Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St-ea-ve Cram, Kate Adie, Duncan Wood, Olive who sang you're not alone, Spuggie, that hairy nonce who was on Soccer AM on Saturday, Jeff Brown, Brian Marwood, Lady Mucka can you hear me Lady Mucka, Dave Stewart, P-eeht-a Oah Touule your boys took a hell of a beating a hell of a beating.

:angry:

Bruce deserved what he got imo. We've really struggled at home in the league since we beat Villa against teams we'd expect to do well against at home and he started with 5 in midfield. Although you would've thought we had the extra man. Tiote covered every blade of grass and (as 2J predicted) it was Nolan's type of game, i.e. blood and guts. Thought Barton was probably the best of the midfield though, if not th entire team. Carroll was brilliant as well and I was delighted for Shola after some of the stick he's taken off the crowd at times.

Thought they closed us down quite well in the first 10 minutes or so but once Nolan made himself available for Tiote to find, they were basically feckless. Nothing summed it up more than Bramble's hopeful hoofs down the pitch for Bent and Welbeck to fruitlessly chase.

Bruce deserved what he got imo. We've really struggled at home in the league since we beat Villa against teams we'd expect to do well against at home and he started with 5 in midfield. Although you would've thought we had the extra man. Tiote covered every blade of grass and (as 2J predicted) it was Nolan's type of game, i.e. blood and guts. Thought Barton was probably the best of the midfield though, if not th entire team. Carroll was brilliant as well and I was delighted for Shola after some of the stick he's taken off the crowd at times.

Hear hear, he was the best player on the pitch for me.

I'm not deluded but I don't think there's a bear pit in the English game like St James' Park when we get to the opposition players like we did yesterday. Bramble was a yellow card in my opinion, but it looked to me that he looked scared and barely uttered anything to the referee. They all looked scared the mackem players, actually scared, like Darren Anderton our first game in the Prem when he was sick in the tunnel cos of the noise.

Thing is Bruce didn't play 5 in midfield as part of some master tactical plan - as I understand it that's how they've played all season hence Gyan being a permanent sub.

It's especially heartening the way they think that adding "quality" along with a supposed good manager would inevitibly lead to this mythical progress they all expect.

St-ea-ve Cram, Kate Adie, Duncan Wood, Olive who sang you're not alone, Spuggie, that hairy nonce who was on Soccer AM on Saturday, Jeff Brown, Brian Marwood, Lady Mucka can you hear me Lady Mucka, Dave Stewart, P-eeht-a Oah Touule your boys took a hell of a beating a hell of a beating.

:lol:

Olga will be seething at his omission

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Nolan Newcastle 7

Malouda Chelsea 7

Tevez Man City 7

Bent Sunderland 6

Berbatov Man Utd 6

Drogba Chelsea 6

Carroll Newcastle 5

That result has got to be a platform for our home form now btw. I still wouldn't be surprised if they finished above us either but I'm a lot more confident we'll be alright now.

For the mackems out there, it's probably beginning to sink in just how bad they were.

Their team yesterday reminded me of one of Peter Reid's last derbys up here where we won 2 nil, it annoyed me that we let them off the hook that day when we really could have had a few more. Thankfully that wasnt the case yesterday

I don't know where their arrogance about this game comes from. In the grand scheme of things they've beaten us four times in thirty year home and away, why the fuck should we not expect to win? As I said earlier, they're Sunderland, we're the toon.

Bramble v Carroll is going to be quality, hopefully the dopey one trips up on his cock, or makes some catastrophic error early doors that wastes his confidence. The likes of Jordan Henderson might crumble, if I was fat head I wouldn't start him and Cattermole together, I think there's a good chance Barton v Cattermole could result in reds as well.

Put it this way James I think we have a 10 times better chance of beating Sunderland than I did of beating Villa. I think there'll be a really, really mad score in this game, just a feeling, 6-1, 4-3, 1-2, I just have a feeling it's going to be a mad old day. OB should've made it 4pm it would've been even better.

...and people say I'm not psychic.

I like the derby games I really do, but I'm more up for this one than I have been in years, purely because it's the first time in a long time you actually collectively in general seem to think you'll win. You mackems turn up heads bowed, quiet, looking miserable accepting your fate normally, but the beauty about this time it seem you think you're going to win, and I like it I really do, will make it all the more sweet at 20 past 3.

Stick to the Toon stevie as your England WC predictions were abysmal ! :angry:

:lol::)

Hey we're playin next Wednesday neet as well at home, happy days, didn't realise.

See Hughton is favourite to benext Prem manager to lose his job with Hills, ffs give him a contract now you tools. Calderwood might have jumped before they were both pushed, I don't see Hibs as a step up regardless of role promotion. I heard from a good source the intention is to replace Hughton with Pardew, that was before West Ham, if we'd lose the last 3 I'd still rather have Hughton than Pardew anyway.

Stevie, you seem to have predicted every score there except the correct one. :angry:

Fair play to you like, you were spot on with your confidence.

I stuck my neck oot and said 6-1, a very good effort at worst!

I haven't had a hero for years (Last one was probably Bellamy) mainly because apathy had set in and they players I looked upto were removed from reality. Oh and Im 30 as well ! :angry:

However, this bunch of players are really likable and I'm finding I have a new heroes emerging once again.

Carroll, Colo, Ricky and I even like Willo amongst others.

fair play to the toon yesterday....you played well and we just didn't turn up. Can't put my finger on how we can play so well against man u, arsenal, liverpool etc and then play so poor against you lot!

Have to admit its the lowest i've felt as a sunderland supporter in all my 28 years. Not just because of the scoreline but the manor in which we played.

fair play to the toon yesterday....you played well and we just didn't turn up. Can't put my finger on how we can play so well against man u, arsenal, liverpool etc and then play so poor against you lot!

Have to admit its the lowest i've felt as a sunderland supporter in all my 28 years. Not just because of the scoreline but the manor in which we played.

I said before the game why. Our crowd, you play in front of it once a season and don't encounter another support like it all season. Your players were visibly shaken by the atmosphere and you have to admit that.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=10

fuckin pissin mesel at this above, what a tool he must feel now.

gets better....

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?...mp;postcount=15

Edited by WDP

Fair play to you for coming back and you were decent crack before the game as well. Give songbird my love as well.