Hughton given vote of confidence

Mac-Toon

It's not just the results on the pitch that endears hughton to me, its the contrast with jfk. He refuses to be ma

's mouthpiece and doesn't treat the fans like mugs. I'm willing to bet he is one of the 3 worst paid managers in the league too!

:lol:

£5k a week I heard btw.

Thats a joke like isn't it. 20 years ago it would have been seen as scandalous for any player to earn more than the manager. But for the entire starting XI to be on more than the boss is taking the piss.

Aye.

I think he's basically on the terms of the two-year contract he got as KK's assistant, which runs out this summer. If we're not careful other clubs'll come knocking as he's a respected coach and he'd be on more than that as an assistant / coach elsewhere, let alone a manager's job.

Incidentally I heard Steve Clarke was interviewed but wouldn't come as he wanted a canny bit more than what Hughton is currently on and to put that figure into context Matt off here told me Clarke is still getting £40k a week from West Ham. Which I can actually believe.

:angry:

Premiership football is off it's fucking head.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deserves a raise, that's for sure. A win against Blackburn in a little over a week and I'd say he'd be in a great position to negotiate one. The club would be mad to mistreat him and risk him walking away when his contract is up and there's a better offer on the table elsewhere. Has obviously endeared himself to the players and has them playing as one team which is far more important than big money trophy signings and the like.

All said and done though he still has a lot of learning to do, but definitely seems like the kind of guy that will take everything on board.

It's not just the results on the pitch that endears hughton to me, its the contrast with jfk. He refuses to be ma

's mouthpiece and doesn't treat the fans like mugs. I'm willing to bet he is one of the 3 worst paid managers in the league too!

:icon_lol:

£5k a week I heard btw.

Thats a joke like isn't it. 20 years ago it would have been seen as scandalous for any player to earn more than the manager. But for the entire starting XI to be on more than the boss is taking the piss.

Aye.

I think he's basically on the terms of the two-year contract he got as KK's assistant, which runs out this summer. If we're not careful other clubs'll come knocking as he's a respected coach and he'd be on more than that as an assistant / coach elsewhere, let alone a manager's job.

Incidentally I heard Steve Clarke was interviewed but wouldn't come as he wanted a canny bit more than what Hughton is currently on and to put that figure into context Matt off here told me Clarke is still getting £40k a week from West Ham. Which I can actually believe.

:lol:

Premiership football is off it's fucking head.

it's going to implode like. Soon.

What I don't get is why the PFA don't attempt to do something about it. Do they really think its good for all of their members that the top 10% or so are creaming off all the money while 50-60% further down the leagues are relatively speaking fucked up or playing for clubs that are increasingly going out of business.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/co...icle618853.html

Turns out Simon Bird isn't a cunt after all.

An absolute cracking piece that for once seems to actually tell it like it is. I also agree with the overall cautious stance the club are taking in general. An offer has been made and rejected and both sides have agreed to re-negogiate once the season has been played out. Probably a good result for both parties.

The best outcome will be continued good form on the pitch. That will mean that come February, Hughton, hopefully bolstered by a new No2 chosen by him, and with Premier League safety on the horizon, will be able to negotiate from a position of strength, as a prove top flight boss.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/co...icle618853.html

Turns out Simon Bird isn't a cunt after all.

"Remember Sam Allardyce walked away with £3 million-plus and now has a lovely villa in Spain named Casa St James".

What a fat headed twat.

I actually assumed that was a joke, but having googled it, it's true. What a fucking arsehole.

Think he'd at least have the subtlety to call it Casa Santiago. Heard about that like. What it tells me is that Ashley had a canny bit more money knocking around then than he does now and also highlights his lack of 'planning'.

Do these so called journalists not get embarrassed after writing utter wank like that? they cant surely sit back and think they've wrote a compelling well written article.

Looks like they're getting fed up that we're not a big public circus that we've been in the past wasn't it around this time last year they started just writing shit and making stuff up in all?

Do these so called journalists not get embarrassed after writing utter wank like that? they cant surely sit back and think they've wrote a compelling well written article.

I've seen better posts from Songbird than that article.

Speaking of which... where is that Mackem tramp?

I hear his team got beat on sunday. How true that is, I have no idea. :lol::icon_lol::lol:

Find The Mackems tbh.

I know it's a massive, MASSIVE "if" but if we keep up form like this throughout the season CH could possibly get the manager of the year award, I really hope for his sake we keep it up, he deserves a huge deal of credit for what he's done so far.

• 1 month later...