Dinner in town

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mam's love the Botanist.

Ask for seats over-looking Grey Street rather than in the bar. Much more chintzy in that room.

Perfect, cheers HF

Does BHS still have a restaurant? You could get sausage, chips and beans in there. Not sure what your folks will fancy?

Reminds me of so many shopping trips with my mam, getting dragged into BHS while begging to go to McDonald's.

Actually quite grateful for it now. :lol:

Fish, I'm out all day Saturday so let me know where you're going and I'll make sure to be on the other side of town

:good:

If The Botanist doesn't tickle their fancy, Jamie's Italian is just next door and I enjoyed that. Bit hard not to think of the fucking state the kitchens must be in if they're owt like his on 30 MInute Meals, like

Aye I saw that, and after looking at pictures most of the afternoon the Botanist might be a little too trendy for them. Although I'd love to see my mam patiently wait for the plate that's supposed to come with her Fish and Chips and my Dad flip the table when the waiter hipstersplains that it's supposed to come in a wooden fruit box...

The-Botanist-2.jpg

Aye I saw that, and after looking at pictures most of the afternoon the Botanist might be a little too trendy for them. Although I'd love to see my mam patiently wait for the plate that's supposed to come with her Fish and Chips and my Dad flip the table when the waiter hipstersplains that it's supposed to come in a wooden fruit box...

The-Botanist-2.jpg

:lol:

Aye, but if you choose a meal that comes on a plate, it's a lovely patterned china plate.

Would love to watch Dave's dad trying to pour the tartare sauce through the spout of that watering can, while Dave uses a tiny wheelbarrow to fetch his chips over to the ketchup.

:lol:

I see the whole of the area of old Eldon square is being converted to restaurants BTW. Going to be a stupid amount of restaurants from Eldon square, right down Grey street and Dean street, and on to the quayside.