Hughton given vote of confidence

Mac-Toon

Just listening to 5live and the club have realised a statement saying "Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, and we are re-negotiating his contract presently".

Best bit of news I've heard all week. Seems the club aren't allowing the media to fabricate stories about us to fill the sheets.

Or, is it the dreaded vote of confidence only for him to walk around new year?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to 5live and the club have realised a statement saying "Chris is our manager, he will remain our manager, and we are re-negotiating his contract presently".

Best bit of news I've heard all week. Seems the club aren't allowing the media to fabricate stories about us to fill the sheets.

means nothing, if we lose to the mackams and another few games after that I can see him getting sacked but I reckon we'll pick up enough points to please the fat conductor for now.

I said it was the best news all week, tongue in cheek. I've no doubt it means nothing because it's all judged on results and so far they've been acceptable enough. I'm sure his win % since taking over full time will be up there. Granted, at a lower level for the majority of the time.

Edited by Mac-Toon

Panic button might be pressed for no reason. Par for the course with this lot.

MA: What's that big red button? I want to touch it.

lambcurryare: I dunghno.. press it and see what happens...

Edited by Park Life

"Chris is our manager"

Didn't they say they were going to keep their fool mouths shut?

Media blackout as far as I was aware. I'm sure a statement was released in the summer about it. They're on a wing and a prayer with every ill thoughtout decision they make. Fuckin' cowboys.

What i can see happenin is we will get the new year and when Chris asks for money to spend as part of the new deal he will get told no point blank and be forced to leave.

Personally i want him to stay in charge, keep us up and then at the end of the season when we are safe MA fucks off and sells us.

Possibility?

What i can see happenin is we will get the new year and when Chris asks for money to spend as part of the new deal he will get told no point blank and be forced to leave.

Personally i want him to stay in charge, keep us up and then at the end of the season when we are safe MA fucks off and sells us.

Possibility?

Any money he will get to spend in January will be a fraction of anything made through shippin' out some dead wood. But then who is of any value that is worth losing? The players surplus to requirements that we have are worth pennies. Best, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor (possibly cheap with him not having signed an extension and Ashley will definitely cash in if he thinks he'll go for free.

I like Chris, seems genuine, honest and has no doubt built a strong spirit within the squad. He's the perfect manager for Ashleys regime though - cos he's new to the profession, at a massive club and doesn't seem like he'd give Ashley much grief.

I don't know if MA is actually capable of selling the club - no doubt would fill any prospective buyers full of shit and they'd run a mile.

Possibility?

Any money he will get to spend in January will be a fraction of anything made through shippin' out some dead wood. But then who is of any value that is worth losing? The players surplus to requirements that we have are worth pennies. Best, Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor (possibly cheap with him not having signed an extension and Ashley will definitely cash in if he thinks he'll go for free.

I like Chris, seems genuine, honest and has no doubt built a strong spirit within the squad. He's the perfect manager for Ashleys regime though - cos he's new to the profession, at a massive club and doesn't seem like he'd give Ashley much grief.

I don't know if MA is actually capable of selling the club - no doubt would fill any prospective buyers full of shit and they'd run a mile.

Not while he's asking 400m for it no.

Commentators were belting on about it before the game. Don't see how this talk could have actually picked up after the win over West Ham, doesn't make sense.

The club should have reassured Chris behind closed doors and not entered into this sort of 'discussion' with the press etc. We don't need any distractions ahead of the game on Sunday.

The vote of confidence is normally bye bye, but we shall see.

Just a correction....

"Chris (Hughton) is our manager, and he'll remain our manager, and we will renegotiate his contract at the end of the year."

Just a correction....

"Chris (Hughton) is our manager, and he'll remain our manager, and we will renegotiate his contract at the end of the year."

Apologies, for that. I was just writing what I could gather from the quick statement on the radio.

I think no matter what happens with CH, we won't get blamed for driving him out for a change. Even the rags realise Ashley is a better scapegoat for them to sell papers than the fans of our club.

Typical of the club tbh. Making a statement to quell the speculation and, in the course of doing so, having the opposite effect.

Typically following the statement that club won't be making any statements.

I think they view policy's as being there to be broken.

Aren't we in the process of offering a contract to a prospective assistant manager? If we're undertaking that process AND the club genuinely have the confidence in Chris Hughton that they're claiming, surely it makes more sense to have the pair of them commit to a new contract at the same time?

Stinks to high heaven IYAM. And we'll be blamed when CH is (wrongly) shown the door.