Over the weekend

LeazesMag

as from tomorrow morning, I won't be posting until Sunday night.

No Bellamy posts etc ..... if we lose, or play shit I hope the next time I do post Souness will be sacked, as consolation. Saturday night will be around the town, down the ex drinking dens around pink lane/yates/bodega etc etc .

Co-incidentally, one of Bellamys finest games was when we beat Villa 3-0, he and Shearer gave a masterful exhibiton of a performance, of pace, power and movement. November 3rd 2001. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago. Almost like looking at the Keegan years again, before another fuckwit destroyed a side that could have won things, and challenged at the top for a long time.

Southgate and Eghiogu [i think it was them] were completely shell shocked.

Stunning performance.

Southgate & Ehiogu were both at Boro by then. Mellberg & Alpay?

63593[/snapback]

dunno.....you might be right, but I could have sworn it was Southgate at least...

It was 2001 !

No Bellamy posts etc ..... if we lose, or play shit I hope the next time I do post Souness will be sacked, as consolation. Saturday night will be around the town, down the ex drinking dens around pink lane/yates/bodega etc etc .

Co-incidentally, one of Bellamys finest games was when we beat Villa 3-0, he and Shearer gave a masterful exhibiton of a performance, of pace, power and movement. November 3rd 2001. Hard to believe it was 4 years ago. Almost like looking at the Keegan years again, before another fuckwit destroyed a side that could have won things, and challenged at the top for a long time.

Stunning performance.

63591[/snapback]

The day my daughter was born, could hear the cheers form St James whilst waiting in the hospital

:unsure:

Pretty sure Southgate left in 2001, his last Villa game being at St James- won 3-0 I think, I remember Stephen Glass scoring a goal.

63595[/snapback]

you are right, he joined smoggies in the summer of 2001. I just looked it up. He was McLarens first buy, according to his profile.

Stunning performance.

63591[/snapback]

The day my daughter was born, could hear the cheers form St James whilst waiting in the hospital

63596[/snapback]

canny one

Southgate signed for the Smogs at the end of the 00/01 season, Ugo the year before.

Sorry if I side-tracked your thread LM.

63600[/snapback]

no probs mate, I am just looking forward to a new manager leading us back up the table, and performances to match the one in question - along with a good piss up and a curry regardless of whatever happens on Saturday

Southgate signed for the Smogs at the end of the 00/01 season, Ugo the year before.

Sorry if I side-tracked your thread LM.

63600[/snapback]

no probs mate, I am just looking forward to a new manager leading us back up the table, and performances to match the one in question - along with a good piss up and a curry regardless of whatever happens on Saturday

63604[/snapback]

I think we'd all drink to that. Cheers!

Enjoy your curry, Leazes, and let's see where this weekend leaves NUFC eh? Listening on the way in to the radio and they were saying Allardyce is being lined up - now as much as I don't think he's the answer, I did start to think about how it might be nice if we got someone in that could get us organised and playing like a team.

Obviously I still love Souness and think he'll get us into the Champions' League though. :unsure:

Enjoy your curry, Leazes, and let's see where this weekend leaves NUFC eh?  Listening on the way in to the radio and they were saying Allardyce is being lined up - now as much as I don't think he's the answer, I did start to think about how it might be nice if we got someone in that could get us organised and playing like a team.

Obviously I still love Souness and think he'll get us into the Champions' League though. :unsure:

63675[/snapback]

Souness lover. Hissssssssssssssss

For various reasons, I've never been so demotivated to go to the match in a long time. There'll be a very nervous atmosphere tomorrow and I think the crowd will be very quick to get on the teams back, rightly or wrongly. If it's 0-0 at half time I predict some defeaning boos...

Stunning performance.

63591[/snapback]

;)

63596[/snapback]

A real man would have been at the match tbh. :unsure:

Enjoy your curry, Leazes, and let's see where this weekend leaves NUFC eh?  Listening on the way in to the radio and they were saying Allardyce is being lined up - now as much as I don't think he's the answer, I did start to think about how it might be nice if we got someone in that could get us organised and playing like a team.

63675[/snapback]

There's been some talk of O'Neil being interested in the job and personally I think he'd be our best option. Fat boy is never going to bring in a foreign manager so we have to expect someone domestic and obviously O'Neil has the right pedigree. It would mean that no compensation would be necessary too which I'm sure is something that would appeal!

O'Neil has the right pedigree

63744[/snapback]

Won a few trophies in Scotland when the rivals were struggling and a league cup in England - hmm - sounds familiar.

I've always disliked O'Neill - i think he's what I call a football murderer in how he plays the game. This can be effective but I don't think it would "suit" Newcastle. The same apllies to Allardyce.

Another point I'd make is that the "Geordie nation" posts claiming Freddie will favour Shearer ignore the fact that the last shortlist consisted of Irishmen, Scots and Mancs. That doesn't mean he'll go foreign of course but I think the Shearer case is overstated.

63744[/snapback]

Won a few trophies in Scotland when the rivals were struggling and a league cup in England - hmm - sounds familiar.

I've always disliked O'Neill - i think he's what I call a football murderer in how he plays the game. This can be effective but I don't think it would "suit" Newcastle. The same apllies to Allardyce.

Another point I'd make is that the "Geordie nation" posts claiming Freddie will favour Shearer ignore the fact that the last shortlist consisted of Irishmen, Scots and Mancs. That doesn't mean he'll go foreign of course but I think the Shearer case is overstated.

63752[/snapback]

I agree with that statement about O'Neill, everyone seems to rate him a lot more highly than I do, including the ManU board if persistent rumours are to be believed.

Don't agree about 'Big Sam' though, I like what I hear about him being an innovator and I'd like to see what he'd do with a 'proper' team at his disposal.

63744[/snapback]

63752[/snapback]

Tend to agree. However the one advantage O'Neill has over Souness, and no it isn't a tongue in cheek jibe at Souness here on this occasion - is that O'Neill at least has intelligence and would realise he may have to adapt his methods to be successful.

How was the curry Leazes?

64300[/snapback]

canny mate cheers. Did the rounds around a few pubs, then bhajis etc, chicken madras etc

Unfortunately, Souness is still here :icon_lol: