How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

• 1 month later...
On 08/11/2010 at 23:55, Christmas Tree said:

5'8". 13 Stone 12.........Yer short fat tubby bastard :icon_lol:

8 years later, countless diets and one pound heavier.

Have decided this week to take some action.

1. Started calorie counting using my fitness pal.

2. Joined a gym :(

3. About to buy an exercise mat so I can do these “7 minute workouts”.

4. Drinking lots of water.

Hoping twinges of arthritis in one knee and one shoulder wont complicate the gym too much.

6'2" 9 Stone 11 (or thereabouts) Never really been any heavier/lighter since I stopped getting taller, doesn't seem to matter what I eat/drink.

Beanpole4Life

15 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

8 years later, countless diets and one pound heavier.

Have decided this week to take some action.

1. Started calorie counting using my fitness pal.

2. Joined a gym :(

3. About to buy an exercise mat so I can do these “7 minute workouts”.

4. Drinking lots of water.

Hoping twinges of arthritis in one knee and one shoulder wont complicate the gym too much.

s-l300.jpg

Makes clothes buying easier though.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

your stats make you sound like you're built like a short peter crouch. 

I am tbh, I haven't specifically tried for a while but Ive never been able to put on weight, nearly 30 now so I just don't bother about it.

Its good for suits/tailored stuff at least and I don't have the paunch when I wear a football shirt.

are you arsed about not putting on size? it is doable, even if your metabolism makes it feel like it's impossible. a mate of mine used to be very lean with no muscle mass. he ate and trained like an animal for a couple of years and his transformation is unbelievable, plus the fact he's blessed with genetics which make him naturally lean means he looks good all year year around, even when binges on junk food on holidays

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

are you arsed about not putting on size? it is doable, even if your metabolism makes it feel like it's impossible. a mate of mine used to be very lean with no muscle mass. he ate and trained like an animal for a couple of years and his transformation is unbelievable, plus the fact he's blessed with genetics which make him naturally lean means he looks good all year year around, even when binges on junk food on holidays

No idea how to even go about it without making myself feel terrible. I had a crack a few years ago but the calorie intake made me feel genuinely sick and the expense of the stuff beyond regular food was just insane.

23 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No idea how to even go about it without making myself feel terrible. I had a crack a few years ago but the calorie intake made me feel genuinely sick and the expense of the stuff beyond regular food was just insane.

why did you feel terrible?

in a nutshell:

- lift weights, adding weight to your lifts each week

- consume more calories than you burn every day

- eat lots of whole foods and quality protein, fats and carbs.

- avoid cardio.

you don't need to spend a fortune on protein shakes, but it's a good way to ensure you're getting enough quality protein, particularly useful for people who struggle to put on size. it doesn't have to be overly expensive if you get own brand stuff from myprotein.com

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why did you feel terrible?

in a nutshell:

- lift weights, adding weight to your lifts each week

- consume more calories than you burn every day

- eat lots of whole foods and quality protein, fats and carbs.

- avoid cardio.

you don't need to spend a fortune on protein shakes, but it's a good way to ensure you're getting enough quality protein, particularly useful for people who struggle to put on size. it doesn't have to be overly expensive if you get own brand stuff from myprotein.com

Funnily enough I know the guy who owns my protein, though being in NZ means something like that will probably need a different supplier.

The terrible feeling was just down to having to force myself to consume more, it doesn't feel good.

I've enough time on my hands out here to join a gym and actually spend time there, theres one near my house. I'll look into it, I like the sound of avoiding cardio.

You don’t even need to join a gym. Get a set of dumbbells with plates you can take on and off so you can increase/decrease weight depending on the lift, a pull-up bar and a barbell and you can do it all from home. Your entire routine need only consist of 6 excercises: squat, deadlift bench, overhead press, row, pull up. That hits every muscle group in the body.