Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
Looking increasingly likely that ManU are a spent force now. Mind, I'm not convinced Rooney isn't past his best either. Always struck me as an extraordinarily precocious player who won't be playing in his 30s (especially without Ferguson's guidance).

Couldn't agree less. Michael Owen was always going to be that sort of player, while Rooney's explosiveness is a key part of his game, he has enough about him to be a force when he doesn't have the pace he had when he was 22. It's usually players who are all pace who you know will vbe finished early doors, as I say Owen was a prime example. Rooney will go on at the top for 10 years, he's just in a shit run of form as everyone has in their career.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/9104392.stm

Astonishing press conference. Never seen Ferguson look so perplexed and weak. Most of the Manu fans I know start whinging whenever they lose or draw that it's catastrophic and yada yada yada, the fallout from this should be funny :)

the Man Utd fans I’ve spoken to over the last few months seem resigned to a demise in their stature. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was the start, but seeing how City have been spending and what the Glazers have done has made them wind their necks in a lot.

Hilarious watching them though.

Will be interesting to see the reaction of the Man Utd fans in his next appearance there. He's a lot deeper than people think Rooney and I thnk he blows things out of proportion in his head. When he left Everton he wrote about being to get away from Moyes then a few years later he's apologising to Moyes saying a lot of what he said was just wrong and it was more his youthful termperament getting in the way of the truth of the matter, maybe it;s a case of de ja vu with Fergie.

Didn't Rooney have to make some kind of statement on that because Moyes pursued legal action against him? Can't remember the details properly.

I also think some people have forgotten how well he was playing prior to his injury last season in March or whatever. I'd also love to see him go abroad from an England pov.

Looking increasingly likely that ManU are a spent force now. Mind, I'm not convinced Rooney isn't past his best either. Always struck me as an extraordinarily precocious player who won't be playing in his 30s (especially without Ferguson's guidance).

Couldn't agree less. Michael Owen was always going to be that sort of player, while Rooney's explosiveness is a key part of his game, he has enough about him to be a force when he doesn't have the pace he had when he was 22. It's usually players who are all pace who you know will vbe finished early doors, as I say Owen was a prime example. Rooney will go on at the top for 10 years, he's just in a shit run of form as everyone has in their career.

Maybe, but his physique is more that of a boxer than a footballer, he'll have to be much more committed to fitness than most players and I think he lacks the mental strength of someone like Scholes to keep on top of his game. Can't think of a club that would suit him better than ManU under Ferguson and personally I think he may struggle elsewhere. Being English I'd also add I think he's over-rated - I know you will disagree though.

Astonishing press conference. Never seen Ferguson look so perplexed and weak. Most of the Manu fans I know start whinging whenever they lose or draw that it's catastrophic and yada yada yada, the fallout from this should be funny :)

the Man Utd fans I’ve spoken to over the last few months seem resigned to a demise in their stature. Losing Ronaldo and Tevez was the start, but seeing how City have been spending and what the Glazers have done has made them wind their necks in a lot.

As amusing as it is to witness the decline of Man United, the sickener of City buying the league more than spoils it.

Guest Tuco Ramirez

Maybe, but his physique is more that of a boxer than a footballer, he'll have to be much more committed to fitness than most players and I think he lacks the mental strength of someone like Scholes to keep on top of his game. Can't think of a club that would suit him better than ManU under Ferguson and personally I think he may struggle elsewhere. Being English I'd also add I think he's over-rated - I know you will disagree though.

I think it's universally accepted that the Premiership has more quality than any league in the world. He scored 25 league goals last season, a phenomenal feat, and was justifiably in the running for the balon dor and WPOTY, whether he's overrated or not those feats in themselves show that on form he is a top class footballer. The weight thing I agree he'll have tow ork hard, but has that not been his trade mark? He's 13st which for someone of 5ft8 I'd feel is almost too heavy, makes me feel better 6 inches taller and just 2 stone heavier I tell you though.

if it’s true that Man City will pay him £500k a week including his image rights — that’s £26m on a 5 year contract, that’s EACH year = £130m contract — wow!

to put it into context they’re already paying Yaya Toure £200k per week and it’s into the realms of US sport stars earnings.

To put it into context, that 23% of their total revenues for Rooney alone, they will be turning out a 5 a side team when the new regs kick in :)

As amusing as it is to witness the decline of Man United, the sickener of City buying the league more than spoils it.

It really is...

Harsh on such a successful club the way things are going...

But the memory of their lack of modesty dries up the sympathy pretty quickly..

Said he was finished a couple of months ago. Sometimes these players who play too much and rise too early start to decline at a younger age. His body has already taken quite a battering being at the top level since he was 17. In real player age he's already 30.

You may be right, Renton.

I wouldn't write them off whilst Fergie is still there though, debt or no debt.

Rooney is replaceable just like every other player who's gone before him.

I've just got a sneaky feeling that Fergie wants to do one more rebuilding job before he puts his slippers on. It will be a lot more difficult given the debt but I wouldn't put it past him.

Finished at the age of 24. :)

He's been playing since he was 17 at the top level, his man age is irrelevant. His football age is closer to 30 is my point. The demands of modern football means it's really hard especially in the PL these days and 50 games a season for high impact players to play for more than 10 years at the highest level.

His real player age is 30 though, and that's a conservative estimate. Probably closer to 47 in reality. Retirement is beckoning

He needs a long rest basically. Perhaps the bench at Inter or Man C.

Rooney was a better player when he was 18 IMO. He's more refined now, but he had more edge at 18 and was brilliant playing in the hole. Now he's turned into an out and out striker he plays too within himself.

He's been playing since he was 17 at the top level, his man age is irrelevant. His football age is closer to 30 is my point. The demands of modern football means it's really hard especially in the PL these days and 50 games a season for high impact players to play for more than 10 years at the highest level.

Aye, it's really fucked the likes of Giggs and Scholes.

Rooney was a better player when he was 18 IMO. He's more refined now, but he had more edge at 18 and was brilliant playing in the hole. Now he's turned into an out and out striker he plays too within himself.

Agreed.