happy because you finished above Newcastle.

FWIW, I want to win on sunday, for reasons way above it being a derby match against a smaller team than us, but its 3 points on the board and stops our recent bad run at home.