How tall are you and what weight are you, Sugartits?

Guest WDP

• 7 months later...

if you want to improve your health, feel better and reduce your carbon footprint, reducing animal products from your diet is pretty much the best thing you can do. 

eating that much steak is a really bad for you plus it is pretty much the worst thing you can do to your carbon footprint other than excessive flying around the world

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He addresses the colon myth in his tweets

A meta-analysis of 29 studies of meat consumption and colon cancer concluded that a high consumption of red meat increases risk by 28%, and a high consumption of processed meat increases risk by 20%.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/red-meat-and-colon-cancer

Red meat – such as beef, lamb and pork – is a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals, and can form part of a balanced diet. But eating a lot of red and processed meat increases your risk of bowel (colorectal) cancer.

That's why it's recommended that people who eat more than 90g (cooked weight) of red and processed meat a day cut down to 70g or less. This could help reduce your risk of bowel cancer.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/red-meat-and-the-risk-of-bowel-cancer/

i'm more convinced by Harvard studies and official NHS advice than random bloke on the internet's twitter feed 

The problem is that everyone in those studies - the red meat eaters, and the ones that aren't, are also pounding processed foods down their gullets. So it's impossible to say that it's the red meat that's the cause. Maybe the big red meat eaters are more predisposed to washing them down with loads of lager and eating processed carbs to go with the steaks and burgers. 

if you're going to consume a shit load of animal products, unprocessed options are clearly best option for your health, but the scientific consensus as things stand is too much red meat isn't good for you

i wouldn't say eating that much of anything is part of a balanced diet though. human beings are omnivores, not carnivores. 

that said, what you put in your body is up to you. i would be a hypocrite if i tried to lecture anyone about the benefits of healthy living given the amount of shit i have put in my body over the years.

but freedom of choice may be curtailed as long as factory farming continues to destroy the planet. if you are looking at why you might reduce meat consumption, the environmental argument is by far the most convincing one. i wouldn't be surprised if a meat tax is introduced at some point in the not-so-distant future

policymakers only react when voters start demanding change. we are heading for climate catastrophe in our lifetimes if we don't alter course quickly.