Redknapp to Portsmouth?

peasepud

Jeeeeeezus H!

It seems Harry is top target as next Portsmouth manager.

So lets get this straight, he leaves them to 'take a break' joins their bitterest rivals, takes them down and then goes back to Portsmouth.

Local hero or what?

In Southampton however, he may not be so popular. :unsure:

Southampton have only got themselves to blame after the Clive Woodward/Simon Clifford shambles. Woodward has said he wants to take over from Redknapp - personally I hope the bloke does, and falls flat on his face.

Did you know that re: the 2003 Rugby World Cup, it's rumoured that Martin Johnson controlled the dressing room, i.e. did all the team talks etc. while Woodward controlled all the off the field organisation. It would certainly help to explain the recent Lions debacle. He also has a reputation for arrogance which would also explain why he thought he could walk into to football and be a success.

Rubert Lowe comes across as a right smug twat like. As for Woodward, there's always been something I don't like about him. There was a Southampton fan on Sky Sports saying there's a rumour that Woodward is on the the same salary as Redknapp which is why old Harry is pissed off with the whole situation.

Rubert Lowe comes across as a right smug twat like. As for Woodward, there's always been something I don't like about him. There was a Southampton fan on Sky Sports saying there's a rumour that Woodward is on the the same salary as Redknapp which is why old Harry is pissed off with the whole situation.

63681[/snapback]

Plus Rupert Lowe's been into football for about 5 minutes hasn't he?

Did you know that re: the 2003 Rugby World Cup, it's rumoured that Martin Johnson controlled the dressing room, i.e. did all the team talks etc. while Woodward controlled all the off the field organisation. It would certainly help to explain the recent Lions debacle. He also has a reputation for arrogance which would also explain why he thought he could walk into to football and be a success.

63679[/snapback]

Aye it does make sense. There's a lot of ex-England rugby players that think that Woodward had the best squad of players by a mile at the WC and contrived to make very hard work of winning the thing - not quite winning it despite, rather than because of him, but definitely making harder work of it than it should have been. I suspect that there's an element of envy with some of these players that they weren't involved, but I don't think others' opinions of him are as high as his own.

63681[/snapback]

Plus Rupert Lowe's been into football for about 5 minutes hasn't he?

63682[/snapback]

Aye, the story is he went to his first football game then decided he wanted to buy the club. I was very surprised Redknapp agreed to Jim Smith getting the push to free up the finances to pay for Woodward, especially as he was told Smith had to go for cost cutting measures. Turns out Woodward is earning twice as much as Smith did. Strange goings on.

63679[/snapback]

Aye it does make sense. There's a lot of ex-England rugby players that think that Woodward had the best squad of players by a mile at the WC and contrived to make very hard work of winning the thing - not quite winning it despite, rather than because of him, but definitely making harder work of it than it should have been. I suspect that there's an element of envy with some of these players that they weren't involved, but I don't think others' opinions of him are as high as his own.

63685[/snapback]

Was out with a Saints fan last night and we both were talking about how Woodward won the WC because he had the best squad of players in the world at the time, not because of his tactics.

He (my friend) just lurves Woodward :unsure:

In Southampton however, he may not be so popular.  :unsure:

63672[/snapback]

They're practically pushing him out of the door apparently, they want Dave Bassett or George Burley instead ;)

Fucking stupid Pompey fans on the local radio last night reckoned Redknapp is a double-agent and only went to Scum to relegate them...

:(

63672[/snapback]

They're practically pushing him out of the door apparently, they want Dave Bassett or George Burley instead ;)

Fucking stupid Pompey fans on the local radio last night reckoned Redknapp is a double-agent and only went to Scum to relegate them...

63709[/snapback]

Do you reckon they were serious like? :(

63672[/snapback]

63709[/snapback]

Do you reckon they were serious like? :(

63710[/snapback]

The one they had on a phone in last night certainly was. He was asked how they could welcome him back with open arms when they branded him a 'Judas' less than 12 months ago.....

And that was his reply - the guys in the studio were cracking up like....