Newcastle United FC 5-1 5under1and AFC

Guest Tuco Ramirez

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the whole team gets involved in celebrations nowadays. There's clearly a superb team spirit amongst "this group of lads". There doesn't seem to be any divisions amongst the players which is great to see.

Furthermore we don't have any moody players who will sulk at the first opportunity (maybe Ben Arfa would based on prior knowledge of his behaviour but we won't know for a few months yet).

I could embarrass about 80% of this board by dragging up old threads about Nolan being utter shit based on his first 4 months at the toon, but as I said then he was never fully fit, and going through the worst period of form in his career. One person in particular springs to mind, while I was telling you all what a good player he was. Today he stands as the Premiership's top scorer, and he's got an outstanding chance of getting 15-20 league goals this season which no one would've believed 8 weeks ago.

Nolan isn't the only reason the team spirit is so good, but I do believe he's the key reason, he galvanises people, and he's clearly a very good lad (for a dipper). He's never in strip joints or neet clubs, he just goes home to dippersville, manages his sunday league team, pint inthe club with his fatha, then back to the toon for training on a monday. Nolan I salute you.

I could embarrass about 80% of this board by dragging up old threads about Nolan being utter shit based on his first 4 months at the toon, but as I said then he was never fully fit, and going through the worst period of form in his career. One person in particular springs to mind, while I was telling you all what a good player he was. Today he stands as the Premiership's top scorer, and he's got an outstanding chance of getting 15-20 league goals this season which no one would've believed 8 weeks ago.

Why would you do that, though? They know who they are and you would come across like a gigantic prick.

Why would you do that, though? They know who they are and you would come across like a gigantic prick.

You sound like you were one of them, this new ID has given you a wonderful boost of confidence. Just making a point as to how fickle some people who are.

Edited by WDP

i'll hold me hands up. i thought his legs had gone to do it at the top level. tbf, he's been a passenger a lot the last couple of seasons, but he always has the habit of popping up with a goal. fair play to him though, the last couple of games alongside tiote in midfield, he's been different class. and he's obvioulsy a good influence in the changing room too.

You sound like you were one of them, this new ID has given you a wonderful boost of confidence. Just making a point as to how fickle some people who are.

I think I was on Skunkers at the time. I liked Kevin Nolan, and agree that there are some fickle twats on here. We're always two defeats from 'Hughton is clueless' it seems.

Nolan isn't the only reason the team spirit is so good, but I do believe he's the key reason, he galvanises people, and he's clearly a very good lad (for a dipper). He's never in strip joints or neet clubs, he just goes home to dippersville, manages his sunday league team, pint inthe club with his fatha, then back to the toon for training on a monday. Nolan I salute you.

I'll hold my hands up too and say I thought Nolan was shit last season and has been at times this year too(Blackpool/Stoke).

I agree with your 2nd paragraph too. Don't remember you or anyone else saying much about the bit in bold though.

He's still shite :lol: it's just he's finally got a partner in the centre of the park that can cover his deficiencies, allowing him to concentrate on what he does best - getting into scoring positions. Tiote is making Nolan the player he is.

Sure he was many people's player of the year last year, me included? As for the year before, not a single player came out of that with any credit.

This year he has been superb imo. I think his absence against Wigan was quite noticeable.

Good thing Stevie's never chatted shite on here, so has nothing to fear from anyone bumping old threads. :lol:

A good point and very well made.

The thing is I'm not a fence sitter so occasionally I will get things wrong, but spectacularly right often too, Sunday being a point in case.

Edited by WDP

Good thing Stevie's never chatted shite on here, so has nothing to fear from anyone bumping old threads. :icon_lol:

A good point and very well made.

The thing is I'm not a fence sitter so occasionally I will get things wrong, but spectacularly right often too, Sunday being a point in case.

:lol:

Sure he was many people's player of the year last year, me included? As for the year before, not a single player came out of that with any credit.

This year he has been superb imo. I think his absence against Wigan was quite noticeable.

Mine too. And I got slated off Stevie for it iirc :lol: