Where did the Toon finish the year you was born ?

Drifter

I was born near the beginning of the 73-74 season, (September). We finished 9th in the 1st division. A Wembley final in my first year but it was "Keegan 2, Heighway 1, Liverpool 3, Newcastle none" to quote David Coleman. ;)

Same year as me, we were 15th in 73-74, which i counted as the year i was born as am at the end of August so the previous season had finished.

I'm the year after then if that's the criteria, which makes more sense like. I wasn't born when the season finished in '74.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born near the beginning of the 73-74 season, (September). We finished 9th in the 1st division. A Wembley final in my first year but it was "Keegan 2, Heighway 1, Liverpool 3, Newcastle none" to quote David Coleman. :razz:

Same year as me, we were 15th in 73-74, which i counted as the year i was born as am at the end of August so the previous season had finished.

It's awkward to work out what season to put! ;)

1990 and I have no idea

Play offs in the 2nd Division. Played Sunderland in the playoff semi's. 0-0 at Roker and in the replay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vkTXwO98sc

Ahhh yes, the year you lot went up as an absolute fix!

Aye thats right ;)

Did you or did you not win the play off final?

No, but it didn't matter, which essentially made the Playoff semi the final :razz:

1990 and I have no idea

Play offs in the 2nd Division. Played Sunderland in the playoff semi's. 0-0 at Roker and in the replay...

Aye thats right :razz:

No, but it didn't matter, which essentially made the Playoff semi the final :razz:

As I said.. absolute fix! You were promoted because the club who won it were punished for something that happened 2 years previous under previous chairman / manager / players. How can that 'not matter'? ;)

And how can you say it make the semi the final? At the time none of the Swindon controversy was known so both clubs were playing for a game at Wembley - NOT to see who would go up. I remember clearly at the time that Newcastle and Sunderland fans alike were gutted that it hadn't contrived that the actually final was between the two clubs.

1990 and I have no idea

Aye thats right :razz:

As I said.. absolute fix! You were promoted because the club who won it were punished for something that happened 2 years previous under previous chairman / manager / players. How can that 'not matter'? ;)

And how can you say it make the semi the final? At the time none of the Swindon controversy was known so both clubs were playing for a game at Wembley - NOT to see who would go up. I remember clearly at the time that Newcastle and Sunderland fans alike were gutted that it hadn't contrived that the actually final was between the two clubs.

Alright man calm down, jeez 1st post I thought i'd go for a little bit of a wind up :icon_lol:

Haven't a fucking clue and can't be boshed to find out. But I know we won the Cup, 1932. :razz:

Ootism FTW

OOCish tbf.

Noelie you old bastid, which half of '32 (31/32 or 32/33) and someone will work it out for you, a bit like those nurses and your meds! ;)

]Haven't a fucking clue and can't be boshed to find out. But I know we won the Cup, 1932.[/b] :razz:

Ootism FTW

OOCish tbf.

Noelie you old bastid, which half of '32 (31/32 or 32/33) and someone will work it out for you, a bit like those nurses and your meds! ;)

Barney worked it out, I'll take the 5th. :razz: Those nurses are quite accomodating. :icon_lol:

Born Dec '76 so 5th in the 76/77 season.

EDIT: Noelie, are you seriously an Septuagenarian?

About as serious as you can get when yer 77 maggiepaws, will be 78 on December 13th. Don't send me flowers. ;)