Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

khay

Is Ferguson still a big fan of Benzema? Would he be a Rooney replacement?

I'm not saying that Rooney will go to Real... not sure if Rooney is their kind of player, just I know Benzema was very much a target

Don't think ManU have the cash to get Benzema away from Real.

Fair point, But if Rooney still has 20monts on his contract, they could still demand a fairly large fee, couldn't they?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ferguson still a big fan of Benzema? Would he be a Rooney replacement?

I'm not saying that Rooney will go to Real... not sure if Rooney is their kind of player, just I know Benzema was very much a target

Don't think ManU have the cash to get Benzema away from Real.

Fair point, But if Rooney still has 20monts on his contract, they could still demand a fairly large fee, couldn't they?

Now that it is public knowledge he wants out that will effect the fee and he may decide to sit his contract out. He'll have to be sold in Jan to a club that really wnats him immediately if a goodish fee is to be had imo.

The money they will get would keep the debts at bay for a while, and not be used to buy the likes of Benzema. My dad keeps saying that Ferguson's greed has meant the Glazers have 'bought' him to toe the party line, and if Rooney goes, and there is no top notch replacement, then the evidence suggests that he has been.

I know Stretford is one of his agents. Saw a pic with the two playing golf in the paper today.

Rooney that is.

And I don't know if McKay is Souness' agent.

Edited by Billy Castell

Is it true that he has Shepherd/Stretford as his agents?

It would all make perfect sense if so.

That was the crack when we supposedly tried to buy him iirc.

I thought Fred, Kenny and Paul Stretford had teamed up to form an agency. Didn't Stretford actually have office space at SJP under Shepherds regime.

I thought Fred, Kenny and Paul Stretford had teamed up to form an agency. Didn't Stretford actually have office space at SJP under Shepherds regime.

Rings a bell like. I can't remember the details though to be honest.

ah. Those terrible days when we were an embarrassment. Things are so much better now.

Intrigued to see who they bring in to replace him. Assuming he'll be gone in January, I can't see who they could bring in during that month to replace a player of his stature. Either way they'd be cup-tied in Europe.

Shola?

What sort of fee could ManU expect? I mean 20 months is nothing really.

15mil?

Id expect Manu to go in for Dzeko.

They'll still get huge money for him if he leave in January, 40 million at least imo.

Van der Sar and Neville are almost certainly retiring at the end of the season, Giggs and Scholes soon after, Ferdinand's back has gone, Berbatov, Vidic and Evra are all nearly 30 and might fuck off if they see the dominoes falling. The likes of Marcheda, Hernandez and Smalling had better be fucking awesome or Man U are in serious shit.

What sort of fee could ManU expect? I mean 20 months is nothing really.

15mil?

Id expect Manu to go in for Dzeko.

They'll still get huge money for him if he leave in January, 40 million at least imo.

Van der Sar and Neville are almost certainly retiring at the end of the season, Giggs and Scholes soon after, Ferdinand's back has gone, Berbatov, Vidic and Evra are all nearly 30 and might fuck off if they see the dominoes falling. The likes of Marcheda, Hernandez and Smalling had better be fucking awesome or Man U are in serious shit.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Giggs is going to be their next manager with him gradually taking control and Taggart moving upstairs over the next couple of seasons.

Because Chelsea and now Citeh changed the face of the football landscape with their ability to buy whoever they like it has hindered Man U's youth policy but as it is changing yet again with all but Citeh pulling in the reins, I think we will see Man U relying upon their youth structure once again.

Whether Rooney will be part of that, well he is a saleable asset and the money could be spent well across the team - especially if Nani's form continues.

ah. Those terrible days when we were an embarrassment. Things are so much better now.

Give it a fucking rest.

Was speaking to a guy at work and he reckons that hooker shrek was banging is in with some pretty heavy gangsters up there and they have told Rooney, in no uncertain terms that he needs to fuck off and sharpish. If he goes to City then it kinda blow it out the water tho

Rings a bell like. I can't remember the details though to be honest.

Kenny Shepherd was Pro-Active's North-East [Regional] player development officer, when Jenas & Viana [ProActive clients] arrived at the club. He was essentially a liaison officer between club/player and Stretford, and was charged with the duty of getting lads settled into the area ie. accommodation etc.

On a sidenote i'm pretty sure K.Shepherd was involved in negotiations pertaining to Luque's transfer.

Edited by Year Zero

Those heady days when Shepherd clearly pimped the club out (again) to get an extra £5million out of ManU for his mate Stretford... I don't suppose Streford even thanked him, let alone gave him a big wodge of cash :) ..

Those heady days when Shepherd clearly pimped the club out (again) to get an extra £5million out of ManU for his mate Stretford... I don't suppose Streford even thanked him, let alone gave him a big wodge of cash :) ..

it's what happens on the pitch that counts, this is why you support the football team. Or not. Nowadays it seems more and more are not, in increasing numbers.

Can you substantiate your accusation by the way in your comment above ?

Edited by LeazesMag

JESUS CHRIST LEAZES WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THAT FAT FUCK

I never mentioned anybod Kevin. FWIW, I think those sort of accusations should be deleted, doesn't bother me but you never know who might be looking.

I never mentioned anybod Kevin. FWIW, I think those sort of accusations should be deleted, doesn't bother me but you never know who might be looking.

:razz::o

:razz: Have you still not found your marbles?

:razz: Have you still not found your marbles?

well well well. Did you ever have any ?

:o