How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

Somehow against all odds I have remained sub 14 stone during my wagon fall.

I have (fathers day aside) restarted my healthy eating / fitness regime last week at 13stones 13 pounds and weigh in is tonight.

My treadmill and exercise bike have been joined by a rower as I am convinced, this is the missing piece of my fitness jigsaw. :lol:

a5a4u6u9.jpg

amy5aqyj.jpg

I'd give you a few tips on keeping your treadmill in good order and saving maintenance but don't think that'll be an issue for you. ;)

Welcome back, CT. :D

I'd give you a few tips on keeping your treadmill in good order and saving maintenance but don't think that'll be an issue for you. ;)

Welcome back, CT. :D

Cheers matey :lol:

As it happens its a decent make (2nd hand Horizon) but it does slip. Have tried turning the tension screws but that doesn't solve it.

If anyone knows folk who come out and fix these things and leave you with your eyes then please post away.

• 2 weeks later...

haven't done any training since putting my back out last wednesday. back feels loads better but still a bit stiff and i'm wary of rushing back and making it worse. climbing the walls now though. i go a bit stir crazy if i don't get to exercise.

Bought a bike, so now cycling to-from work a few days a week and jog to the gym at lunch. really enjoying the bike.

I looked a real cool mother fucker this morning when I forgot to clip out of the pedals at a set of traffic lights though and slowly toppled over.

To provide a bit of balance to this thread (literally), I'm a fat fuck and have done precisely bugger-all for the last few years except eat crisps and drink lovely alkiehol with all its lovely dead calories. :boogie:

Anyway, I've joined the brand new leisure centre and pool five minutes' walk away, so there's really no excuse for not starting on the long road back to fitness again. But I'm sure I'll find one anyway.

Bought a bike, so now cycling to-from work a few days a week and jog to the gym at lunch. really enjoying the bike.

I looked a real cool mother fucker this morning when I forgot to clip out of the pedals at a set of traffic lights though and slowly toppled over.

:lol:

To provide a bit of balance to this thread (literally), I'm a fat fuck and have done precisely bugger-all for the last few years except eat crisps and drink lovely alkiehol with all its lovely dead calories. :boogie:

Anyway, I've joined the brand new leisure centre and pool five minutes' walk away, so there's really no excuse for not starting on the long road back to fitness again. But I'm sure I'll find one anyway.

Good man. :)

Inside every .......

I really fancy getting a road bike, but the whole concept of riding on the roads, I find terrifying. Seen a couple of aftermaths of people who've been knocked off bikes, and it just seems you're putting a lot of trust in a lot of careless arseholes.

Not trying to put you off btw. :lol:

I really fancy getting a road bike, but the whole concept of riding on the roads, I find terrifying. Seen a couple of aftermaths of people who've been knocked off bikes, and it just seems you're putting a lot of trust in a lot of careless arseholes.

Not trying to put you off btw. :lol:

I figure it'll be killed in a firey road accident or else by my crippling fear of public speaking.

Good man! It's good to eat shit every now and again

I find the easiest place to start in a health kick is getting back to 3 square meals a day and cutting out the shit in between . Takes 6-8 weeks for you to start noticing a difference so don't give up after 4 if you feel it's making no difference

Thanks Howay. I don't currently go to the gym - In fact, the only exercise I do get is playing 5-aside on Mondays. I'm not completely opposed to going mind if that's what it's going to take.

On the food front, I love my carbs. I currently eat lots of rice, pasta, potatoes and bread. In fact, that's pretty much all I eat. What I don't do, however, is eat brown, whole grain, whole wheat, etc. It's normal pasta, white rice, white bread, etc. I know this is a stupid thing to ask as I sit here and type it, but why is this so key? On a taste front they are worlds apart :(

May as well get my stats down on the table with the rest of you. I'm currently 5ft 10 weighing in at a meagre 9 stone with a skinny frame. I can eat like a horse one week (including a horse) and my weight will barely waver. Equally, I can eat barely a thing all week and again, my weight will hardly budge. Extremely frustrating. On that front perhaps I'll check out a basal metabolic rate calculator as you've suggested.

Thanks again for the advice.

I apologise, I suspect some of you have been coming back daily hoping for an update from me so let me bring you all up to speed.

After posting back in January 2012 I tried to change too much too fast and quickly gave up CT style.

However, I picked this up again in March this year but this time I made slow and gradual changes to my diet and by the middle of June I had managed to put on just shy of a stone. My target was a 1 stone increase so I'm delighted with that. Then my scales broke; not because of my increased weight mind, probably because they're shit, so I'm not actually sure where I'm at now - Probably about the same.

Everything so far has been achieved through gradually increasing my food intake and slowly subsituting shit food for decent food. There is still a lot of room for improvement though which I will continue to work on. I'm now keen to push on even further and am going to bring some free weights into the equation.

At some point I will also want to bring in a couple of days a week of cardio (all forms of cardio had previously been put on hold while I focused on the weight gain.) Can anyone advise what you'd typically be burning off calorie wise with a 30-45 minute swimming session, and also the same question for a 30-45 minute run?

Maybe you should go and see Jeanette, slimming world leader, United reformed church, Lewisham.

I'm sure you'd enjoy it. :)

Edited by Christmas Tree

Here you go.

Basically it depends on your weight and of course intensity but this is a good guide.

http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm

Thanks that's really useful. Piss sticks though, I'm looking at a 400-600 hit every time I want to do a bit of bloody exercise!

I honestly don't think I can manage any more food than I am doing.

Maybe you should go and see Jeanette, slimming world leader, United reformed church, Lewisham. I'm sure you'd enjoy it. :)

Where are these magical Googling skills when you need to find a pub with a kids' play area somewhere, anywhere on Tyneside? ;)

I appreciate the sentiment, anyway, but nah - it's not that I don't know how to get fit or eat healthily, since I've happily done both in the past, I've just made a conscious decision not to ever since doing the GNR a couple of years back and it's time to revert that decision. The "excuse" payoff to my original post was merely the usual world-weary cynicism that I'm expected to display on here. :)