FM 2011

khay

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys sound like you've got the game sussed, I've really struggled with the more recent FMs. I'm not one for changing things round massively for every match and I've not found any 'super-tactic' yet either, I think I'm just doomed to remembering the good old days where I could just rely on buying decent players and sticking with a 4-4-2 formation to win things B)

You guys sound like you've got the game sussed, I've really struggled with the more recent FMs. I'm not one for changing things round massively for every match and I've not found any 'super-tactic' yet either, I think I'm just doomed to remembering the good old days where I could just rely on buying decent players and sticking with a 4-4-2 formation to win things B)

I'm exactly the same. Love the game but struggle

It's a damn shame too, back in the day when the game was far less complicated I used to win stuff reasonably easily - providing I made the right transfers. The more recent version have all been about training, tactics, how you relate to the players, et, etc. I wish it was a bit more straight forward really, or at least someone could point out an easier way of playing it.

It's a damn shame too, back in the day when the game was far less complicated I used to win stuff reasonably easily - providing I made the right transfers. The more recent version have all been about training, tactics, how you relate to the players, et, etc. I wish it was a bit more straight forward really, or at least someone could point out an easier way of playing it.

I remember FM 2005 all you needed was good players an a decent formation and you were set. I play it now and spend hours getting really good buys etc then ten games in I'm in the bottom 3.

The older games were class. Unbelievable the amount of clubs that let players get into the last 6 months of their contract. Had Villa and Berbatov upfront for Newcastle in FM05, both on a free and were worth £35 million each.

Edited by StevenL

How old is too old to play it? I know people in their 40s who do. Think am reaching the end to be honest, played once in 6 months, just an hour here an hour there in the last few weeks, and it's probably the best game I've had since it changed to FM - 4 games to go, 2nd place behind Chelsea, 2 points behind Chelsea away then Man Utd away in successive games but even so the worst I'll come will be 4th which will make it my best first season toon game. Razvan Rat - daddy. Santon - daddy.

How old is too old to play it? I know people in their 40s who do. Think am reaching the end to be honest, played once in 6 months, just an hour here an hour there in the last few weeks, and it's probably the best game I've had since it changed to FM - 4 games to go, 2nd place behind Chelsea, 2 points behind Chelsea away then Man Utd away in successive games but even so the worst I'll come will be 4th which will make it my best first season toon game. Razvan Rat - daddy. Santon - daddy.

If you like the game then who gives a shit how old you are? If you think you're the only one your age playing then get on sports interactives forums and drag up on of the how old are you threads.

If you like the game then who gives a shit how old you are? If you think you're the only one your age playing then get on sports interactives forums and drag up on of the how old are you threads.

Most of my friends are a year or two older than me, and they nearly all still play it. It's like a guilty pleasure I get bored of it which is why I haven't played it for so long.

When's the newun oot?

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an update off the susie site, it's fucked my game up a bit. One of my backroom staff told me Nolan shouldn't be captain even though he's at West Ham and in a pre-match presser before Stoke the journo asked me which defender would I use against Crouch. I answered with Colo and then in the round up that appears in your news inbox it said I'd answered Paolo Maldini!

the paolo one is a bug the nolan ones not

its just because club capt will be set as Nolan in the game and in the editor as whoever did the update will have forgotten to change it

best update ive had is Wallys update from the SI official forums