FM 2011

khay

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season 2 done. Finished 12th, which was worse than last year, but my team was much better and I feel like they played much better. But I guess thats just football. Played with this formation most of the season:

----------Lukaku---Carroll

Jonas-----------------------Wilshere

--------Biagianti---Nolan

Enrique-Collo-De Laet--Mattioni

--------------Krul

Carroll, was immense, scored 23 goals, and just missed out on top scorer to Kris Boyd.

Going to try and bring De Laet and or Wlshere in permanently in the summer, which would make my side extreeemely young, what with Carroll, Lukaku, and Krul already starting, and Vuckic, Ranger, and Lua Lua on the bench.

Good work Sir, I would be interested to see your backroom team, your training routine and your tactics if you would take screen dumps?

In mine, Andy Carroll has just broken taylors jaw in a "collision" during training, Fat Sam has been sacked by Blackburn and I humped the Mackems at Stadium of Shite

Fat sam was sacked on my game aswell, Shearer took over. Was 10 points clear in Jan so I changed my season expectations to title winners and my board gave me £30 million to spend, this is getting too easy :pullhair:

Gonna start a game with Newcastle soon now I'm getting the hang of it.

Fat sam was sacked on my game aswell, Shearer took over. Was 10 points clear in Jan so I changed my season expectations to title winners and my board gave me £30 million to spend, this is getting too easy :pullhair:

Gonna start a game with Newcastle soon now I'm getting the hang of it.

welcome to hard mode, i've managed 3 games so far without having someone sent off, had 3 sent off against bolton (Side Show Bob, wilson and Spidy)

footy5.png

footy6.png

Defenders and 'keeper are your bog standard default positions/roles

Two ball winning midfielders, one support, one defensive

Left hand side has a winger, and the right an Advanced Playmaker, Up front I've a poacher and an advanced forward...but that's because those are the roles that best fit the players attributes.

These may change because I've got Perrotta (probably defensive playmaker) on loan, Buonanotte (probably advanced playmaker/winger)on a free transfer, Diego Tardelli for £4.5m (Not sure, he might be a complete forward) and Douglas Costa (... fucking anything, this kid is awesome) for £5m up front and £5m over 48 months.

Got £16m for top half finish, sold Best, Williamsonto earn another £3m and edited the budget to get the cash sorted for these incoming.

New owners bought the club, and I was given a £36.5 million warchest to go off and spend given that I qualify for Europe. Heres who I brought in:

Alejandro Alfaro, Sevilla, 1.7

Hatem Ben Arfa, Free

Adam Johnson, 7.6

Ritche De Laet, Free

Kyle Naughton, 1.7

Vincent Kompany 3.2

Ibrahim Afellay, 3.6

Also let Barton, Smith, Shola, Simpson, and Guthrie go on frees

New owners bought the club, and I was given a £36.5 million warchest to go off and spend given that I qualify for Europe. Heres who I brought in:

Alejandro Alfaro, Sevilla, 1.7

Hatem Ben Arfa, Free

Adam Johnson, 7.6

Ritche De Laet, Free

Kyle Naughton, 1.7

Vincent Kompany 3.2

Ibrahim Afellay, 3.6

Also let Barton, Smith, Shola, Simpson, and Guthrie go on frees

Do you listen to the Football Ramble?

I have done very little school work since this came out. Worth it though as I'm eighth in the league with Newcastle after 24 played. Signed Hugo Almeida at the start of the season, worst money I've ever spent on FM as he's scored a grand total of 2 goals in the league cup and none in the premiership. Fortunately for me FM inexplicably rates Xisco very highly and he's slotting regularly.

Edited by NobbyH

Deceided to take a non English approach and go with Palermo. Doing good in the league PL6 W4 D2 L0 with a nice home win over Roma 2-0. On the other hand the Euro qualifying haven't been going aswell. Drew 2-2 away with PSV but underestimated Lokomotiv Moscow at home a got beat 1-0. Rested far too many regulars for the game against Roma, ended up winning but none the less find myself bottom of the EURO qualifying stages. Will try and get some screenies up soon.

Havent read the entire thread so apologies if these players have already been mentioned but some of the talents ive 'found' are :-

-Romelu Lukaku (Anderlecht-ST)

-Yaya Sanogo (ST)

-Kevin (MC)

-Diego Renan (LB)

All a bit pricey when managing Newcastle but for someone with a decent budget they are definitly worth a look (Sanogo in particular).

Just bought it last night, a bloke in front of me in the queue had it too he looked about 55, made me feel much better :lol:

Should have a big online game on here.

Id be up for it, never done it before. Can anyone explain how it works?

I did it with an earlier FM, you all join a created network game and then the day progression is controlled by the host, during matches we used the 2D engine and had it on high speed

there was 4 of us who used to play it together and if i remember correctly we used to get about 6 league games in a night (playing for 3 hours)