Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle United FC

Nobby

Tiote is the key to everything we do now. He is the rock we have been missing since Batty. He has the confidence and the presence to lock it down. Watching him covering space and balancing and re-balancing our def posture is a real joy.

I love the way the rest of them have cottoned on to the fact that he's always available and never loses it. The last player we had who I was as confident of taking a ball even if marked was Rob Lee.

Definitely the case, the more they play alongside him the more they see how much time he gives himself and how safe he is to pass to, so he gets alot of possession which means we play better because the guy is class!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was absolutely tremendous. Front to Back we were excellent.

Krul's making a massive case to be number 1. Harper can't come off his line and he can't kick a ball. I think Krul looks more alive and maybe shows more all round awareness than Harps.

The back four were unbelievable again. Simpson looked comfortable, given he's just come back from injury and the doubters he has. Collo and Willo steady as ever and Jose was strong as usual.

Bartons distribution is great to watch with them searching balls. I don't know what to say about Tiote, he's just always there. Gutierrez and Nolan played well but didn't have to be 10/10's today because of Tiote and Barton in next to them.

The forward line is full of heart, passion and most importantly talent. Carroll just keeps getting better imo, and Shola's showing signs that Sir Bobby was right in giving him his contract.

Maybe I'm over reacting but I'm happy as fuck with the lads in the last year and a half. When all the mercenaries fucked off to sit on benches elsewhere, the current crop fought for OUR club and have done is proud. Chris Hughton is the reason for this I think.

You'll probably disagree but I can't remember feeling so proud of a Newcastle squad for the job they are doing. We're a tight knit club for the first time in many many years and it's paying dividends.

Fuckin' loving this, like. Get in.

Tiote is the key to everything we do now. He is the rock we have been missing since Batty. He has the confidence and the presence to lock it down. Watching him covering space and balancing and re-balancing our def posture is a real joy.

I love the way the rest of them have cottoned on to the fact that he's always available and never loses it. The last player we had who I was as confident of taking a ball even if marked was Rob Lee.

Yup. You can see how 3 often crowd him as soon as he gets the ball, word has obvioulsy got round. The yellows are mounting mind.

Absolutely fantastic. Couldn't ask for any more from our players. Both Shola and Carroll were immense out there, both of them (but particularly Carroll) doing plenty of defending when required.

Our defense was great, Enrique nullified Walcott's pace, and Williamson and Coloccini were simply faultless. Simpson again played well and wasn't overwhelmed by the situation. Tiote showed the same compusure and close-control that we've seen from him against all oppositions, he has been a fantastic purchase and you cannot understate the value of a player like that who is so assured in posession and a good tackler and overall reader of the game. Off the ball he always moves into great positions and is aware of opposing players around him as well as the position of our players. Krul was fantastic, that save from the Nasri shot was a pivotal moment.

Quite remarkable that we've gone to the Emirates and left with three points having committed less fouls and having more posession of the ball. You'll be able to count on one hand with fingers to spare the number of teams who do that there this entire season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...rem/9150002.stm

I wonder what Mr Wenger will have to say after this, we were deserved winners and to rub salt into the wound Hughton was clearly the better dressed of the two managers (though with that ridiculous coat it wouldn't be hard).

Maybe I'm over reacting but I'm happy as fuck with the lads in the last year and a half. When all the mercenaries fucked off to sit on benches elsewhere, the current crop fought for OUR club and have done is proud. Chris Hughton is the reason for this I think.

Spot on. We've had much better squads in the past but the team spirit is unrivaled since KK first time round.

You'll probably disagree but I can't remember feeling so proud of a Newcastle squad for the job they are doing. We're a tight knit club for the first time in many many years and it's paying dividends.

I texted the same thing to a mate & mentioned it on Twitter. For the first time in a fair while im as proud as any Geordie to be supporting this club.

Champions league next season it is then!

Spot on. We've had much better squads in the past but the team spirit is unrivaled since KK first time round.

Agree pretty much, KK's era was something else that will never be matched, it was good during Bobby's best seasons, though the odd issue with Dyer etc. but for team spirit and a bunch of guys giving it everything for the fans, they're right up there.

Tiote is already a 10m def midfielder as far as I'm concerned. Better than Mikel and getting to the zone that Essien inhabits.

10m as a player, but if he keeps this up his value to us will be well, well in excess of that.

Tiote is already a 10m def midfielder as far as I'm concerned. Better than Mikel and getting to the zone that Essien inhabits.

Not sure who spotted him but hats off he's excellent. We'll make a pretty tidy profit on that one. :icon_lol:

Didn't Hughton say he'd been sent to watch him by Keegan a while back and that he'd kept him in his mind and floowed him since then?

Not sure who spotted him but hats off he's excellent. We'll make a pretty tidy profit on that one. :icon_lol:

Didn't Hughton say he'd been sent to watch him by Keegan a while back and that he'd kept him in his mind and floowed him since then?

Not heard that before.

Simpson is no mug and obviously must have some potential or he wouldn't have got a look in at Man U's youth system. It's looking like he could develop into a competent member of a back 4 that is comfortably PL quality. The team performance was immense, and there weren't any players who stood out significantly for me, such was the quality of each individual. All this against one of the best footballing sides in the country; it's easy to hammer dross like the mackems, but this is a result of real significance. We're making up for those home defeats now against the lesser sides and our performances are getting the results they deserve (unlike against City for instance). Hughton is my favourite manager since SBR now, the job he's done under difficult circumstances has been outstanding.

chris hughton is such a revelation, as important as keegan was. I think we'd be in the second division right now were kinnear still in charge, or most likely anyone else we could have got in

I hope to fuck ashley realises just how lucky he got

Not heard that before.

Took this from Tiote's recent interview:

Hughton, who has monitored Tioté ever since watching him in action at Roda JC while on a scouting mission for Kevin Keegan, believes it is not a fanciful ambition. "There are similarities between Cheik and Michael Essien," he says. "They're both great competitors, really strong individuals who have got that ability to control midfield. The one difference is that Essien probably gets forward a bit more and is capable of scoring more goals. But I always knew Cheik would do well in England; he has that type of build and mentality you want."

I know this doesn't specifiaclly say Hughton was sent to watch Tiote per say by Keegan, but i think he did imply that elsewhere, and that he always kept Tiote in his thoughts, with the intention to sign him. Because he did say whilst all the paper talk was about Ben Arfa etc. Tiote was the deal they'd been looking at longest.

im sure it was carr the newcastle scout that brought him to us think i heard the commentator say this but then you cant belive half the shit they come out with. :lol: