How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I've been turning my toes out a little so I'll try that next time. I've been trying to go as low as possible as well.

I'm determined to get my form right though it is frustrating using what seems like ridiculously light weights. Can't bear seeing others using terrible form though so I'd hate to fall into the same trap myself just for the sake of upping the weight.

Stick with it. Nailing the form is key. Just add 2.5kg-5kg to your squat every week. It'll build up over time.

Dead lift is king of the compound lift. Love it, particularly how you feel you might pass out when you lift your maximum.

The only excercises you really need are dead lift, squat, bench press, shoulder press, pull up and bent over row. You can do a workout that hits every muscle group in the body with just those lifts and all you need is a bench and a barbell with a few plates. Free weights are all you need. No expensive machines required.

...plus squat rack (or a couple of helpers).

That fast day yesterday was a piece of piss like Gemmill.

My breakfast was natural yoghurt with blueberries, strawberries, chopped banana and some almonds.

For tea I made a ceasar salad and drank loads of green tea in between.

Do people actually think starving yourself for 2 days and eating what you want for 5 days is a healthy, sustainable way of losing weight/staying healthy?

Seriously people, eat less shit food, more healthy food and do exercise. It's not difficult.

It's a diet fad for women. No serious athlete would even consider it

Edited by TheRollingStones

Do people actually think starving yourself for 2 days and eating what you want for 5 days is a healthy, sustainable way of losing weight/staying healthy?

Seriously people, eat less shit food, more healthy food and do exercise. It's not difficult

According to scientists it is.

I do eat quite healthy I'd say but because I can't excercise I have to be really careful on what I'm eating.

I think its only backed by theory tbf Tooj. An interesting and coherent theory but i dont think medical opinion says anything other than that. There is scientific theory and data behind reduced IGF-1 but these are not proven according to anyone.

As a side note, i worked on an IGF-1 inhibitor for non-small cell lung cancer when i was at Pfizer. Didnt work.

Not after a row btw, but its not sustainable over a long period of time. I'm all for people trying the get fitter

Oh aye there's definitely nothing proven that it's sustainable over a long period of time. I just want to try something different for the time being and to see how I get on with it. :up:

The argument that it's not sustainable is absolute bollocks. Given that is a piece of piss to do, and it only takes up 1 or 2 days of your week, it's highly sustainable.

The best thing about it for me is not the weight loss, or the other purported health benefits, but just how annoyed its existence seems to make J69.

Pleased it went alright for you btw Jonny.

I'm trying and failing to work more fruit and veg into my diet atm. It's criminal how little I eat of both but I'm not a massive fan of anything other than petit filous :lol:

Time to get the blender back out and start making smoothies again I think

I'm trying and failing to work more fruit and veg into my diet atm. It's criminal how little I eat of both but I'm not a massive fan of anything other than petit filous :lol:

My problem with certain types of fruit and veg is that I've never really been overly keen on the textures of them.

I love the flavour of onions for example and if they are chopped up finely into a meal. Yet I can't handle the texture if they're cut up into big chunks.

With regards to smoothies there was some bloke on Sunday Brunch the other week with some recipes for them. Might be worth you having a look. :up:

don't worry about all that. you can eat as much kfc and pizzas as you like as long as you work it off, right?

My problem with certain types of fruit and veg is that I've never really been overly keen on the textures of them.

I love the flavour of onions for example and if they are chopped up finely into a meal. Yet I can't handle the texture if they're cut up into big chunks.

i found with fruit that it's just about changing habits and once you're in a routine, it's easier to maintain. it seemed like a chore at first to snack on apples and bananas instead of crisps when i needed a little something between meals; but now i'm in a long established routine where i view fruit as a daily staple and crisps as an occasional treat.

i think with a veg, a lot of it comes down to how you dress it or season it as well as how you cook it. something with a texture you don't like can be made easier to eat and then you get used to it and find ways to enjoy it. i used to be quite fussy with a lot of veg - broccoli for instance. i used to hate it but i love the stuff now, eat it most days just dressed with posh olive oil, salt pepper and maybe some chilli flakes. cooking things al dente helps. nothing worse than a plate of overcooked mushy veg.

i've changed the way i look at salads now too. they can be a satisfying main meal with the right ingredients, dressing and seasoning. the days of a few wilted iceburg lettuce leaves and some sad old tomatoes are over.

cooking things al dente helps. nothing worse than a plate of overcooked mushy veg.

Aye. A lot of that kind of thing comes down to what you're brought up with, I suppose. My fella's grandad always used to ask for his veg well cooked if we were out for a Sunday roast or whatever, until he had someone else's by mistake one time and realised that a bit of bite and some actual flavour are better than a mouthful of watery mush with the memory of a vegetable floating in it.

Mind he happily orders spicy dishes nowadays too, so it could just be that his tastebuds are fucked.