How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

interesting read that. the diet isn't unlike my previous efforts cutting. interesting you do no cardio at all. i try to do boxing once or twice a week in addition to 3 or 4 weight lifting and kettle bell sessions

what hours do you eat and what hours do you fast? is it 12-8 or something? i always used to eat cottage cheese just before bed for slow release protein overnight but that would contradict the fasting theory.

how much of a part do you think diet plays over training? is it 60 or 70 per cent diet?

you mentioned earlier that drinkng is fine as long as you don't eat a kebab on the way home. i don't get that. a pint of beer is about 300 kcals. 6 or 7 of those are just dead calories, no? are do you stick just to vodka and soda/slimline tonic?

Alcohol doesnt work the same way normal calories do. Martin Berkhan has done a few articles on it, this is on top of my head.

My point was that binging while out is what is causing the damage - you dont put on alkohol calories the same way you put on normal cals...

Drinking 7 beers is nowhere near as bad as eating 2 macdonalds menus..

I eat in the evenings usually, gonna try to extend the fasting actually to once every 16-18 hours. Eat every evening after workout and just eat until you drop.

Re training - WELL. Simple rule is train HEAVY and eat right. I do compound exercises mostly. Love em and Im convinced they play isolation exercises.

How big a part it plays. Depends on what you mean. How you look in the mirror? How strong you can get?

Even with a piss poor progam you will still look great in the mirror if your diet is spot on.

If you do 5 sets of pushups each morning for 2 months and only eat meat, fish, veggies and 1-2 potatoes you will still look like brad pitt after a while.

Doesnt really matter what you do in terms of looking good, if you want to get STRONG and add slabs of meat I would definately tailor a specific program.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Ok I sent the excel files to jawd Gremill and Dr. Gloom.

Anyone else want em? J69 and Stevie, you are both fat fucks - hoy me your email adresses and make this the first day of the rest of your miserable lives ;)

I'm 2 stone lighter than Stevie and I'd happily out bench you in the gym any day of the week. Since when was starving yourself like a supermodel something that became acceptable for blokes in Newcastle to do?

Its not starving yourself man :lol:

You eat like a horse, but only good food between 12noon and 8pm. Only good starchy carbs (potato, not bread etc) are following training else its only complex carbs but not fruit. (for me anyway).

I do 5x5 compound supersets. For example 5 x Bench Press quickly followed by 5 x Dumbell Fly five times. Generally do 4 of these and thats one session (45min).

Because I train at 7am and I have had no food since 8pm the previous day, I use fat stores for energy.

At least thats the theory and Ill confirm that in a few months!

Its not starving yourself man :lol:

You eat like a horse, but only good food between 12noon and 8pm. Only good starchy carbs (potato, not bread etc) are following training else its only complex carbs but not fruit. (for me anyway).

I do 5x5 compound supersets. For example 5 x Bench Press quickly followed by 5 x Dumbell Fly five times. Generally do 4 of these and thats one session (45min).

Because I train at 7am and I have had no food since 8pm the previous day, I use fat stores for energy.

At least thats the theory and Ill confirm that in a few months!

Be interesting to hear how you get on as I was under the impression your body would burn muscle for energy if you hadn't eaten in 11 hours.

Are you going heavy with the weights or is this more for toning?

In a 5x5 its as heavy as you can while maintaining form over all sets.

I think the stacked protein intake helps prevent burn muscle for energy. Also I should add on training days Im drinking 30g of BCAA over a 3 hour period.

Alcohol doesnt work the same way normal calories do. Martin Berkhan has done a few articles on it, this is on top of my head.

My point was that binging while out is what is causing the damage - you dont put on alkohol calories the same way you put on normal cals...

Drinking 7 beers is nowhere near as bad as eating 2 macdonalds menus..

I eat in the evenings usually, gonna try to extend the fasting actually to once every 16-18 hours. Eat every evening after workout and just eat until you drop.

Re training - WELL. Simple rule is train HEAVY and eat right. I do compound exercises mostly. Love em and Im convinced they play isolation exercises.

How big a part it plays. Depends on what you mean. How you look in the mirror? How strong you can get?

Even with a piss poor progam you will still look great in the mirror if your diet is spot on.

If you do 5 sets of pushups each morning for 2 months and only eat meat, fish, veggies and 1-2 potatoes you will still look like brad pitt after a while.

Doesnt really matter what you do in terms of looking good, if you want to get STRONG and add slabs of meat I would definately tailor a specific program.

i do compounds too. my workouts are built around the classic 6 compound lifts - deadlifts, pullups, squats, bench, shoulder press and rows.

that said, i like throwing in isolation arm and ab excercises into the mix, as well as chest and shoulder flys. and i usually do at least one session a week of kettlebell training. have you tried it? it's a killer and great for endurance/cardio.

but if you're not doing those 6 big compounds, at least two or three times a week, then you aint training

Edited by Dr Gloom

In a 5x5 its as heavy as you can while maintaining form over all sets.

I think the stacked protein intake helps prevent burn muscle for energy. Also I should add on training days Im drinking 30g of BCAA over a 3 hour period.

5 by 5 all the way.

8 by 3 is worth a look too if you want to go heavier.

keeping the rests short is key, i think.

The body does NOT start burning muscles after 11 hours, if it did we would all look like fucking auschwitcz prisoners - try 35-40 hours...

Haway then big shite, how much you bench J69 :lol:? Im up for a duel anyday! A fucking nurse outbenching me...does not compute.

5x5 is by far the best program for those who have only played around in the gym before. It builds real muscle and strength.

Ant, Compound exercises are the big ones, Squat Deadlift bench military press pullups etc. Activises BIG groups of muscle.

Dont worry about how heavy it is, start light(ish) so you can maintain good form. Every time you train, you add 1.25lbs on each side on each exercise on everything.

First weeks and months are easy, then it gets harder. After a while you are NOT looking forward to the gym, but its what works.

If anyone of you really wants to puke, google a program called Smolov.

Do this program and you may as well eat pancakes drowning in demba syrup every day, the fat will still rince off you.

If you survive, I cant be arsed. Looks gruelling.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Isolation movements are things like dumbbell curls where you only work the bicep or shitty dumbbell kick backs that only work part of the tricep. You really want to avoid these if not training regular.

Compounds employ several muscle groups in one movement. Bench press is chest and arms, squats are legs, arse and back etc.

Your aim should be to add weight on each week. Maintain form.

The body does NOT start burning muscles after 11 hours, if it did we would all look like fucking auschwitcz prisoners - try 35-40 hours...

:lol: I didn't mean as a general rule, I meant if you're training hard without eating anything.

When you work out, you are tearing down muscle fibers by definition. Goes without saying that you should augment the recuperation process by eating as soon as possible post-workout.

My point is ( and I am gonna try this sometime) you can eat once every 24 hours and its fine - just means you have to eat more and more varied that one meal.

Haway then big shite, how much you bench J69 :lol:? Im up for a duel anyday! A fucking nurse outbenching me...does not compute.

5x5 is by far the best program for those who have only played around in the gym before. It builds real muscle and strength.

Ant, Compound exercises are the big ones, Squat Deadlift bench military press pullups etc. Activises BIG groups of muscle.

Dont worry about how heavy it is, start light(ish) so you can maintain good form. Every time you train, you add 1.25lbs on each side on each exercise on everything.

First weeks and months are easy, then it gets harder. After a while you are NOT looking forward to the gym, but its what works.

If anyone of you really wants to puke, google a program called Smolov.

Do this program and you may as well eat pancakes drowning in demba syrup every day, the fat will still rince off you.

If you survive, I cant be arsed. Looks gruelling.

Lets be honest, if i said I benched 150kg you would bench 155kg