Squad news for Villa

East Stander

From club site

TURKISH midfielder Emre will sit out Saturday's home game with Aston Villa after picking up a hamstring injury in the Carling Cup clash at Wigan.

The former Inter Milan star limped out of the 1-0 defeat at the JJB Stadium on Wednesday, and boss Graeme Souness confirmed that his summer signing will not figure against David O'Leary's side.

"Emre had a scan yesterday and it shows he's got a strain," said Souness.

"It's high up on his hamstring, but it's not a major tear so we'll have to wait and see how he is in a few days.

"But he will play no part on Saturday against Aston Villa."

Souness is also without Michael Owen (groin), while Celestine Babayaro is banned and Stephen Carr remains on the sidelines. Kieron Dyer won't figure, nor will Steven Taylor who is still some way off a return after damaging his shoulder, while Craig Moore is the other player in the treatment room.

Shola Ameobi and Titus Bramble both return to the squad after missing the Wigan game with minor injuries.

Souness will choose his team from the following squad: Ameobi, Boumsong, Bowyer, Bramble, Brittain, Chopra, Clark, Elliott, Faye, Given, Harper, Luque, N'Zogbia, Parker, Ramage, Shearer, Solano.

Is that twat Owen feigning injury again? :(

63772[/snapback]

Did you hear me, Shola's back man! Did you see that goal he scored against the celebs? :unsure:

63773[/snapback]

;)

You coming au pub tomorrow, Davide?

63772[/snapback]

Did you hear me, Shola's back man! Did you see that goal he scored against the celebs? :unsure:

63773[/snapback]

;)

63776[/snapback]

I won't be there if that's alright. I'm going wth the group of blokes I've aways gone with for the next few home games, I think it'll help me and them tbh. I was thinking about not going tomorrow if I'm honest, but one of the lads told me last week that they're going to break down my door and drag me there kicking and screaming. :(

63772[/snapback]

63773[/snapback]

;)

63776[/snapback]

I won't be there if that's alright. I'm going wth the group of blokes I've aways gone with for the next few home games, I think it'll help me and them tbh. I was thinking about not going tomorrow if I'm honest, but one of the lads told me last week that they're going to break down my door and drag me there kicking and screaming. :(

63780[/snapback]

Why aye no bother mate. I understand. Hope your day goes alreet anyway.

Hope tomorrow goes OK for you SLP and that it's not too weird.

And hope the old fella is watching down and brings us some luck - fuck knows we need it!

And hope the old fella is watching down and brings us some luck - fuck knows we need it!

63783[/snapback]

Cheers lads, I'm feeling much better now, but I think tomorrow is going to be obvious there is someone missing which me and the lads (some of whom have gone to the match with him for 30 years) are going to find a bit difficult.

Funny story; He left a note with the solicitor for my mam that I'm not allowed to read. Anyway, in it he's said that if he dies in service he knows my mam will get a canny pay out so he's asked her to allocate the money to certain things. He's left me a pot of money but it not to be used for anything apart from buying my season ticket for the next couple of seasons. A lot might say 'awww bless', but not me, the funny twat has done it on purpose! BASTID! :unsure:

63783[/snapback]

Cheers lads, I'm feeling much better now, but I think tomorrow is going to be obvious there is someone missing which me and the lads (some of whom have gone to the match with him for 30 years) are going to find a bit difficult.

Funny story; He left a note with the solicitor for my mam that I'm not allowed to read. Anyway, in it he's said that if he dies in service he knows my mam will get a canny pay out so he's asked her to allocate the money to certain things. He's left me a pot of money but it not to be used for anything apart from buying my season ticket for the next couple of seasons. A lot might say 'awww bless', but not me, the funny twat has done it on purpose! BASTID! :unsure:

63788[/snapback]

;) Class.

Edited by Gemmill

That's fucking evil! :unsure:

Back to back relegations and you'll have to resign yourself to watching League One football! Still at least you can keep up with your sooperfan status! ;)

It's a bequest so I'm knackered. My mam said he'd put something like 'I've escaped but he's not getting off so lightly.' My face was a picture when she told me, and I could just imagine him pointing and laughing at me. Legacy leaving bastid. :unsure:

I remember when people said they hoped we would lose against sunderland so that we would get a new manager. A lot of people (me included) had a go and told them to get a life. i mean who would wish us to lose against sunderland!

.....Im quite happy that we only got a skeleton squad to put out against villa though, especially if these allardyce rumours are true :unsure: