Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

The society's spokesman, Charles Laver, said: "I hate football myself so I'm quite happy to burn a footballer. One of our members is a big Man U fan, so he's been advising us on getting all the details of the kit just right."

:lol: It's only a fucking red top with white shorts. Must have been picked last when playing footy with mates in all to hate the game.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Rooney, she'd be bent over some park swings getting raw-dogged by the local chavs. At least the footballers have some form of discernible talent, eve if they are arguably over-rewarded for it.

How dare you! She's a wonderful, sweet, enchanting creature [/stevie]

A 49-foot effigy of Wayne Rooney will be set alight at a public bonfire in Kent this weekend.

The Manchester United and England striker will be this year's celebrity Guy at the Edenbridge Bonfire Society's annual display on Saturday.

The firework-stuffed effigy, complete with United shirt and Shrek ears, holds a copy of his recently-signed five-year contract in one hand and a bag of cash in the other.

The display is expected to draw crowds of up to 15,000 spectators, almost double the population of the town of Edenbridge itself.

The society's spokesman, Charles Laver, said: "I hate football myself so I'm quite happy to burn a footballer. One of our members is a big Man U fan, so he's been advising us on getting all the details of the kit just right."

Rooney was chosen as this year's Guy, following salacious tabloid revelations about his private life and the protracted saga over his lucrative new contract, obtained after he told United that he wanted to leave the club.

Rooney joins the list of Edenbridge celebrity Guys which in recent years have included Cherie Blair, Gordon Brown, Russell Brand and glamour model Katie Price.

pa-photos_t_wayne-rooney-50ft-effigy-guy-fawkes-bonfire-night-pictures-0311a.jpg

Nice touch with the ears :lol:

Not sure what James 'Thundercats' Litpon has to do with anything...

pre.jpg