How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

So, this stag do we're going on, are you going to be dodging the burgers and fajitas and what not?

I've always been a faj-dodger, etc. etc.

Let's put it this way; the last times we've been out with the lads, we've had a curry on Brick Lane, German Bratwurst :naughty: and that most balanced and healthy of all meals, club sandwich and chips. Do you really foresee me being the mealtime party-pooper? :razz:

(Don't tell CT I've managed to lose weight while still eating fairly unhealthily, mind. The consequences could be tragic.)

It's crazy how much of running or any other endurance sport is in your head. Once it gets in your head that you can't keep going or you need to stop, it's hard to shake. If you can get past that thought and keep going for another minute, you'll find yourself still going 20 minutes later and wondering what the fuck your problem was earlier. Not saying you don't know all this btw, it's just something I find bizarre when it happens to me.

I'm awful for this, I've not got the mental strength for running at all. It takes me an age to convince myself to actually go for a run then I always end up doubting myself within about 20 minutes even though I know I'm perfectly capable in terms of my fitness.

I was so out of shape I ended up starting from scratch and following the Couch To 5K plan, which I can definitely recommend for anyone who's sedentary and scared shitless of actually moving their body.

Might give that a whirl cheers, been looking for something like that.

Whenever I go for a run I think I'll start with 1 mile, and in my head the target should be the 4 minute mile, because that's what's famous. So rather than take walking breaks I end up pushing myslef to try and do a good time without stopping. I still struggle to come in under 9 minutes and I finish at a crawl, when I'm done I feel like I need to sick my ribcage out and the pain is enough to remind me not to be so silly as to consider running for another year or so.

Don't think my irregular 3 mile bike rides to work are enough to combat the Chocolate oranges and beer though.

Aye it definitely works. When my lass first started she was asking "are we nearly there yet" when they want you to run just 30 seconds. By the end of it, she was running 10ks. Builds you up really slowly cos it's for all shapes and sizes.

Yep, and it only tells you how long (duration-wise) to run for each time, not how far or how fast, which builds up your stamina without having you worrying about targets like that.

Didn't like the shitty music on that NHS one so I've made my own using the bits where she comes in and my own music selections.

Think I'll do that for each week as I go.

Here's week 1 if you want to use it CT...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKcu35MQu-pNFlSNVVUUnVvS0U/edit?usp=sharing

:)

:lol:

I'd just downloaded the proper one last night!

Just clicked on yours expecting some mound fire starter type thing, but that doesn't kick in til the second song!!! :lol:

Good idea like. Always my problem when running g listening to music is my shoulders and hips start to sway and I feel the need to Chuck the odd pirouret in.

Which program did you use to edit it?

:lol:

I'd just downloaded the proper one last night!

Just clicked on yours expecting some mound fire starter type thing, but that doesn't kick in til the second song!!! :lol:

Good idea like. Always my problem when running g listening to music is my shoulders and hips start to sway and I feel the need to Chuck the odd pirouret in.

Which program did you use to edit it?

I haven't got music editing software. I used Sony Vegas 11 which is usually for videos.

i've been employing the 16-8 daily fast, using a high protein diet and carbs and fats cycled on training and non training days, combined with body weight training plan revolving around pull ups. i've got to say i've never enjoyed better results. i was sceptical when gemmill and others mentioned it but i've never been in better shape than i am right now. your body really does adjust to different eating patterns too. i don't miss breakfast at all as i consume the same number of calories, roughly, overall. just in a different way.

i think giving your digestive system a break is a good thing too. i've never been more regular in that sense.

i think i'll probably regress if i live that old.

i was having this conversation with some friends the other day as it happens. we made a pact that if we live past 80 we'll renew our affairs with class a drugs. may as well throw caution to the wind when the end is nigh. picture the scene - a room full of wrinkly old blokes passing around the mirror, razor blades, scotch and bongs while playing pro evolution soccer to a drum n bass sound track.