FM 2011

khay

Been playing Vuckic up front with Carroll, been doing meh. Have had some awful awful results, lost 6-1 to Spurs, 5-1 to Wolves, and a few others, but some how manage to float around 12th-15th. In January now, trying to bring in new players but Ashleys being a tight arse cunt as per usual. Has anyone progressed to the second season? If so how much money do you get for spending in the offseason?

Hoping to find this out as well. I guess it depends how well you do. I'm hoping for a top half finish and to be close to a European spot. But I'm greedy.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing Vuckic up front with Carroll, been doing meh. Have had some awful awful results, lost 6-1 to Spurs, 5-1 to Wolves, and a few others, but some how manage to float around 12th-15th. In January now, trying to bring in new players but Ashleys being a tight arse cunt as per usual. Has anyone progressed to the second season? If so how much money do you get for spending in the offseason?

Hoping to find this out as well. I guess it depends how well you do. I'm hoping for a top half finish and to be close to a European spot. But I'm greedy.

Scratch that. Sitting 15th start of December.

Have only one once in the league once Xisco got injured for 3/4 months. (He had 8 in 4). :dunno: Won't get him back until the end of January and no on else want's to score goals.

Scratch that. Sitting 15th start of December.

Have only one once in the league once Xisco got injured for 3/4 months. (He had 8 in 4). :dunno: Won't get him back until the end of January and no on else want's to score goals.

loan Jordan Ayew, he's bonza

I'm sitting 5th, can't keep a clean sheet and can't afford a decent defence so I'm overloading every game. :D Call me Keegan-lite

Had a meh pre season, few loses, few wins, first 3 games in league where draws, conceding at the end, seems that NUFC players dont know the meaning of man-marking or pressing

13 players injured, jonas out for 5 months with dislocated shoulder, have bought several young players 18/19, have hired 3 new coaches to concentrate on areas i was weak in (have 4 or more stars in most areas) barton and tiote are wank

Back down to 8th, went on a three game losing streak.. not happy with it at all.

Kadar is O.K. but not great. He's had to stand in for Jose a few times due to the ridiculous number of injuries I'm getting. Not happy.

But then this happened.

byesam.png

Happy.

Far to many sending off's for my CB so far.

THIS!

Its unreal how many times my players have been sent off. Here are the stats:

Coloccini: 3 reds, 3 yellows, 17 appearances

Tiote: 2 reds, 3 yellows, 13 appearances

STaylor: 2 reds, 2 yellows, 13 appearances

Vuckic, Carroll, Simpson, Williamson, and Ben Arfa all have one red.

Totally unrealistic that, I've also been given 8 penalties on the year, which is also quite a bit. Granted I've only converted 4 of the 8, but for that I blame Shola :dunno:

THIS!

Totally unrealistic that, I've also been given 8 penalties on the year, which is also quite a bit. Granted I've only converted 4 of the 8, but for that I blame Shola :dunno:

Seems to have calmed down post-patch but yeah it was ludicrous. It was basically every other game.

THIS!

Seems to have calmed down post-patch but yeah it was ludicrous. It was basically every other game.

I'm fucked, lying in 18th, I was just 1-0 up at blackburn and ended getting tonked 4-1 what team instructions do you guys usually go with?

I play a 4-1-1-2-2 with Tiote or Nick Montgomery playing a defensive midfield role, Barton or Nolan playing a ball winning midfielder support role.

Jonas on the left as an advanced winger, Ben Arfa or Ayew on the right as advanced playmaker

Was playing Carroll as Targetman and Kadlec as a poacher until carroll was sold, then played Ayew as an Advanced forward until he broke his leg, now playing Lukaku in the same role.

I play attacking at home and Overload away, my defence is pretty poor y'see.

tackletickle.png

Edited by The Fish

Its changed over the course of the season, but for the last 10 games or so Ive been using:

------------Lukaku--Vuckic

Jonas------------------------Gosling

---------Guthrie------Nolan

Enrique-Colo-De Laet-Simpson

-------------Krul

Lukaku was a great buy, 17, and most of it over 48 months. Nolan as creative playmaker, Guthrie has ballwinning midfield set to defend.

Done with season 1! Ended 9th, almost snuck 7th but was never really going to happen, and Europe probably wouldve been too much strain on my squad. Fat Mike opened up his chequebook and I was given 8.5 million to get a midtable finish. These are my transfers so far:

In:

Marco Verratti (2 mil)

Jack Wilshere (Loan fee, 825k)

Victor Anichebe (Free)

Felipe Mattioni (6 mil)

Out:

None :dunno:

I've been trying to ship on Perch, Smith, Best, and Williamson, but apparently theyre all too shite for the other teams.

Oh, and Coloccini finished the first season with 4 reds.

If you can ever get a hold of Javier Pastore from Palermo, snap him up. Very pricey so wont be able to get him till the second season when you might get some more cash. Also Lukaku the obvious, these two in a TaP (Trequartisa + Poacher) role is unbeatable.

I don't know if its just the picture but it looks like you are playing a very high line fish.

Thats the same line i play and i'm starting to turn the season round, 1 place above relegation but have just beaten liverpool at SJP and drawn to wigan to make my last 4 games WWWD 2 points from 14th

Doing pretty well with my Arsenal team, played 14 lost 1, won 13. Beat Liverpool and Man City away aswell.

Signed a 20 year old from Santos called Paulo Henrique playing him just behind Chamakh and he's already got 10 assists.

Got Lukaku and Kadlec in my reserves. Probably try and loan them out. Kevin is away at Derby at the min, tearing it up in the Championship.

I tried to play this, but my PC said graphics fail or something.

Is it possible to get a patch for fm2010 with current transfers/leagues(e.g. Ben Arfa in the PL)?

If you can live without 3d match engine you should get it to work. When do you get the error?

Here's how my first season is going, with 7 league games left and in the semi final of the FA Cup (knocked out the mackems in the QF!).

fixturesi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

carroll.jpg

signings.jpg

tableif.jpg

tacticsb.jpg

Edited by Matty