Hughton given vote of confidence

Mac-Toon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I firmly believe that he has what it takes to keep us up this season and to be perfectly honest that is all we should be aiming at. We'll get a few dodgy results along the way (like we have already), but we're good enough to stay up - even with the likes of Ben Arfa out - if you ask me and our team spirit will be a huge bonus in our fight.

I'd have no problem seeing him get a 2-3 year contract.

Edited by Tecato

I'd have no problem seeing him get a 2-3 year contract.

I'd give him a 5 year contract and get Nolan lined up to be his assistant when he stops playing. Stability is what we've been missing for years.

It's not just the results on the pitch that endears hughton to me, its the contrast with jfk. He refuses to be ma

's mouthpiece and doesn't treat the fans like mugs. I'm willing to bet he is one of the 3 worst paid managers in the league too!

It's not just the results on the pitch that endears hughton to me, its the contrast with jfk. He refuses to be ma

's mouthpiece and doesn't treat the fans like mugs. I'm willing to bet he is one of the 3 worst paid managers in the league too!

:angry:

£5k a week I heard btw.

Considering the lukewarm reception his appointment received, and his conduct from day 1, I am delighted for Hughton.

Let's not forget, last season he brought us back in a manner none of us could have dreamed of, he has pasted Villa 6-0 and the Unwashed 5-1.

Undoubtedly there are aspects he can improve on, but there are very few managers that can't be said for.

When he was asked on Sky post match,how it felt to hear his name sung,I swear he had a moistening of the eyes!

In a time when football is full of mercenaries and those looking for a quick buck, we've done tremendously to land Hughton.

A true gentleman and top man manager aswell. Long may his reign continue.

£5k a week I heard btw.

Thats a joke like isn't it. 20 years ago it would have been seen as scandalous for any player to earn more than the manager. But for the entire starting XI to be on more than the boss is taking the piss.

£5k a week I heard btw.

Thats a joke like isn't it. 20 years ago it would have been seen as scandalous for any player to earn more than the manager. But for the entire starting XI to be on more than the boss is taking the piss.

Aye.

I think he's basically on the terms of the two-year contract he got as KK's assistant, which runs out this summer. If we're not careful other clubs'll come knocking as he's a respected coach and he'd be on more than that as an assistant / coach elsewhere, let alone a manager's job.

Incidentally I heard Steve Clarke was interviewed but wouldn't come as he wanted a canny bit more than what Hughton is currently on and to put that figure into context Matt off here told me Clarke is still getting £40k a week from West Ham. Which I can actually believe.