Newcastle United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Guest WDP

:dunno: I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

We've finished top half 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the only exception being when we inexplicably hired Paul Ince one summer, though good job we had Big Sam to save us.

Last night was a fairly poor match all round but it's hardly like we played "anti football" - we were comfortably the better side in the first half, yes you were on top in the second but we won thanks to us having a much better defence than yourselves so it was fully deserved. Where was your free flowing football last night? As I recall Robbo didn't have to make a single save apart from the goal you scored. I'm fairly sure punching someone in the chest is "anti football" and you were very lucky to get away with that.

Big deal, you won at the Emirates. Hull did that one season and almost got relegated (and did the season afterwards). Burnley had a great start last season and got relegated too.

Don't get ideas above your station, you've started the season well no doubt, but losing against a TOP HALF team every now and then at home should be par for the course for you lot right now.

Edited by bigchrissamba

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking shocking stuff last night like, really bad. The home form needs to drastically improve as if we'd capitalized on the 3 straight forward games which we've somehow lost then we'd be fucking flying, as it is there is little between us in 5th and the bottom 6.

Compared to the previous 3 or 4 games we didn't look up for it last night, no urgency and a distinct lack of confidence going forward, Tiote was the big surprise for me. The first foot he's put wrong so far and hopefully he can move on and not dwell on it. Ameobi went missing as did Jonas, Blackburn are shit IMO, Roberts is pony, how he's had contracts in the top division for so long defies logic. They came with a game plan to sit behind the ball and leave very little space, and it worked. Still, we had enough of the play in the 2nd half to finish the game off, not clinical enough.

Massive game Saturday, attitude needs to change.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Fucking shocking stuff last night like, really bad. The home form needs to drastically improve as if we'd capitalized on the 3 straight forward games which we've somehow lost then we'd be fucking flying, as it is there is little between us in 5th and the bottom 6.

Compared to the previous 3 or 4 games we didn't look up for it last night, no urgency and a distinct lack of confidence going forward, Tiote was the big surprise for me. The first foot he's put wrong so far and hopefully he can move on and not dwell on it. Ameobi went missing as did Jonas, Blackburn as shit IMO but they came with a game plan to sit behind the ball and leave very little space, and it worked. Still, we had enough of the play in the 2nd half to finish the game off, not clinical enough.

Massive game Saturday, attitude needs to change.

spot on

Thought Tiote might've fallen into the trap of believing his own hype. He got caught twice trying to beat about 3 men in a dangerous area, the first time obviously resulting in their opener. He needs to stick to what he's (very) good at.

Edited by alex

Where was your free flowing football last night?

Don't get ideas above your station, you've started the season well no doubt, but losing against a TOP HALF team every now and then at home should be par for the course for you lot right now.

You've not watched us much this season. Our football has been far from free-flowing, which is why we have had better results on the road. We do not have the guile in the side to break down teams who sit back and defend resolutely and both Stoke and Blackburn have done this season.

:dunno: I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

We've finished top half 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the only exception being when we inexplicably hired Paul Ince one summer, though good job we had Big Sam to save us.

Last night was a fairly poor match all round but it's hardly like we played "anti football" - we were comfortably the better side in the first half, yes you were on top in the second but we won thanks to us having a much better defence than yourselves so it was fully deserved. Where was your free flowing football last night? As I recall Robbo didn't have to make a single save apart from the goal you scored. I'm fairly sure punching someone in the chest is "anti football" and you were very lucky to get away with that.

Big deal, you won at the Emirates. Hull did that one season and almost got relegated (and did the season afterwards). Burnley had a great start last season and got relegated too.

You're bottom half now and last season you finished mid table. So you're a bottom/mid table team.

It was poor match but you came set up to stop "free flowing football" as acknowledged by BFS in his post match interview.

"We changed the system to cope with the attack of Newcastle United. The very potent front two and the delivery from the wide men has been an outstanding force for them in the last three games, and we felt we had to stop that."

But you aint a top half team, much like we cant be classed as one and like it or not, Blackburn at home is a game many teams would hope to win.

You are in the bottom half.

When we come to your place will you be expecting to win or lose? You'll be expecting to win. As last night demonstrated, there is very little between the sides. So if you expect to win at yours, we'll expect to win at ours. Deconstruct the logic in that or shut the fuck up tbh.

:D I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

When we come to your place will you be expecting to win or lose? You'll be expecting to win. As last night demonstrated, there is very little between the sides. So if you expect to win at yours, we'll expect to win at ours. Deconstruct the logic in that or shut the fuck up tbh.

:dunno:

You're bottom half now and last season you finished mid table. So you're a bottom/mid table team.

It was poor match but you came set up to stop "free flowing football" as acknowledged by BFS in his post match interview.

"We changed the system to cope with the attack of Newcastle United. The very potent front two and the delivery from the wide men has been an outstanding force for them in the last three games, and we felt we had to stop that."

But you aint a top half team, much like we cant be classed as one and like it or not, Blackburn at home is a game many teams would hope to win.

We still finished top half last season and for 4 of the last 5 seasons (and much of our side is still the same) - the current table is very tight so you can't read too much into it. You may be 5th now but there's two points separating you and us in 13th. You're a newly promoted side remember and a newly promoted side should be happy with a point at home to top half/mid table teams. Granted a fair few of your fans on here said they'd be happy with a point before the game but there's so many posts saying "we should be beating shite teams like Blackburn at home" - it's those fans that are getting ideas above their station.

Don't compare yourselves with us, you haven't finished top half for years, we do it consistently and have a good chance of doing so again this season.

Sam did not say he was trying to stop free flowing football, Sam correctly identified you pretty much had one main line of attack this season - get the ball from out wide into Andy Carroll - and if we stopped that we'd stop Newcastle. It worked a treat for the most part (bar Samba's loss of concentration), but it was hardly stopping free flowing football.

Big Sam showing us what we're missing apparently...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...issing/?ref=rss

I'd rather go down again than watch that brand of football week in, week out in the top flight. Seriously.

x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Sam never got that and it obviously really bothers him.

Table now means fuck all. We're two points off fifth, where you are FFS - you're clearly not a top five side are you? We're a point behind Spurs but they're a much better side than us (and yourselves).

Last night you were the team at home, we were the team away from home. If there's not that much between the sides when you're at home, and if you can only trouble our keeper once over 90 minutes at home then we should beat you pretty comfortably at Ewood.

I dream of being like the Blackburns of this world tbh.

Couldn't watch it for a whole season that's for sure, just anti football, continually foul to break up play and feign injury every so often to stop any flow of the game and kill it dead as a spectacle and continue niggling away at people all the time. that said i didn't think they were in anyway a long ball team which i was expecting, they were relatively neat and tidy in their play for the most part, just awful in respect to spoiling.

Its up to refs to stop the fat sams of the world wrecking the game, crack down on their continual fouling with cards from the off and it stops, ignore the fake injuries and they'll soon get up and get on with it, but it doesn't happen so teams will continue to do it. But as awful as they are to watch doing that, they took their two chances, we took our one, so they earned the win.

Table now means fuck all. We're two points off fifth, where you are FFS - you're clearly not a top five side are you? We're a point behind Spurs but they're a much better side than us (and yourselves).

Last night you were the team at home, we were the team away from home. If there's not that much between the sides when you're at home, and if you can only trouble our keeper once over 90 minutes at home then we should beat you pretty comfortably at Ewood.

Oh dear, have you not even thought before writing that! The whole point of this thread is we struggle to break down teams like your lot at home, away from home we've beaten Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Chelsea in the cup and drawn at Wolves because we are set up to do that. At home even fat sam might try and actually play for a win and we'll try to take advnatage of that.

And bookmark this if you like, i'll happilly say right now we'll finish above you come the end of the season, though we won't stay in fifth!

I dream of being like the Blackburns of this world tbh.

Couldn't watch it for a whole season that's for sure, just anti football, continually foul to break up play and feign injury every so often to stop any flow of the game and kill it dead as a spectacle and continue niggling away at people all the time. that said i didn't think they were in anyway a long ball team which i was expecting, they were relatively neat and tidy in their play for the most part, just awful in respect to spoiling.

Its up to refs to stop the fat sams of the world wrecking the game, crack down on their continual fouling with cards from the off and it stops, ignore the fake injuries and they'll soon get up and get on with it, but it doesn't happen so teams will continue to do it. But as awful as they are to watch doing that, they took their two chances, we took our one, so they earned the win.

Fouls last night - Newcastle 16-15 Blackburn. Where was the ref when Barton punched our player?! Some of you lot are truly unbelievable.

You didn't make our keeper work once last night apart from the goal.

That at home against any team other than the big 4, City and Spurs is very poor football.

BigPiss, how come winning at SJP is more significant than a win at the Emirates? In your own time.

Looking at individual results is pointless - Hull won at the Emirates a few seasons ago. Looking at recent history is far more appropriate and you lot are a newly promoted side. You're doing pretty well still for a newly promoted side but don't get ideas above your station and expect to beat teams like us who've had a very good record over the last few seasons in the league. Especially ones that have now won their last FIVE in a row at your place.

As I said earlier thank fucking god we've only got one more game against Blackburn this season. A season of that dross would be enough to sap all of the fun out of watching the game whether or not there was a top half finish 4 out of 5 seasons or not.

So enjoy the victory bigchrissamba (who failed at his one designated job), and enjoy the occasional poking of your nose into the backyards of football teams that actually play football. I wouldn't wish Allardyce on anyone, but if you want to herald the mediocre results over any modicum of footballing attitude that he brings then go for it. The difference between us and you is that there's no way in the world that we would do the same, much less traipsing around other teams forums boasting about it.