How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Your tits are gonna look like empty windsocks when you lose all the fat out of them. Like a couple of bits of white toblerone.

:lol: I’m trying to think of a response but can’t. Just have to settle for you at your desk picturing me naked.

the other thing to be aware of is not over eating just because you've worked out. naturally, you'll have a massive appetite after a good workout, but just because you've trained doesn't mean you get to wash a duck pizza down with a few pints of lager and still burn fat. 

a fitbit is actually probably a better investment for you than a gym membership because it does a lot of the hard miles for you - it monitors activity and calorie burn without you having to do anything and you can input your daily food consumption against that to work out whether you're in deficit, surplus or maintenance territory 

Edited by Dr Gloom

49 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:

Im not sure what calorie deficit means. My fitness pal tells me to have no more than 1500 a day. That was based on no exercise.

that sounds like hell and i can't imagine eating that little. with no exercise, i still need 2.5k calories a day just to maintain

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that sounds like hell and i can't imagine eating that little. with no exercise, i still need 2.5k calories a day just to maintain

Must admit I haven’t felt starving the last few days. I’ll give it a couple of weeks and reassess the calorie intake depending on how it’s going.

Ive also been watching Grant Hanson’s videos on Facebook and he’s just said exactly the same about over eating because you’ve had a good session / week in the gym.

So far doing canny. 5 days into calorie counting and 4lbs off. Got some alcohol free beer which really helped get over that craving.

Back at the gym last Saturday and a fairly decent workout. Also got a set of dumbbells for £3 at the car boot sale and have a YouTube workout video raring to go.

And finally managed to get back into 34” trousers :)

I've started at the gym again, trying to mix up the exercise so I stave off the inevitable crushing boredom. Also using that my fitness pal app and even after plugging in all the details I'm well under the daily calorie target after exercise. Shifted the diet towards plenty of fish and chicken, plenty of fruit and veg, loads of water, cooking in veg or sunflower oil and all that boring shit.

My target was around 1,800 a day and after exercise I'm averaging around 1,000. I know! I immediately thought bulllllllllshit too, but I had the office gym-bore look it over and the guy at the gym who did my induction and they both say I'm not putting anything in wrong. Although Gym-Bore did remind me to include the cups of tea I was having, but even those 3-4 cups only add up to 42.

I think I'll have to get a fitbit, because I just don't believe I'm doing any of this right :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no way should you be only eating 1k calories a day like, unless you're going for the heroin chic look. i usually consume around 1k calories per meal

Aye but you're an active bloke, Your body will be accustomed to loads going in and loads going out. Mine is used to loads going in. Mostly in the form of beer.

1k calories a day still sounds way too low mate. I’d be severely hangry starving myself to that extent. I still need 2.5k a day just to maintain on days spent on my arse for the duration.

A Fitbit sounds like a good idea. They’re pretty accurate.

to give you an idea

coffee, toast and jam = 210

Tuna mayo sandwich = 349

chicken breast with onion, pepper, couscous, feta and salad = 478

Mugs of tea = 42

Total 1069

35 minutes on the bike, moderate effort = 388

Ignoring the calories used to walk around and have a shit and stuff, that's about 681, or 1136 under my daily target.

This is all assuming the figures are right, but I'm just taking it from the app. :dunno:

How have you felt sticking to that? Are your starving, lethargic  and miserable?

The training and attention to what you eat is a good start but I think that would make a calorie deficit of 1k+ even for an overweight middle aged man, which I presume you are, which is unnecessary.  Portion control is key to burning fat but I wouldn’t recommmend a daily deficit of more than 250-500 calories. It isn’t sustainable - you’ll drive yourself mad with hunger and fatigue before giving up.

4 hours ago, The Fish said:

to give you an idea

Tuna mayo sandwich = 349

Mugs of tea = 42

Total 1069

Ignoring the calories used to walk around and have a shit and stuff, that's about 681, or 1136 under my daily target.

This is all assuming the figures are right, but I'm just taking it from the app. :dunno:

like a shit Patrick Bateman. 

'After my shower I enjoy a snack, preferably ryvita, although If I'm feeling adventurous I'll try a bourbon biscuit'

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Tbf, Gloom, you tend to operate under the assertion that everyone who approaches exercise wants to turn into an absolute machine whereas most people just want to stay in decent nick.

That’s not how I see it. Everyone has a different goal and there isn’t one type of diet or a single training plan that works for everyone. I pissed about in the gym for years, wasting time and money, before I read up properly on nutrition and fitness and it was only then that I got my desired results. I enjoy sharing what I learned so others don’t make the same mistakes. 

And I just don’t think a starvation diet Fish seems to be pursuing is the solution to anything.

(I also recognise that I’m total bore on this subject, and that my advice is wasted on CT)

Edited by Dr Gloom

20 hours ago, The Fish said:

to give you an idea

Tuna mayo sandwich = 349

Mugs of tea = 42

Total 1069

Right, so you had absolutely no snacks between these meals, if you can call an obviously tny sandwich a meal?

I've just been a bamp and had a pot noodle for lunch, about 10 mouthfuls of noodles was 420 calories. And am still starving. You reckon you are surviving on equivalent calories to a couple of pot noodles and cups of tea per day? I'm doubtful. 

I played football for the first time since the chemo on Tuesday. Thought I was going to throw my lungs up for 95% of the time and to top off I was fucking shite.

Its a start though I suppose.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, strawb said:

I played football for the first time since the chemo on Tuesday. Thought I was going to throw my lungs up for 95% of the time and to top off I was fucking shite.

Its a start though I suppose.

Wait...is that not peoples normal experience playing football?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Wait...is that not peoples normal experience playing football?

I can accept the blowing out my arse bit, I’m nearly 34 and my recent illness etc.

I played for professional and semi pro teams when I was younger so my pride took a right hook when I couldn’t pass the ball 5 yards. Even miss timed a header and took one square in the mush. Shocking

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

I can accept the blowing out my arse bit, I’m nearly 34 and my recent illness etc.

I played for professional and semi pro teams when I was younger so my pride took a right hook when I couldn’t pass the ball 5 yards. Even miss timed a header and took one square in the mush. Shocking

Ah mate, welcome to my world!