Newcastle United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Guest WDP

After a bads night sleep I am going to write last night off mainly due to the team being physically shagged after a very hard fought battle against Arsenal. They battled like warriors on Sunday and ran themselves ragged and it showed last night.

That's actually a decent point. They were very slow to start and didn't have the legs they had against Arsenal. 3 games in a week is a tough ask, with retrospect I'd love to have seen how a vastly changed side would have done against Blackburn. Would have left our main players with fresh legs for Fulham.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D at the 56 year old man having a pop (apropos of nothing) at me for not being at the match. Fifty six years old man.

Well. You do have a bit of a gob like :dunno: So what stops you going ?

After a bads night sleep I am going to write last night off mainly due to the team being physically shagged after a very hard fought battle against Arsenal. They battled like warriors on Sunday and ran themselves ragged and it showed last night.

That's actually a decent point. They were very slow to start and didn't have the legs they had against Arsenal. 3 games in a week is a tough ask, with retrospect I'd love to have seen how a vastly changed side would have done against Blackburn. Would have left our main players with fresh legs for Fulham.

I think CT is right but Hughton can't win with some people iyam. We haven't got the personnel to chop and change for PL games. Blackburn are a big physical side who would've torn our league cup side a new arsehole.

More points pissed away to a bottom half team we really should be beating, especially at home.

Seems to be becoming a habit this season.

What a dumb post - does that make it 5 wins at Sid James on the trot for BRFC?

Explain why you 'really should be beating' BRFC? You got snuffed out and stopped from playing.

I hate Allardyce almost as much as you guys, but he did a good job for once last night.

We should have won the game from the position we were in by the hour mark. Blackburn stayed deep but we had started to make inroads through the back line. It was sloppy of us to switch off how we did at a point of the game where the away drawbridge was going up.

It's not a case of 'divine right' but any team needs to win these sorts of games to get the points to stay up- home games against any fellow bottom-half-ish side has to be a 3 point target, surely?

it's very concerning we have lost 3 home games to Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn, whatever he thinks. Alongside only just scraping a point against Wigan.

Last season we had a great home record, playing teams like this, 2 of whom could possibly be relegated and all of who will finish in the bottom half of the premiership like us.

We don't have the quality attacking talent to do better at home. Simple as. Fulham will hopefully be a better football game and we might be allowed to play but we need the 3 points.

CH isn't the Mackem Dracula from Molineux in disguise though...

More points pissed away to a bottom half team we really should be beating, especially at home.

Explain why you 'really should be beating' BRFC? You got snuffed out and stopped from playing.

I hate Allardyce almost as much as you guys, but he did a good job for once last night.

We should have won the game from the position we were in by the hour mark. Blackburn stayed deep but we had started to make inroads through the back line. It was sloppy of us to switch off how we did at a point of the game where the away drawbridge was going up.

It's not a case of 'divine right' but any team needs to win these sorts of games to get the points to stay up- home games against any fellow bottom-half-ish side has to be a 3 point target, surely?

Fair points.

As for Joey Barton - I hope he gets the punishment he deserves. It was great to see Pederson as dignified as he was in the post match interview.

:D at the 56 year old man having a pop (apropos of nothing) at me for not being at the match. Fifty six years old man.

Well. You do have a bit of a gob like :dunno: So what stops you going ?

Nowt. And I rarely post at all on football or anything else tbh. I would if I still went, but I don't.

it's very concerning we have lost 3 home games to Blackpool, Stoke and Blackburn, whatever he thinks. Alongside only just scraping a point against Wigan.

Last season we had a great home record, playing teams like this, 2 of whom could possibly be relegated and all of who will finish in the bottom half of the premiership like us.

We don't have the quality attacking talent to do better at home. Simple as. Fulham will hopefully be a better football game and we might be allowed to play but we need the 3 points.

We employed the high risk strategy of hanging our hats on Ben Arfa in regard to providing that bit of magic and that's backfired.

We employed the high risk strategy of hanging our hats on Ben Arfa in regard to providing that bit of magic and that's backfired.

Dont think 'backfired' is fair, think the club did very well to get him and have been unlucky more than anything else. I know what you mean but its not exactly like we had the opportunity to get 2 Ben Arfas and only went for one because we didnt want to spend the money.

Even if we had him on the pitch, i suspect that they would have stifled him too, they got very tight to Jonas and Enrique last night.

We were never going to maintain that home record, even against "lesser" teams. Fact is, we've probably over performed in some games this season and I still think we are doing better than anticipated. My worry is the lack of squad depth. We had to let a lot of the players go when we went down and in most cases I'm glad they are gone. But we haven't replaced, but that takes time. Anyone talking of us being in Europe needs a shake imo. Survive and ideally push for mid table and build from that.

We were never going to maintain that home record, even against "lesser" teams. Fact is, we've probably over performed in some games this season and I still think we are doing better than anticipated. My worry is the lack of squad depth. We had to let a lot of the players go when we went down and in most cases I'm glad they are gone. But we haven't replaced, but that takes time. Anyone talking of us being in Europe needs a shake imo. Survive and ideally push for mid table and build from that.

This.

Dont think 'backfired' is fair, think the club did very well to get him and have been unlucky more than anything else. I know what you mean but its not exactly like we had the opportunity to get 2 Ben Arfas and only went for one because we didnt want to spend the money.

Even if we had him on the pitch, i suspect that they would have stifled him too, they got very tight to Jonas and Enrique last night.

I think plenty of us questioned the lack of striking / attacking options even after getting Ben Arfa. Well done for getting him and we've obviously been unlucky with the broken leg but we've only got one decent CF and injuries are inevitable so we'd almost be in as bad a state if we had Ben Arfa but Carroll was out for a month or two. Basically we're relying on being very lucky with injuries imo.

This. Survival was always the game plan this season and we shouldn't forget that.

We're gonna get beat more often than we'd like, so we need to keep our feet on the ground. The premier's slowly filling up with ugly, clogger teams and we need to learn how to deal with them to survive.

One thing that struck me was how up for it Blackburn looked, they had a strong intensity about their game, particularly in midfield. Given what Billy was saying beforehand, i'd be interested to hear how he saw their overall performance, especially the midfield.

The reason am asking is because as Allardyce is such a twat, i imagine he would have pulled out all of the stops motivation-wise last night. A manager has a few ways to pump a side up but cant use them every match, otherwise they lose their potency. I reckon the fat cunt had them right up for the game and as CT has said, we were fatigued from Sunday's heroics.

They were nothing special and lucky to get gifted such an easy early goal. Man U away remains the only game this season we have been outplayed in the league. Fulham had a tough derby last night away from home, lets hope for a result on saturday.

we're still in 5th. that's a hell of a lot better than most of us thought we'd be doing. if only we had a better home record. mid table finish would be a great first season back on we're still on track for at least that

but luck will play a massive part in where we do finish. we've takena big gamble with the size of the squad and we were always going to rely on luck with injuries. we're desperately thin up front and in the creative midfield area. we're were unlucky with ben arfa. let's hope to fuck we don't lose carroll too.

This. Survival was always the game plan this season and we shouldn't forget that.

We're gonna get beat more often than we'd like, so we need to keep our feet on the ground. The premier's slowly filling up with ugly, clogger teams and we need to learn how to deal with them to survive.

With Carroll up front you are one of those teams, dont kid yourself.

From European football talk to survival talk all in the space of 24 hours. Enough said.

From European football talk to survival talk all in the space of 24 hours. Enough said.

Rubbish. Big man doesn't mean shit football. We've played some good stuff this season as well, it's not just about hitting the ball forward and pray. We're not dirty and we've got the likes of Barton, Guti and Tioté, who can pass the ball. Don't be a fool and compare our style of play to Blackburn's or Stoke's.

With the two top scorers in the league playing for us, not sure we have limited striking options tbf. Yes, compared to the top 6 or 7 clubs but once you get to mid-table and below, an injury to the main striker of any of the rest of the clubs would fuck them too.

Sunderland without Bent, Liverpool without Torres etc.

With the two top scorers in the league playing for us, not sure we have limited striking options tbf. Yes, compared to the top 6 or 7 clubs but once you get to mid-table and below, an injury to the main striker of any of the rest of the clubs would fuck them too.

We've only got one decent PL striker. Liverpool are a funny case as they've over relied on Torres for a long time but Gyan, for example, is different class to Shola (our number 2).

We've played some decent football this year tbf. Jealous? :dunno:

We've only got one decent PL striker. Liverpool are a funny case as they've over relied on Torres for a long time but Gyan, for example, is different class to Shola (our number 2).

Who went off with a hamstring injury at half time.

I'd rather have Shola in the team for nowt than Gyan for £13m tbf. Footballer of the year eh?

Better examples might be Cahill at Everton, Dempsey at Fulham, Jones at Stoke etc.

I'd rather have Shola in the team for nowt than Gyan for £13m tbf. Footballer of the year eh?

The price doesn't alter the fact he's a much better player. Our problems largely stem from a lack of investment.