Help.....

Thompson

For christ sake sombody help is, this is driving me fucking bananas. Theres a speech bubble which keeps coming up in the system tray from a white red x in a red circle saying 'Your computer is infected blah dee blah', it's posing as a legitimate windows warning but whenever i click the x at the top, 2 seconds later the little cunt pops up again. I've tried running adawar and microsoft antispyware but nowt has cleared it. Any ideas?

Spybot

Ad-Aware

Download and install these two programs. Run them more than once because its not unknown for the to miss something first time.

If that doesn't work *whispers* nip over to N-O and ask Andy or StevieH84 what to do next, they're really good at sorting out this sort of thing.

You might need this too:

Hijack This

Wahey, i finally found a program to remove it. Found it on some obscure techy forum! Now i have the problem that my homepage gets re-directed...How do a change that? ;)

63990[/snapback]

Depends on where it gets redirected to. Theres a few "search" portals out there that do this kind of shit. Usually its best to let the page load and then take a hunt through the site for FAQs etc. Somewhere hidden behind the "buy videos of men bucking llamas" and ads for penis enlargement (dont bother they dont work, cost a fortune and arent dishwasher safe no matter what the ad says... :unsure: ) will be a little tiny bit saying "if you want to uninstall click here" or summit like that.