George Best's funeral

snakehips

Is it just me, or are the media going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top on this??

64026[/snapback]

Just you. The bloke was a legend, I'd take his company over any of todays tarts. One of the boys.

RIP George :unsure:

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

Is it just me, or are the media going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top on this??

64026[/snapback]

Just you. The bloke was a legend, I'd take his company over any of todays tarts. One of the boys.

RIP George :unsure:

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

Eh! Who pissed in your bed. This is MY opinion, you know free will, ability to think for yourself. Mind you its always big and cool to be alternative.

64026[/snapback]

Agree to some degree. Switched on 5 Live for the last half of Fighting Talk and they had the audio of his funeral, eulogies etc. Not had the TV on today so don't know what that coverage has been like.

64026[/snapback]

RIP George ;)

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

Eh! Who pissed in your bed. This is MY opinion, you know free will, ability to think for yourself. Mind you its always big and cool to be alternative.

64060[/snapback]

:unsure:

64026[/snapback]

RIP George ;)

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64026[/snapback]

RIP George :(

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64099[/snapback]

I'm right though. Micktoon decided it was just snakehips who thought it was over the top, and then stated it was purely his opinion. Bit of a contradiction me thinks ;)

I must admit I'm finding all this lamenting over George Best rather hard to swallow, I wouldn't mind if he had been held in this sainted regard before his death, prior to his passing he was just an alcoholic, womaniser, wastrell, who ballesd up his career when it all laid ahead of him.

Now in death he's been put on a pedistal between Princess Diana and Mother Teresa, and I'm feeling somewhat cynical about it, I think the icing on the cake was seeing Mark Lawrensen in tears on football-focus.

A sad time agreed, but its all gone way too far in my opinion.

64026[/snapback]

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64099[/snapback]

I'm right though. Micktoon decided it was just snakehips who thought it was over the top, and then stated it was purely his opinion. Bit of a contradiction me thinks ;)

64108[/snapback]

Who's a clever boy then. ´

I do however think its a shame that he's dead in the same way it shame how he waste his god given talent. My opinion, in the same way it was Snakehips opinon, i however did not feel the need to abuse him.

Also please excuse my ignorance, me not being a chatboard regular like all you clever people, but could someone out there explain what the fuck WUM means. If you're only going to give smartarse remarks please go back to your homework.

64026[/snapback]

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64099[/snapback]

64108[/snapback]

I do however think its a shame that he's dead in the same way it shame how he waste his god given talent. My opinion, in the same way it was Snakehips opinon, i however did not feel the need to abuse him.

Also please excuse my ignorance, me not being a chatboard regular like all you clever people, but could someone out there explain what the fuck WUM means. If you're only going to give smartarse remarks please go back to your homework.

64146[/snapback]

"Wind Up Merchant". I find the last comment somewhat ironic though.

Let's get this straight shall we. I find the whole "public mourning" in this country a bit of "sheep following sheep". The comment was not meant as a smartarse remark at you, but obviously you've taken it the wrong way and seen the need for a personal attack.

Fair play to you though.

64026[/snapback]

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

;)

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64099[/snapback]

I'm right though. Micktoon decided it was just snakehips who thought it was over the top, and then stated it was purely his opinion. Bit of a contradiction me thinks :(

64108[/snapback]

64146[/snapback]

Let's get this straight shall we. I find the whole "public mourning" in this country a bit of "sheep following sheep". The comment was not meant as a smartarse remark at you, but obviously you've taken it the wrong way and seen the need for a personal attack.

Fair play to you though.

64147[/snapback]

Now get back to doing your girlfriend's homework. :unsure:

64026[/snapback]

64036[/snapback]

Sheep following sheep.

64052[/snapback]

64060[/snapback]

:(

64074[/snapback]

WUM

64099[/snapback]

I'm right though. Micktoon decided it was just snakehips who thought it was over the top, and then stated it was purely his opinion. Bit of a contradiction me thinks :(

64108[/snapback]

64146[/snapback]

Fair play to you though.

64147[/snapback]

Now get back to doing your girlfriend's homework. ;)

64149[/snapback]

Sad, but true :(

on one hand, waste of a talent who retired way too young, shit on a lot of women, wasnt there to bring up his son, cheated on and hit the last woman to care for him, used and abused a new liver, ignored the pleas of those around him to stop drinking yet given the funeral of a member of royalty.

on the other hand after all the shit in NI over the last 40 years its good for them to have a hero to revere. he is the most famous sportsman ever to come out of the country.

in my eyes, he was good at football 30 years ago. he didnt cure cancer, slightly over the top. but hey, my opinion is no better than any one elses.