FM 2011

khay

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd recommend Kyle Walker on loan for the suspect right back position. You should be able to get Vaclav Kadlec. Jordan Ayew and Roman Lukaku are decent shouts.Try and get Scott Dann and Ryan Shawcross, I got them on the cheap after they stalled on contract talks come the winter break. Jeparov and Vokojevic are good centre mids, and I always go for Diego Buonanotte.

hope these help.

Finished 7th in my second season of my no signings game. I have no problems scoring with Carroll, Ranger and Vuckic getting their fair share and Guthrie being the king of assists for my set up. Towards the second half of my last season I started to try and give Spear, Moyo, Lua Lua and Alex Nicholson more of a run out.

Was also approached for the Liverpool game but knocked them back to continue with this challenge.

NUFC_2012.jpg

Carroll_2012.jpg

Vuckic_2012.jpg

lollle.jpg

First season finished 11th and won the FA Cup which means I'm in the UEFA next season, as well as that Wolves won the League Cup meaning Villa and Sunderland don't get into Europe. ;)

Decided to take a break from my no signings Newcastle game so thought I would take up another of my teams that I take on every FM Game (and what a game its been so far).

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen is a German association football club in Oberhausen, North Rhine-Westphalia. The club was formed as Oberhausener SV in December 1904 out of the merger of Emschertaler SV (1902) and the football enthusiasts of Oberhausener TV 1873. The new side entered into a union with Viktoria Styrum BV to create SpVgg 1904 Oberhausen-Styrum, but within six months a number of the club's members left to form 1.FC Mülheim-Styrum. The remaining club members carried on and in 1934 took on their current name.

The team was unremarked through its early history, simply playing local ball. After the re-organization of German football in the early 30's under the Third Reich Rot Weiss played in the Gauliga Niederrhein but could never match the strength of division rival Fortuna Düsseldorf. The club worked its way into the upper league Oberliga West after the war and with the formation of the Bundesliga, Germany's new professional circuit, found themselves in the second division Regionalliga West. A first place finish there in 1969 led to promotion to the Bundesliga for the workmanlike side. The club's turn in the top flight was tainted when they were implicated in the Bundesliga bribery scandal of 1971. While it was clear they were involved, the club and its players escaped sanction. After three years in the upper league without doing any better than a 14th place finish, the club returned to its existence as a tier II and III side.

Financial problems in 1988 were the prelude to a slide into the Verbandsliga Niederrhein (IV) two years later. After nearly a decade spent bouncing up and down between the third and fourth divisions Die Kleeblätter returned to the 2.Bundesliga in 1998, winning the Regionalliga West/Südwest. They remained a lower table side for the most part, but did manage to put forward their best ever performances with sixth and fifth place finishes in 2000 and 2004. Oberhausen was relegated again to the Regionalliga Nord (III) for 2005. Relegation to the Oberliga (IV) followed a year later. They returned to 2. Bundesliga after two successively promotions; which were 1st of Nordrhein Group at Oberliga in 2006–2007 and 2nd of North Group at Regionalliga in 2007–2008 season.

So I took it on to take this semi-professional club and to see how far this Scot could take them...

StartingSquad.jpg

I started the season with next to nothing to spend but a fairly large squad, thus in the first transfer window letting two go and bringing in two players on a free, former Norwegian International 36 year old Frode Johnsen and and 35 year old Serbian Sasa Zoric.

I got off to a flying start with some amazing results and Frode Johnsen was scoring an average of a goal a game which took me bouncing anywhere from around 4th to 8th in the league for the first half of the season. January came as did a whole host of injuries, this forced me to bring in another free transfer a 37 year old Cameroon midfielder. Whilst he only played 4 games in total I picked him up for free on a £200 pound a week contract so was worthwhile having the cover. January also seen a change in my strikeforce with young 21 year old Patrick Schonfeld being brought in to frontline to play alongside Frode Johnsen.

January and February seen me keep a consistent tope 4 spot though when Ivory Coast keeper Loboue picked up a 7 month injury, panic set in as I had sold our reserve keeper to Wolfsburg way back in August. I managed to pick up 36 year old United States keeper Kevin Hartman on a free and as the other teams started to lose some form my team began to go from strength to strength and with the consistency of my strikeforce win the second division and promotion to the Bundesliga on my first attempt.

League1011.jpg

FrodeJohnsen.jpg

Transfers-1.jpg

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Decided to take a break from my no signings Newcastle game so thought I would take up another of my teams that I take on every FM Game (and what a game its been so far).

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen

Rot-Weiß Oberhausen is a German association football club in Oberhausen, North Rhine-Westphalia. The club was formed as Oberhausener SV in December 1904 out of the merger of Emschertaler SV (1902) and the football enthusiasts of Oberhausener TV 1873. The new side entered into a union with Viktoria Styrum BV to create SpVgg 1904 Oberhausen-Styrum, but within six months a number of the club's members left to form 1.FC Mülheim-Styrum. The remaining club members carried on and in 1934 took on their current name.

The team was unremarked through its early history, simply playing local ball. After the re-organization of German football in the early 30's under the Third Reich Rot Weiss played in the Gauliga Niederrhein but could never match the strength of division rival Fortuna Düsseldorf. The club worked its way into the upper league Oberliga West after the war and with the formation of the Bundesliga, Germany's new professional circuit, found themselves in the second division Regionalliga West. A first place finish there in 1969 led to promotion to the Bundesliga for the workmanlike side. The club's turn in the top flight was tainted when they were implicated in the Bundesliga bribery scandal of 1971. While it was clear they were involved, the club and its players escaped sanction. After three years in the upper league without doing any better than a 14th place finish, the club returned to its existence as a tier II and III side.

Financial problems in 1988 were the prelude to a slide into the Verbandsliga Niederrhein (IV) two years later. After nearly a decade spent bouncing up and down between the third and fourth divisions Die Kleeblätter returned to the 2.Bundesliga in 1998, winning the Regionalliga West/Südwest. They remained a lower table side for the most part, but did manage to put forward their best ever performances with sixth and fifth place finishes in 2000 and 2004. Oberhausen was relegated again to the Regionalliga Nord (III) for 2005. Relegation to the Oberliga (IV) followed a year later. They returned to 2. Bundesliga after two successively promotions; which were 1st of Nordrhein Group at Oberliga in 2006–2007 and 2nd of North Group at Regionalliga in 2007–2008 season.

So I took it on to take this semi-professional club and to see how far this Scot could take them...

StartingSquad.jpg

I started the season with next to nothing to spend but a fairly large squad, thus in the first transfer window letting two go and bringing in two players on a free, former Norwegian International 36 year old Frode Johnsen and and 35 year old Serbian Sasa Zoric.

I got off to a flying start with some amazing results and Frode Johnsen was scoring an average of a goal a game which took me bouncing anywhere from around 4th to 8th in the league for the first half of the season. January came as did a whole host of injuries, this forced me to bring in another free transfer a 37 year old Cameroon midfielder. Whilst he only played 4 games in total I picked him up for free on a £200 pound a week contract so was worthwhile having the cover. January also seen a change in my strikeforce with young 21 year old Patrick Schonfeld being brought in to frontline to play alongside Frode Johnsen.

January and February seen me keep a consistent tope 4 spot though when Ivory Coast keeper Loboue picked up a 7 month injury, panic set in as I had sold our reserve keeper to Wolfsburg way back in August. I managed to pick up 36 year old United States keeper Kevin Hartman on a free and as the other teams started to lose some form my team began to go from strength to strength and with the consistency of my strikeforce win the second division and promotion to the Bundesliga on my first attempt.

League1011.jpg

FrodeJohnsen.jpg

Transfers-1.jpg

Canny but why don't you add the graphics, get a new skin and stadiums, badges etc

I've got a decent game atm, started out with Palermo, in first season and been sitting top all season, racking up wins such 0-4 against Inter, I line up with the following

----------------------------Kameni----------------------------------

---Cassani--------Kompany--------Munoz------Balzaretti--------

---------------Pastore------Nocerino-----Miglaccio----------------

---------------Suarez------Cavani------Hernandez----------------

Pretty much got the Uruguayan frontline upfront, but theyve been banging in the goals, not so much Suarez as he's been injured for a few month. Cavani has 22 in 25. With Pastore getting 20 assist in 25. Will post some screenies later on.

CittdiPalermoPalermo_Tactics.png

Pretty much standard 4-3-3 I play (4-3-1-2? :nah:) But yeah all poachers uptop, works great, especially since ive stabalised my defence considering this was a pretty attacking formation, i'd be prone to conceeding the odd goal but with the addition of Kompany everything has been much smoother.

EdinsonCavaniProfile_Attributes.png

JavierPastoreProfile_Attributes.png

These two have pretty much got me first place in Serie A, the goals and assists between them are insane. Also notable mention to Hernandez who has 21 in 32 appearences.

SerieAInformation_LeagueTable.png

Pretty much bossing it atm, have a game in hand also. Waaaaay ahead on G.D too.

IntervPalermoInformation_Overview.png

:lol:

PalermovOMInformation_Overview.png

If someone ever has a more crazy game than this, please tell me. Final of the 'Euro Cup' 4 players sent off, 12 players booked overall and still somehow manage to hang on till pens.

Edited by Inglez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looking to get back into FM, but the newer one's I find a little tactics/training heavy.

Can anyone reccomend an old CM that was great fun that I can just dip in and out of?

CM 01/02 or 03/04, or the early FM's. I prefer them too but haven't played them in a while, might start a game up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have started a new game as RC Lens.

Starting the game between 5 and 6 million in debt I have sold many of the experienced players and given the impressive youth set up plan to bring through the majority of my team through from the reserves and youth team. I have thrown them all in at the deep end with my usual match day squad of 18 nearly always all under the age of 21.

Of the few signings Lacina Traore has been the stand out signing. It is not even Christmas yet and he has scored 21 goals in 17 games for me and 13 goals in 5 games for the Ivory Coast U20s

Traore2010.png

I have started a new game as RC Lens.

Starting the game between 5 and 6 million in debt I have sold many of the experienced players and given the impressive youth set up plan to bring through the majority of my team through from the reserves and youth team. I have thrown them all in at the deep end with my usual match day squad of 18 nearly always all under the age of 21.

Of the few signings Lacina Traore has been the stand out signing. It is not even Christmas yet and he has scored 21 goals in 17 games for me and 13 goals in 5 games for the Ivory Coast U20s

Traore2010.png

he's 6 foot 8???? no wonder he's scoring goals

• 2 weeks later...

I am at the start of the 2014/15 season with Morecambe now having got them all the way from League Two to the Premier League. Hadn't even spent a penny because they couldn't afford a transfer budget, so have relied purely on loans and free transfers. With the TV rights and money from being in the PL, though, I had £17 Million to near enough build a whole new squad with...

Most notable players in were Lescott on a free, Fran Merida on a free and Pavlyuchenko on a free. The rest of the squad is fringe players off other clubs and a few young regens to blood in as the season goes on. Had some decent results early season but on a five game winless streak at the moment due to a tough run that included Man Utd, Tottenham and Liverpool.

Right to get back into the new version again after playing 2010 for a while.

Anyone got any good tac's they want to share? I have more fun building a team.