How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

On 9/13/2018 at 14:47, Renton said:

Right, so you had absolutely no snacks between these meals, if you can call an obviously tny sandwich a meal?

I've just been a bamp and had a pot noodle for lunch, about 10 mouthfuls of noodles was 420 calories. And am still starving. You reckon you are surviving on equivalent calories to a couple of pot noodles and cups of tea per day? I'm doubtful. 

I honestly don't snack very often at all. Even if I did it'd be a ginger biscuit with a cuppa. That day was pretty average, even the days where I have more, I'm not coming close to 1,800 calories.Like I said, its been checked by people who know what they're talking about (because I've got no fucking clue) and they say I'm filling it in right.

I think Pot noodles are a bad example, because they're shit. I'm swapping out toast for porridge on the days I go to the gym, and I guess I could have more protein?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Dr Gloom Just wanted to pop in say I should have listened to you! All those years ago when you were being ridiculed for your obsession with nutrition and nuts and good fats etc, you were bang on.

Somehow found my way on to a Keto diet and in only 10 days (I know :lol:  ), it’s quite incredible how it changes you.

So little hunger that I find myself unintentionally fasting for 18 hours.

Sweet tooth & carb cravings vanished

Unbelievable increase in energy and mental focus ( almost like the bloke off limitless). 

Eating nuts and flax seed etc

And of course weight dropping off.

It really is incredible how hunger just disappears and you get all these added side effects.

Anyway, well done trailblazer :)

:lol:
Cut out the fats and proteins too. 

( Funny how there’s just been a fat club programme on TV based on Keto-  Lose a Stone in 21 Days. Don’t watch it though, chaps, as the presenter has a lisp and you might catch The Gay.) 

4c0ne8.gif

• Haha 2

Tried low carb/high fat before but couldn’t keep it up long term as I’m a veggie.

It’s a good short term fix if you‘ve got six weeks to shed some fat before a beach holiday but not sustainable in my experience.

You definitely don’t want to be the douche bag who says they can’t go for pizza because they’re on paleo/keto/Atkins/whatever the latest fad diet is. 

These days, what works for me is healthy eating most of the time (I still snack on nuts and seeds and add flax to porridge) but I allow myself everything in moderation (and occasionally to excess). If you stick to that most of the time, and burn more calories than you consume, you’ll maintain that fabulous 32” waist 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

My lass wanted to do that Fast 800 thing to shift the lockdown timber fast, so I jumped on it as well cos I had a good bit to shift too. Down 15 pounds in the first two weeks. Think I'll stick with it til a stone and a half has gone - it's genuinely a piece of piss if you stick with the low carb approach cos you basically don't get hungry despite the massive undereating of calories. 

Can definitely see me trying normal keto once this is finished cos the alternative is I find myself back with all the weight on in 6 months. 

Ketosis is just the natural way the body is meant to work. Energy from fats not carbs. It’s so easy and you basically find yourself naturally on one meal a day. Nearly one and half stone down in 6 weeks and just full of energy all the time.

Diet doctor on YouTube is a great explainer on all the benefits. Being used all over the world to get diabetics off medicine as well.

(Great Bond villain voice as well).

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's the reported benefits for insulin resistance and heart disease that caught my attention though. Plus the fact that, lack of bread and pasta notwithstanding, dinners are lush cos they're full of butter and fat. 

There’s a very good uk Facebook group (Keto fitness club), with lots of people who have “reversed” health issues be that diabetes, ibs etc. Full of recipes as well.

Some people have come off insulin in less than a week. Just have to be very careful in some circumstances to reduce medication prior to starting. All easy enough to get advice though through Diet Doctor of Keto Fitness club.

I’ve watched quite a few YouTube videos with Doctors discussing Keto and it’s quite shocking how the “norm” is still to throw medication at people rather than addressing their diets. It seems to be all the younger generation of Drs who are championing the many health benefits of Keto.

• Like 1

Miracle cure for insulin dependent diabetics? Really? This sounds like dangerous quackery to me. Is there any hard data on this or just the usual collection of anecdotes? I mean, if its this effective it should be easy to measure.