Newcastle United 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Guest WDP

:dunno: I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

We've finished top half 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the only exception being when we inexplicably hired Paul Ince one summer, though good job we had Big Sam to save us.

Last night was a fairly poor match all round but it's hardly like we played "anti football" - we were comfortably the better side in the first half, yes you were on top in the second but we won thanks to us having a much better defence than yourselves so it was fully deserved. Where was your free flowing football last night? As I recall Robbo didn't have to make a single save apart from the goal you scored. I'm fairly sure punching someone in the chest is "anti football" and you were very lucky to get away with that.

Big deal, you won at the Emirates. Hull did that one season and almost got relegated (and did the season afterwards). Burnley had a great start last season and got relegated too.

Don't get ideas above your station, you've started the season well no doubt, but losing against a TOP HALF team every now and then at home should be par for the course for you lot right now.

You are in the bottom half.

When we come to your place will you be expecting to win or lose? You'll be expecting to win. As last night demonstrated, there is very little between the sides. So if you expect to win at yours, we'll expect to win at ours. Deconstruct the logic in that or shut the fuck up tbh.

Table now means fuck all. We're two points off fifth, where you are FFS - you're clearly not a top five side are you? We're a point behind Spurs but they're a much better side than us (and yourselves).

Last night you were the team at home, we were the team away from home. If there's not that much between the sides when you're at home, and if you can only trouble our keeper once over 90 minutes at home then we should beat you pretty comfortably at Ewood.

Oh dear, have you not even thought before writing that! The whole point of this thread is we struggle to break down teams like your lot at home, away from home we've beaten Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Chelsea in the cup and drawn at Wolves because we are set up to do that. At home even fat sam might try and actually play for a win and we'll try to take advnatage of that.

And bookmark this if you like, i'll happilly say right now we'll finish above you come the end of the season, though we won't stay in fifth!

Our away record under Sam on the whole has been fairly poor, however under Sam we've lost 5 matches at home in just under two years.

Good luck with that whole winning at Ewood thing...

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dream of being like the Blackburns of this world tbh.

Couldn't watch it for a whole season that's for sure, just anti football, continually foul to break up play and feign injury every so often to stop any flow of the game and kill it dead as a spectacle and continue niggling away at people all the time. that said i didn't think they were in anyway a long ball team which i was expecting, they were relatively neat and tidy in their play for the most part, just awful in respect to spoiling.

Its up to refs to stop the fat sams of the world wrecking the game, crack down on their continual fouling with cards from the off and it stops, ignore the fake injuries and they'll soon get up and get on with it, but it doesn't happen so teams will continue to do it. But as awful as they are to watch doing that, they took their two chances, we took our one, so they earned the win.

Fouls last night - Newcastle 16-15 Blackburn. Where was the ref when Barton punched our player?! Some of you lot are truly unbelievable.

You didn't make our keeper work once last night apart from the goal.

That at home against any team other than the big 4, City and Spurs is very poor football.

Check the Barton thread, i said it was a red and he should have gone and in this thread i said you took your two chances we took our only one created so you deserved the win, and pretty much everyone on this thread has said we played poorly, so anything else bothering you?

And if you're trying to deny fat sam's tactics are to spoil and break games up and denying that your players continually feign injury to slow the game and waste time then you're unbelievable, its what he has always done and will always do, because it works for him.

Couldn't watch it for a whole season that's for sure, just anti football, continually foul to break up play and feign injury every so often to stop any flow of the game and kill it dead as a spectacle and continue niggling away at people all the time. that said i didn't think they were in anyway a long ball team which i was expecting, they were relatively neat and tidy in their play for the most part, just awful in respect to spoiling.

Its up to refs to stop the fat sams of the world wrecking the game, crack down on their continual fouling with cards from the off and it stops, ignore the fake injuries and they'll soon get up and get on with it, but it doesn't happen so teams will continue to do it. But as awful as they are to watch doing that, they took their two chances, we took our one, so they earned the win.

Fouls last night - Newcastle 16-15 Blackburn. Where was the ref when Barton punched our player?! Some of you lot are truly unbelievable.

That at home against any team other than the big 4, City and Spurs is very poor football.

We had 9 shots, 3 on target. You had 7 shots, 5 on target. I'd not be dancing around just yet like.

:dunno: I love all the comments from you lot describing us as a "bottom half team".

We've finished top half 4 out of the last 5 seasons, the only exception being when we inexplicably hired Paul Ince one summer, though good job we had Big Sam to save us.

Last night was a fairly poor match all round but it's hardly like we played "anti football" - we were comfortably the better side in the first half, yes you were on top in the second but we won thanks to us having a much better defence than yourselves so it was fully deserved. Where was your free flowing football last night? As I recall Robbo didn't have to make a single save apart from the goal you scored. I'm fairly sure punching someone in the chest is "anti football" and you were very lucky to get away with that.

Big deal, you won at the Emirates. Hull did that one season and almost got relegated (and did the season afterwards). Burnley had a great start last season and got relegated too.

Don't get ideas above your station, you've started the season well no doubt, but losing against a TOP HALF team every now and then at home should be par for the course for you lot right now.

When we come to your place will you be expecting to win or lose? You'll be expecting to win. As last night demonstrated, there is very little between the sides. So if you expect to win at yours, we'll expect to win at ours. Deconstruct the logic in that or shut the fuck up tbh.

Table now means fuck all. We're two points off fifth, where you are FFS - you're clearly not a top five side are you? We're a point behind Spurs but they're a much better side than us (and yourselves).

Last night you were the team at home, we were the team away from home. If there's not that much between the sides when you're at home, and if you can only trouble our keeper once over 90 minutes at home then we should beat you pretty comfortably at Ewood.

Oh dear, have you not even thought before writing that! The whole point of this thread is we struggle to break down teams like your lot at home, away from home we've beaten Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Chelsea in the cup and drawn at Wolves because we are set up to do that. At home even fat sam might try and actually play for a win and we'll try to take advnatage of that.

And bookmark this if you like, i'll happilly say right now we'll finish above you come the end of the season, though we won't stay in fifth!

Our away record under Sam on the whole has been fairly poor, however under Sam we've lost 5 matches at home in just under two years.

Good luck with that whole winning at Ewood thing...

Didn't say we would win, i said we're set up to play your style of team much better away than at home and we'd try and take advantage of your team attaking more at home.

Check the Barton thread, i said it was a red and he should have gone and in this thread i said you took your two chances we took our only one created so you deserved the win, and pretty much everyone on this thread has said we played poorly, so anything else bothering you?

And if you're trying to deny fat sam's tactics are to spoil and break games up and denying that your players continually feign injury to slow the game and waste time then you're unbelievable, its what he has always done and will always do, because it works for him.

The feigning injury is bollocks - we have a few that do it but then every team does. We don't foul any more than other teams do.

It's not pretty football I'll give you that but you're just making things up now.

The feigning injury is bollocks - we have a few that do it but then every team does. We don't foul any more than other teams do.

It's not pretty football I'll give you that but you're just making things up now.

Make you're fucking mind up. Do you or dont you? :dunno:

BigPiss, how come winning at SJP is more significant than a win at the Emirates? In your own time.

Looking at individual results is pointless - Hull won at the Emirates a few seasons ago. Looking at recent history is far more appropriate and you lot are a newly promoted side. You're doing pretty well still for a newly promoted side but don't get ideas above your station and expect to beat teams like us who've had a very good record over the last few seasons in the league. Especially ones that have now won their last FIVE in a row at your place.

I think he might take the Danny B 'condescending twat' award here.

Looking for a good result against Blackburn at home is not 'ideas above our station'. Don't you think Blackpool were looking to beat you the other week? Our home record got us relegated last time around- we have Liverpool and Chelsea to come in the next few weeks- so you surely can see why people felt this was an opportunity we needed to take.

If looking at recent history is more important, why are you pointing to finishes in 2008 and 2006?

BigPiss, how come winning at SJP is more significant than a win at the Emirates? In your own time.

Looking at individual results is pointless - Hull won at the Emirates a few seasons ago. Looking at recent history is far more appropriate and you lot are a newly promoted side. You're doing pretty well still for a newly promoted side but don't get ideas above your station and expect to beat teams like us who've had a very good record over the last few seasons in the league. Especially ones that have now won their last FIVE in a row at your place.

You said you expected to beat us at your place and used last night as evidence though. It's your logic not mine.

Fwiw I didn't expect to beat you and I'm under no delusions about where we are at present but you're going to struggle too. And you don't actually enjoy watching your side do you?

Edited by alex

Its not bollocks but if believing that makes you happy, then knock yourself out, though in the same sentence you've just admitted its not bollocks by saying you have a few players who do it :dunno: And i agree there are other teams that do it a bit, but fat sam teams target it specifically, thats hardly news to people in football, he likes to break the game up away from home continually.

And i even said in this thread i didn't think you played long ball football at all which surprised me, the football itself was alright, its the spoiling that people are refferring to when they mention fat sam's teams.

The point wasnt about the table, it was about expectations. You are not a clearly better side than us, we are similar with some obvious differences. Are you saying that you are a superior side? That we as a newly promoted team should only expect to beat West Brom and Blackpool at home?

Maybe those were closer to our expectations at the start of the season but they have been shifted from 'we'll do well to survive' to 'we should survive and aim for mid table'. Based on performances mainly, not results.

Comparisons with Hull are something even the mackems have said is ridiculous.

Agreed PL, thought they broke with it quite well at times, esp through Salgado. The way we played Barton and Simpson left them a good avenue to exploit.

Yeah, Barton drifted inside a bit too much, which he hasn't recently, and Simpson had a bad game so we were troubled down that side and also didn't attack enough there. Its why i wanted Routledge on for a decent length of time (even though he's been poor) just to occupy them there and maybe get an attack or two. And i'd have moved Barton inside, taking Nolan off as twice i saw him pull up and hold his hamstring and thought it was risky keeping him on.

Problem is, Simpson gets in advanced positions and is expected to act like a winger. He's not got the tricks to do that, nor can he without leaving us hugely exposed, particularly once Tiote and Nolan were in the book and unable to track back and 'take one for the team'.

It's no good switching the play if there's no outlet. I'm not his biggest fan but Routledge could have got a bit more time yesterday, it would at least have allowed us to stretch the play a bit more.

Problem is, Simpson gets in advanced positions and is expected to act like a winger. He's not got the tricks to do that, nor can he without leaving us hugely exposed, particularly once Tiote and Nolan were in the book and unable to track back and 'take one for the team'.

It's no good switching the play if there's no outlet. I'm not his biggest fan but Routledge could have got a bit more time yesterday, it would at least have allowed us to stretch the play a bit more.

From what I've seen you wouldn't want him starting many games but there's no reason he can't make an impact from the bench giving his pace and quick feet. Giving him 4 mins or so plus injury time isn't long enough though.

Lots of things you could say about the performance last night. What I will say is that I was more disheartened by the way a sizeable amount of 'fans' turned on us very early on. Disheartened, but not surprised sadly.

We're 2 defeats in a row away from 'Hughton hasn't got a clue' all the time.

Lots of things you could say about the performance last night. What I will say is that I was more disheartened by the way a sizeable amount of 'fans' turned on us very early on. Disheartened, but not surprised sadly.

Aye, fucking daft the booing like.

Worse was the kids in the corner kicking shit out of the seats trying to smash them up.

We pay for those seats you bell-ends.

We're 2 defeats in a row away from 'Hughton hasn't got a clue' all the time.

Ashley :dunno:

Its certainly roller coaster so far this season!! but if you think back we would all of bitten our hands off for Premier league status next season.

Hopefully we will still be in this league next season and the way I see it 5th from bottom would be a success, I think we will finish slightly higher than that but we do not have enough quality in the side to have too many none performers like we did last night