Nobby

Jusoda Kid

A lot of people have forgotten how shit he was before he left. He linked things up nicely against Sunderland but he still didnt really do what I'd like from a RW. Every game he seems to be on instruction to just move inside rather than get down the wing and get some crosses in.

Edited by luckypierre

A lot of people have forgotten how shit he was before he left. He linked things up nicely against Sunderland but he still didnt really do what I'd like from a RW. Every game he seems to be on instruction to just move inside rather than get down the wing and get some crosses in.

64014[/snapback]

Playing on the right of a 4 doesn't mean you're an orthodox winger.

I'm also not sure what the point is in Solano hugging the touchline and chucking crosses in anyway if there's nobody likely to be on the end of it. Ameobi is shit in the air and Shearer is well past it.

Possibly being one of the biggest fans of Nobby, it does gall me to have to say that so far his contribution has been next to nowt in terms of actual end product - i.e. goals. He did look OK when he had Carr overlapping and bombing down the right but has only had this for one game (I think off the top of my head).

Also, even when he was doing well for us he would disappear in most away games.

Even when playing in a wide role since returning he has spent too much of his time moving into a more central position. Is this the advice of the tactical genius or the choice of the player - either way at least one of them should have realised that this isn't working.

Possibly being one of the biggest fans of Nobby, it does gall me to have to say that so far his contribution has been next to nowt in terms of actual end product - i.e. goals.  He did look OK when he had Carr overlapping and bombing down the right but has only had this for one game (I think off the top of my head).

Even when playing in a wide role since returning he has spent too much of his time moving into a more central position. Is this the advice of the tactical genius or the choice of the player - either way at least one of them should have realised that this isn't working.

64016[/snapback]

Agree with that. I do think he's under instructions to come inside a lot more, he said so himself, but even so, he's still not playing well. In the games I've seen, a lot of it was down to there being no movement from the players ahead of him though. We need to get Owen and Dyer on the pitch to use his link-up play and passing better. I've been a bit disappointed with his set-pieces as well.

Possibly being one of the biggest fans of Nobby, it does gall me to have to say that so far his contribution has been next to nowt in terms of actual end product - i.e. goals.  He did look OK when he had Carr overlapping and bombing down the right but has only had this for one game (I think off the top of my head).

64016[/snapback]

Agree with that. I do think he's under instructions to come inside a lot more, he said so himself, but even so, he's still not playing well. In the games I've seen, a lot of it was down to there being no movement from the players ahead of him though. We need to get Owen and Dyer on the pitch to use his link-up play and passing better. I've been a bit disappointed with his set-pieces as well.

64020[/snapback]

Thats pretty much how I feel. I've been hoping it's lack of match fitness, but he's played a few now. The cutting inside thing is getting right on my tits though. He crowds the midfield and it's not as though he's becoming the ultimate playmaker whilst in there either.

I'm hoping it's Souness' tactical ineptness that's causing Nobby to play so bad rather than SBR recognising something many of us didn't and selling him.

Solano has been disapinting but then who hasn't ?

Its the formation and thr manager that are the problem IMHO

No width, no strikers

64192[/snapback]

Just about sums it up.

Even with 'wingers' getting to the by-line and putting crosses in, though, there would have to be someone in the box to take advantage. Unfortunately, there isn't as Shearer is too slow, Chopra is too slow/small/weak and Ameobi is still wondering if actually busting a gut to get in there would be too much effort!

since we signed him.

No diehard Nobby fans crying please, it's the truth and if you deny it you don't know your head from your asshole.

Doesn't look fit to me tbh

63997[/snapback]

missing bellamy's forward runs and movement .........

since we signed him.

No diehard Nobby fans crying please, it's the truth and if you deny it you don't know your head from your asshole.

63997[/snapback]

64282[/snapback]

Fully agree mate, we could definitely do with him up front now

Good to see we're all reading from the same hymn book. One of my mates reckons souness has gave him a free role in the team, is this true?

64046[/snapback]

Thats what he said in an interview, he also said something along the lines of "It's not always possible to go down the wing and get balls in so I have to come inside"

since we signed him.

63997[/snapback]

64282[/snapback]

If the shithouse they call Dyer can get himself fit then maybe he could make the Bellamyesque style runs.

since we signed him.

63997[/snapback]

It's a fact, it's a thing we can't deny just like there are Nine Million Bicycles in Bejiing

...... sorry couldn't resist it. Mrs Paws currently has the Katie Melua album on :icon_lol:

since we signed him.

63997[/snapback]

It's a fact, it's a thing we can't deny just like there are Nine Million Bicycles in Bejiing

...... sorry couldn't resist it. Mrs Paws currently has the Katie Melua album on :icon_lol:

64338[/snapback]

That song is fucking horrendous. Burn it!

He looked like he'd been what we were missing against the mackems. Since then, nowt. I'd like to know how many crosses he's put in since returning.

64528[/snapback]

Me too, single figures i'd imagine.