Dan Gosling

Drifter

I've heard he's nearing a comeback and kicked a ball for the first time since his injury the other day. This was in last nights chronicle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-27544144/

Hughton says 'He'll be like a January signing' so maybe take that as the coffers are closed in January. It looks like he'll be in contention some time around the new year.

I've heard he's nearing a comeback and kicked a ball for the first time since his injury the other day. This was in last nights chronicle.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-27544144/

Hughton says 'He'll be like a January signing' so maybe take that as the coffers are closed in January. It looks like he'll be in contention some time around the new year.

Cheers mate.

Whats the latest on his road to recovery. :nufc:and i for one cant wait to see him in the Black and White stripes

not good enough for Everton ?

So you think he's average then,?

Whats the latest on his road to recovery. :nufc:and i for one cant wait to see him in the Black and White stripes

He was good enough for Everton to offer him 15k a week which he turned down, then they fucked up so he was a free agent. He's only young like, let's not write him off before he's even kicked a ball for us eh?

He was good enough for Everton to offer him 15k a week which he turned down, then they fucked up so he was a free agent. He's only young like, let's not write him off before he's even kicked a ball for us eh?

What did we end up paying for him (weekly wages)? Is this known?

What did we end up paying for him (weekly wages)? Is this known?

no idea, hope we're not paying him more than 20k. We might have offered him more first team football but it's hard to see where he'd even fit into the team at the moment (unless he's good at right back :D )

15 grand a week ? I'm not surprised, in premiership football terms. Maybe Everton are going down the same road as we are now and won't hold onto any top players they manage to find in footballs bargain basement. Never mind, they are a solvent club going nowhere fast, with people jumping on a solitary couple of seasons as "proof" that such an approach brings you success. Because it does not. Would you swap Evertons period of "good bookkeeping" for our champions League and european exploits ?

Not good enough for Everton. If he was, and they wanted to keep him and had ambition, they would have offered him more money. Simple as that.

15 grand a week ? I'm not surprised, in premiership football terms. Maybe Everton are going down the same road as we are now and won't hold onto any top players they manage to find in footballs bargain basement. Never mind, they are a solvent club going nowhere fast, with people jumping on a solitary couple of seasons as "proof" that such an approach brings you success. Because it does not. Would you swap Evertons period of "good bookkeeping" for our champions League and european exploits ?

Not good enough for Everton. If he was, and they wanted to keep him and had ambition, they would have offered him more money. Simple as that.

No, obviously.

They were to offer him more money but missed the deadline to make a new offer due to a mistake on someone part, they were due 4 million in compensation if they had kept him and someone wanted to buy him so they very much wanted to keep him, it was just an error that led to him leaving coupled with him knowing he could get better money elsewhere due to Everton being fairly stingy in terms of wages.

Apart from after relegation, which ones have we failed to hold on to like? :D

remind us when your man Mike bought the club again :rimshot:

remind us when your man Mike bought the club again :)

23 May 2007 :rimshot:

Have to say LM while I often can take on board your point, at the moment you are using the same stick to beat any comment possible. surely its worn down by down? Can't you see that potentially taking advantage of the Gosling situation was a good bit of business?

I dislike Fat Mike as much as the next bloke, but that doesnt mean I have to dismiss any and every action taken by the club/staff while in his tenure?

Have to say LM while I often can take on board your point, at the moment you are using the same stick to beat any comment possible. surely its worn down by down? Can't you see that potentially taking advantage of the Gosling situation was a good bit of business?

I dislike Fat Mike as much as the next bloke, but that doesnt mean I have to dismiss any and every action taken by the club/staff while in his tenure?

Alright Mohammed Do-Gooder Guardian reading liberal

• 1 month later...