Malcolm Allison

Guest alex

RIP. Before my time mainly but always seemed like a character. I do remember him managing Boro in the early 80s though.

Aye same here but it has to be acknowledged that he was well respected in the game. Plenty of the hacks are eulogising about him.

RIP

Guest Tuco Ramirez

RIP

He managed a team in the North East Sunday League about 10 years ago. Killingworth Arms maybe? Alex might know, not my manor those borderline Northumberland/North Tyneside places, Forest Hall, Killingworth etc..

Genuine character whenever I saw him interviewed, who I'm sure will be sadly lost by many especially older Man City fans where he was a key man in their golden era of the late 60's with manager Joe Mercer.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Killingworth and Forest Hall , borderline?

Fuck me Stevie :angry:

Suppose Lemington is virtually Cumbria eh?

Heddon on the Wall is classed as Newcastle and that's 5 miles west of Lemington. Crammy's two mile from Killie and that's Northumberland, and Forest Hall's hardly Newcastle is it :lol:

Was I right about the Killie Arms, and Allison, I'm sure am right, can't find nowt on google though.

Edited by Tuco Ramirez

Killingworth and Forest Hall , borderline?

Fuck me Stevie :lol:

Suppose Lemington is virtually Cumbria eh?

Heddon on the Wall is classed as Newcastle and that's 5 miles west of Lemington. Crammy's two mile from Killie and that's Northumberland, and Forest Hall's hardly Newcastle is it :icon_lol:

Was I right about the Killie Arms, and Allison, I'm sure am right, can't find nowt on google though.

I guess that means the training ground is on foreign turf then?

Is Wallsend in Newcastle then? :angry:

I think you're right about one of the Sunday league teams Steve but I'm buggered if I can remember which one :angry:

I can remember him managing Willington in the Northern league after Boro but then I think he went out the middle east somewhere after that.

Brilliant coach according to those who played for him but like Peter Taylor (with Cloughie) he needed a management foil which he only really got with Joe Mercer.

Widely recognised as being the one who first created the famous Wist Am academy of the early 60s.

A real character in his time, always sticks in my mind for the episode with Fiona Richmond in the bath at Citeh :lol:

Hadn't heard about this but I asked around and tt was the Killy Arms apparently. It was a bit of a publicity stunt as he came for only two games or something like that as part of a documentary that was on Tyne Tees. It was more like 15-20 years ago though. The connection was Stevie Black who knew Alison and Blackie was connected with the Killy Arms at the time who were doing well in the NE Sunday Premier League.

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Hadn't heard about this but I asked around and tt was the Killy Arms apparently. It was a bit of a publicity stunt as he came for only two games or something like that as part of a documentary that was on Tyne Tees. It was more like 15-20 years ago though. The connection was Stevie Black who knew Alison and Blackie was connected with the Killy Arms at the time who were doing well in the NE Sunday Premier League.

I had a google about at the weekend and aye it was a 1998 documentary, it just stuck in my mind there was an association with him and a pub team in Killingworth.

I had a google about at the weekend and aye it was a 1998 documentary, it just stuck in my mind there was an association with him and a pub team in Killingworth.

Ah well, me Dad's mate was a bit off with the dates but that's what it was all about, aye.

Aye, it was the Killy Arms.

This is referred to on Steve Blacks site;

Other projects Steve has been involved in have been the highly successful and acclaimed TV documentary “Just for Kicks” with legendary football manager Malcolm Allison. Steve, Malcolm and movement expert Lenny Hepple took an amateur pub team and trained them as professionals. They were promoted in their first season and won the cup!.

http://www.s108253648.websitehome.co.uk/html/about_us.html